• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

T

Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• T
      Let your body do the talking The less you bring from home the better You are entering an area that has a very different culture than us , embrace it and enjoy the days and weeks ahead.
    • T
      Thornley reacted to trecile's post in the thread Hotels along the way - with Like Like.
      As far as the luggage goes, you can arrange transfer on a day to day basis. I would only book my first few nights before leaving home, then as I understand how far I'm comfortable walking each day I would book a day or two ahead. You have a lot...
    • T
      A little more news. The film is to be shown at the Marché du Film in Cannes in May where it may be seen by possible distributors...
    • T
      Numbers on the Camino Frances are now fifty times more than they were when I walked it for the first time. At what point in the past should that growth have been halted? And how would you have managed that? Realistically I think that most of...
    • T
      OK, without creating a spoiler. It gives a really authentic insight into what walking a Camino is really about and can be. Some interesting facts: There are only 4 professional actors in the movie. The rest are Pilgrims. Pilgrims that Bill...
    • T
      One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill Bennett Producer / Actress - Jennifer Cluff, and Rising...
    • T
      Thornley reacted to Kathar1na's post in the thread €12000 fine on Route Napoleon? with Like Like.
      I now know again where the €12.000 come from. I had looked into this in March 2016. Below is the relevant quote from a forum thread of March 2016. My personal guess is that this is similar to the example of how a maximum fine for littering might...
    • T
      Thornley reacted to Kathar1na's post in the thread €12000 fine on Route Napoleon? with Like Like.
      There is an article (in Spanish) from 2021 about How much does a mountain rescue cost and who should pay for it? The various regional emergency services have different rates / fines if you need a mountain rescue. However, it has to be pointed...
    • T
      Thornley reacted to Bedspring's post in the thread €12000 fine on Route Napoleon? with Like Like.
      Not many. In the UK we have the Foreign and Commonwealth Office who issue travel advice, and if they advice against travel, then most policies will not cover you. As a slight aside, if anyone struggles for insurance perhaps because of age or...
    • T
      Thornley reacted to Antnix1's post in the thread €12000 fine on Route Napoleon? with Like Like.
      I wonder how many insurers would cover you for ignoring travel warnings or intentionally putting yourself in danger. For example many insurers will deny claims if a hospital report notes alcohol in your system.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back