• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Are there any friends of ........... out there?

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Frances 2013-Ingles 2014-Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017-Via Francigena 2018 & 2019
It occured to me earlier today that as Al is about to set off on his umpteenth camino and there are many others on the forum including myself ADDICTED to this walk! Well the thought occured that perhaps there should be meetings on the Way, you know a bit like “friends of bill w”. We could call it ??? ............well maybe some one else could come up with an appropriet name and please, how could we organise these meetings.?;)

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think that there is a Friends of James thread somewhere. Maybe even started by Al himself.
Meanwhile we have our 'Camigos' in S Devon; Camino Amigos :) Not sure how we would manage on the Way , but I like the idea. About 2 years ago it was suggested that we all meet in Santiago at a given time daily/weekly, but where was never decided.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Found it!! I'm a friend of St James, and Al did start it. :)

Well there you are and he's off again sounds as if he has given up fighting it Tia Valeria. He obviously isn't getting on very well with organising the friends into a pro active group for withdrawal. Any way we've sorted the title "Friends of St James the founder Al the O ".
Just to decide now the best way of dealing with this "preoccupation with the Way" must admit I"m not too optimistic !;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Haha! Your post heading is deceiving! In the "old" days, if you wanted to be discreet about being gay, you would say "I'm a friend of Dorothy's" or ask "Is he a friend of Dorothy's?" In homage to Judy Garland.

Perhaps we should spread the 'Camigo' name as in 'I'm a friend of the Camino' - the Camigos in S Devon are meeting again this coming week. We are all Friends of St James and may be addicted or about to become so.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Perhaps we should spread the 'Camigo' name as in 'I'm a friend of the Camino' - the Camigos in S Devon are meeting again this coming week. We are all Friends of St James and may be addicted or about to become so.

About tomorrow Tia Valeria have you finished painting the yellow arrows on the route through Dorset and Devon to the Cathedral and where is the pilgrim office for our compostela please !!:);):confused:

Sorry - I ran out of paint after doing our stairs, will a shell sign on the table do so that you know you have arrived??

Bill has been my friend for 32 years, just sayin. You are never alone! ODAT

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
About 2 years ago it was suggested that we all meet in Santiago at a given time daily/weekly, but where was never decided.

Tia Valeria,
This is something for which we'd love to provide the place and time! Our first English-speaking pilgrim Meet-Up will be this Thursday, September 18. I'm not sure who from this Forum will be around, but it would be fun to have any and all of you! https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-meet-up-for-english-speaking-pilgrims.29148/

Ah.....the 'Friends of St James' have a place to meet :):). Thank you. Al - who started a similar thread to this one - will hopefully read your post before he reaches Santiago, although it might not be in time for the first meeting.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nate did find me but I had just gone to Madrid! Oh well next time (assuming there will be one o_O)
PS Back 3 days and not booked again yet! Not that I want to be like those bores on Facebook who when giving up smoking and publicly count the days and hours since their last indulgence?

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back