• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Pilgrim Blessing

sriyantra

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances September "2014"
Last night I received a Pilgrim Blessing at my Church and I thought I would share it with you. I went in my full walking gear !

Having previously spoken at Church about the Camino in general, last night I spoke about the spiritual significance of Cruz de Ferro. As I spoke, the congregation handed around a piece of rose quartz. I had invited each person to hold it, make a wish or a prayer for themselves, someone else, or the world in general. I will carry the quartz to Cruz de Ferro and leave it there with the hope that their wishes and prayers are answered. It is also my intent that the crystal will beam out unconditional love to every future pilgrim.

After I spoke the Minister gave me the following blessing:

"May the Divine Creator bless your sacred journey. We invoke the Church Angels and the Great Archangels to watch over you and to wrap their wings around you when you need upliftment. May the group heart of our Church community journey with you...when you are feeling weary may this comfort and encourage you. May the sun by day nourish you (even if you can't see it). May the stars at night inspire you. May the kindness of all your brothers and sisters on your pilgrimage lift you. Bless this sacred journey! We bless your courage, we bless your dedication. We love and honour you and may your heart be filled with spiritual rewards for your dedication. With love and safe journeying....."

I thought the blessing was particularly beautiful and that other forum members might feel inspired by it.

With forum member daviddephillips permission, I then projected the Camino 500 Miles Party Youtube clip onto a screen and everyone sang the song with gusto - not once, but twice, because they loved it so much.

14 sleeps to go......

Blessing.JPG Blessing2.JPG

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That is so wonderful that your minister and congregation blessed you before you leave on your camino. My minister and congregation have done that before both of my caminos. I LOVE your idea about having each person hold the stone that you will place at the Cruz de Ferro. I think I will do that before I leave on my next camino.

Buen Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That's a lovely blessing and really captures the spirit of the Camino and of God in nature.
I love the idea of sharing your stone. You must find something of your Camino to take back to your church. I'm sure something perfect will present itself; either something physical or something that is said or done.
Muy Buen Camino!

Thank you for sharing that beautiful Blessing with us Buen camino pilgrim.

That's a lovely blessing and really captures the spirit of the Camino and of God in nature.
I love the idea of sharing your stone. You must find something of your Camino to take back to your church. I'm sure something perfect will present itself; either something physical or something that is said or done.
Muy Buen Camino!
Thank you for the idea of bringing something home. I certainly will be talking at Church about the Camino but I hadn't thought of bringing something physical home. As you say, "something perfect will present itself". As a Church we are not at all wealthy in monetary terms. We rent a hall and spend the collection money on helping others. We make sure that children who go to school without food have lunch every day, support the youth homeless house and many other one off situations where monetary, and at times physical help is required. We also run healing meditation classes for anyone needing a way of coping with stress and illness. Now the angels have heard our request the right thing will be put in front of me. Thank you again.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sriyantra, Thanks for this lovely post.

I am not a Catholic (Lutheran).

My start was in Roncesvalles and I went to the evening mass. I was kind of taken by surprise when all pilgrims were called up to come and have a pilgrim blessing. (In fact so much surprised that I left all my 'values' on the bench where I had been sitting – realized it and went back – and a very kindly elderly pilgrim had stayed in the bench and been keeping watch on it – so considerate – also a kind of camino blessing – kindness from a stranger/fellow pilgrim).

I would attend masses whenever churches were open. Those that stand out for me were in Los Arcos and in Carrion de los Condes. Very special with pilgrim blessings. – What I missed, however, was that as a non-Catholic, I would not be able to take communion.

Buen camino to you, and such a lovely thought about the stone.

annelise

– What I missed, however, was that as a non-Catholic, I would not be able to take communion.

The circumstances under which Christian pilgrims who are not Catholic may receive communion on the Camino have been discussed in earlier threads. I am Anglican and did not understand that I could receive communion -- until I reached Santiago.

I'm an Episcopalian and I don't take communion when in a Catholic Church . . . . . . . only to honor their wishes. But on the Camino, when I was at a Pilgrim Mass, I felt that receiving communion was somehow okay.

And at Burgos and Carrion de los Condes, those masses with the special pilgrim blessings were very moving and have served as an inspiration.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back