• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

hecate105

Latest activity Postings Resources About Post areas

• hecate105
      Its all very well packing lightly....but a corkscrew is an essential....
    • hecate105
      Ecover washing up liquid. Natural, suits mosts skin. Great for dishes, clothes, bodies, hair and as a bonus is particularly good for getting oil off! A small bottle 50ml goes a long way. Also most European health food stores do refills....
    • hecate105
      Hi and thanks for swift reply! its really the good old veedlepee that I want to finish from Salamanca/Zamora to Astorga. I have never used a "forwarding" style for my rucksack and am thinking of trailer for extra water and carrying a tarp for...
    • hecate105
      hecate105 reacted to Gerard Griffin's post in the thread Do I take a tent with Love Love.
      There's a Camino for every person and they're all different and each is the best, for the person whose desires and needs it reflects. But I think it makes sense to carry a lightweight tarp/groundsheet setup, even if you don't plan to camp. You...
    • hecate105
      hecate105 reacted to Barbara's post in the thread Do I take a tent with Love Love.
      Well, that's us told. I'd have been well knackered if I hadn't made my donkey carry my tent. Even if she did grumble about it because I wouldn't let her in it with me. Mostly I asked if I could use a corner of a field. Perfectly legal with the...
    • hecate105
      hecate105 reacted to Robo's post in the thread Respectful donativo amounts in 2024 with Like Like.
      That's why I pay more in a Donativo than I would elsewhere, that has a 'price'. A Donativo, for those who can afford it, is a chance to help out a bit and 'give back'........
    • hecate105
      hecate105 replied to the thread Do I take a tent.
      We camped most of the way on the interior - and the coastal - plenty of campsites - with pilgrim discount on coastal (we did that last summer!) Wild camping fairly easy - just use your loaf! Always (camping or hiking!) take a trowel - no...
    • hecate105
      hecate105 reacted to Gerard Griffin's post in the thread Do I take a tent with Like Like.
      I've camped on the Portugese Camino from Lisbon to Santiago and never had a problem with police or landowners, or with finding a good campsite. Sanitation is not an issue, there's lots of open space.
    • hecate105
      To digress a little, for me, I’ve never gone on any walk or journey with the explicit intention of finding answers, be they spiritual of otherwise. At least not since the first time I did so and realised life doesn’t work that way. Since then...
    • hecate105
      hecate105 reacted to J.Patrick's post in the thread Why do you want to walk the Camino? with Like Like.
      Two things: My accurate answer would be “all of the above.” It seems to me that “religious” is a subset of “spiritual.” It’s peculiar to see this as an either/or.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back