• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino September 2014

caterina

Time of past OR future Camino
I will be doing my first Camino on 1st September, 2014. I will be starting from Leon as I don't have enough time to do the whole trip.
Hi I'm Caterina. I'm walking the Camino on September 2014. I'm doing it on my own so it feels a little daunting. I'm starting from Leon and I'm quite anxious about the first day and hope that I meet some friendly pilgrims to get me through the first day at least. If anyone else is traveling at the same time would be happy to meet up and fumble thru together

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welcome caterina. I will be on my first camino in Sept. also. Starting in SJPDP on the 9th. You will be in good company, so relax and enjoy. Buen camino!

Thank you I will try to stay positive
Buen Camino !!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi I'm Caterina. I'm walking the Camino on September 2014. I'm doing it on my own so it feels a little daunting. I'm starting from Leon and I'm quite anxious about the first day and hope that I meet some friendly pilgrims to get me through the first day at least. If anyone else is traveling at the same time would be happy to meet up and fumble thru together

Caterina,
Fear nought my friend. No need to fumble through, I can't for one moment believe you will not meet one, two, three and more people, all of them strangers, who will show and share nothing but kindness, caring and compassion. I dearly, dearly envy you.
Buen Camino

John
So very kind of you
I guess it is the fear if the unknown and whether I have done enough to prepare
I am very excited though and so grateful for all the advice and encouragement on the forum
Caterina

Caterina,

I walked my first Camino, Sept 2012. I had met a few people on the forum and met them in SJPP. I also met many people along the way. I can only speak from my experience, almost everyone I met was willing to help me and anyone else make a successful journey. In turn, I had the attitude to help when I could. It really is that kind of attitude on the Camino. So, relax, enjoy and the saying you will hear many times, the Camino will provide, is very true.

I will start in SJPP on Aug 31 this year, perhaps our paths will cross.

Enjoy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Caterina, I've just recently returned form the Camino walking on my own from Astorga (close to Leon) to Santiago. I too was anxious on my first morning, take a deep breath and simply start walking, don't think too much just start. I did make the mistake of starting out before dawn the first morning therefore I didn't have anyone to follow, I decided to take an early breakfast in a cafe and wait for another pilgrim to walk past, then followed - that made me feel a lot more comfortable. You will meet some amazing people, some you may walk with for a few minutes others perhaps a day or two. Bien Camino!

Thank you for the encouraging words
Getting more comfortable now thanks to the lovely kind supportive Camino family here

I'm also doing the Camino in Sept. It is a little daunting but I managed a solo trip to Burma ok!

I'm going to read lots of these posts and make copious notes.

My tip: start soaking your feet with surgical spirit.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm thinking of doing the camino by myself the end of September but feeling a little anxious about it!!

I've never really travelled anywhere on my own before but my dad did it this April and highly recommends it!!

I'm relatively fit, but the thought of walking every day is a little daunting!:)

Any tips would be really appreciated!:)

Jo.

I think if you want to do it, you should just do it, if you don't like it you can always do something else, and at least you will know. I'm starting on September the 20th and I'm a bit apprehensive but I'm really looking forward to it, I think you'll be fine :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That's what I'm thinking, I've been wanting to do it for so long but keep putting it off for a number of different reasons!!

Might see you out there!:) thanks.

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.