• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reporting Live From The Camino -- The 4 Minute Pilgrim

RobertS26

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, (2013)
Camino Frances, (2014)
Camino Frances, (2015)
I am headed back to the Camino in eight days. I will be walking with a close friend, Dan Garrity, who is former television reporter and now a professor of broadcast journalism at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. He will be videotaping our journey and will be sending video reports back each night to a local television station where he used to work. His reports will be four minutes long and will be called the "4 Minute Pilgrim". We will be starting in Sarria due to time constraints, but I know Dan will be able to capture the essence of the Camino in that short period of time. Stop by and say hello to us if you spot us on the Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Robert -- I hope the station posts these on their website for internet viewing.

Which Spokane sation is involved?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Either KREM or KHQ, or both. Dan is in final negotiations as we speak. I, or Dan (who goes by Prof Dan on this forum) will post exact information in the next few days.

Thanks for the quick response. I hope you can find the good bandwidth you need along the CF to upload good quality, longer video posts.

I am headed back to the Camino in eight days. I will be walking with a close friend, Dan Garrity, who is former television reporter and now a professor of broadcast journalism at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. He will be videotaping our journey and will be sending video reports back each night to a local television station where he used to work. His reports will be four minutes long and will be called the "4 Minute Pilgrim". We will be starting in Sarria due to time constraints, but I know Dan will be able to capture the essence of the Camino in that short period of time. Stop by and say hello to us if you spot us on the Camino.
This is great. I hope I get to see it. I do not watch Fox television, but, apparently they had a segment this last Sunday on the guy who is pushing his wheelchair-bound friend on the camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi, I'm from Oregon and would love to follow the 4min pilgrim. My kickoff date is May/June 2015. I hope your able to put it on the internet so it can be enjoyed by others
Buen Camino

After weeks of the "Menu of the Day", the Italian restaurant in Sarria - Matias, was a welcome change of pace. The food is some of the most enjoyable on the Camino and the brothers that run the place are pilgrims. When we were there in June, they said they want to "run" the Camino instead of walking or biking. It's fun place to have an evening meal and it's right on The Way.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Spokane?! Two of us from Deer Park will be walking SJPP t0 SdC starting in mid September. Are there any pilgrim groups in Eastern Wa?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thomas, I hope the bandwidth is there too. Sounds like you know how long it takes to upload high def video. I did something like this in Turkey 2 years ago and several times it took 12 hours to post a ten minute episode.
Tink, we plan to release the entire series 'House of Cards' style (lol) all at once in early September. We'll be sure to post exact dates and links as we get closer. I can't believe I'm a week away from the trip!
And Ivar-thanks for my first Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This sounds great! I might see you along the way, as I just passed the Cruz de Ferro today. My mom will be joining me in Sarria and we'll set out July 29/30, but I anticipate only going 10-15 km per day because she's older and not in the best shape. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back