• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

JabbaPapa

Latest activity Postings Media About Post areas

• JabbaPapa
      Another vote for "they just like it stronger in the south". I also found that to be true when I walked the VDLP. Luckily, I like my coffee very strong so I was a happy walker.
    • JabbaPapa
      Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect flights between Paris and Bayonne and other...
    • JabbaPapa
      JabbaPapa reacted to steve392's post in the thread What's changed? with Buen Camino! Buen Camino!.
      Thank you everyone for the replies. It's as I thought. #1 - Holy year. All cleared thanks to JabbaPapa. #2 - Cost. To be expected. Everything goes up in price. Nothing to worry about, just budget accordingly. #3 - Bed race. Again, plan...
    • JabbaPapa
      Or might it be that the "coffeeculture" in the Southwest of Spain is different than in the northern parts where I walked most of my caminos?
    • JabbaPapa
      Café con leche generally varies in its recipes from one region to the next -- though a certain particular manner of preparing it has become somewhat common in establishments catering towards pilgrims on the Francès. Not sure why. Personally...
    • JabbaPapa
      I didn't. The people in question had not walked and were not walking the Way of Saint James. Their direction of travel was incidental, even though hikers not walking to Santiago but in that direction are given the benefit of doubt by those...
    • JabbaPapa
      When you walk in that area towards Rome or towards Santiago on the coastal Ligurian route, going down to the Cinque Terre leads you away from your destination and not towards it. The Cinque Terre are a beautiful cul-de-sac, but geographically...
    • JabbaPapa
      I have stayed in literally hundreds of Albergues over the course of my ongoing very lengthy home to home Camino, and that's actually not true -- but some Albergues do refuse to accept hikers who have no purpose towards Compostela and who are also...
    • JabbaPapa
      I did read the Telegraph article this morning, and they put up a sensationalist title for it grossly exaggerating the effects and extent of the local policy, suggesting for example that "Italy" has decreed it. I cannot pretend that I support...
    • JabbaPapa
      JabbaPapa replied to the thread What's changed?.
      Roman Jubilee years occur every 25 years, and they are unrelated to either this or that Pope or with other Jubilees or Holy Years in other Sanctuaries. It is not a universal Jubilee year as the Year of Mercy was, it's just the normal Roman...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back