• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ahaj

Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• Ahaj
      I have booked 2 seats on Express Bouriccot at 16.40 on May 18. This meets the Ryan Air flight from Stansted. Hoping there are others on this flight that might want to share the transfer costs- if you do you need to book direct with them. Email...
    • Ahaj
      Ahaj replied to the thread Sleeping bag or liner and blanket.
      Thanks for the references. Have treated bags and outer layers before and regularly spray permethrin on my garden work clothes with no ill effects so yes I might think about the silk liner again.
    • Ahaj
      Ahaj replied to the thread Sleeping bag or liner and blanket.
      How do you treat your liner? I was planning on just spraying my thin sleeping bag/ blanket as on previous Caminos and wondered if spraying the liner that was skin close might be irritating. I’d thought just the outer bag would do the job? Would...
    • Ahaj
      Ahaj replied to the thread Descent into Roncesvalles.
      And I’m a cautious retired lawyer so I guess you can see the choice I’m making after all your kind advice!!!
    • Ahaj
      Ahaj reacted to Anhalter's post in the thread Descent into Roncesvalles with Like Like.
      Havin walked both, i found the left path a bit more beautiful but a lot harder on the knees. Pretty sure elevation profiles for both can be found online, but to make things short: if you get issues with yopur knees on steep descents, take the...
    • Ahaj
      Thank you for your reply- I can be slightly accident prone so another factor pushing me towards the road route!
    • Ahaj
      Thank you so much! I agree I found it very pretty- the heather was in full flower and very stunning. I think like you I might find the concentration on walking on the forest track would reduce the enjoyment.
    • Ahaj
      I have only ever turned right and descended on the road into Ronscevalles assuming it would be too hard on the knees to go the main route. I have an occasional, minor degree of pain in one knee on steep descents. I am wondering just how hard the...
    • Ahaj
      Ahaj reacted to Tincatinker's post in the thread What's a Slow Walker? with Like Like.
      I walk 6kph on the flat but class myself as a slow walker because I keep stopping to look at stuff or for a beer/coffee/Orujo whatever. Consequently 10 hours walking gets me 30km, not 60. 😉
    • Ahaj
      Ahaj replied to the thread Post covid.
      Thank you that is useful information
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back