• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamps in Galicia?

Kellzies

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2014
Hi everyone!
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I'm currently on Day 28 of my Camino, using the app and nothing popped up in my search. So here goes.
I just noticed at the end of my credential that it says 2 stamps are needed each day on Galicia. Can someone clarify this? Do we need to stop in at a church or bar or somewhere extra each day? I'm a little worries about all the stamps fitting. And then also if someone can clarify needing two stamps for the day before entering Santiago that'd be great!

Again I'm sorry if this has been answered a million times (and if so if appreciate a link to that thread).
Thanks!

Buen Camino!

Kelly

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yep that´s right you need two stamps per day in the last 100 kms.
But it´s quite easy to get. One will always be from the place you spend the night. And the other can be a church , bar, restaurant , etc........

Ondo Ibili !

Thanks for the quick reply!! A follow up question (and forgive my ignorance on it). Is it just the last 100k that needs the 2 stamps/day or all of Galicia, or is that one in the same?

I'll just have to ask people to really squeeze them in so they all fit!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just the last 100km. Add a sheet of paper if you need more space; nothing fancy.

As I said above , you need two stamps per day in the last 100 kms

Ondo Ibili !

Thanks! I just got confused because my credential said Galicia. I really appreciate the clarification :)

You and falcon have definitely put my mind at ease on this.

Muchas gracias!

Hi everyone!
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I'm currently on Day 28 of my Camino, using the app and nothing popped up in my search. So here goes.
I just noticed at the end of my credential that it says 2 stamps are needed each day on Galicia. Can someone clarify this? Do we need to stop in at a church or bar or somewhere extra each day? I'm a little worries about all the stamps fitting. And then also if someone can clarify needing two stamps for the day before entering Santiago that'd be great!

Again I'm sorry if this has been answered a million times (and if so if appreciate a link to that thread).
Thanks!

Buen Camino!

Kelly

G'day Kelly,

I think this is a bit flexible, but better to be on the safe side. Technically, I had no stamps on my last day into Santiago except the one they did in the Pilgrim Office signing me off. But I had stayed in the San Paio Hostal in Lavacolla the night before and had their stamp, then walked in the 10k early the next morning in the rain. The sopping filthy state I was in would have belied any attempts to claim I hadn't walked in that day.

De Colores

Bogong (John)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We spent our last night in Lavacollo, then got stamps at the snack bar of the campground just past the big TV Galicia building and at Capilla San Marco at Monte del Gozo on our way into Santiago.

they're hardly going to count your stamps at the pilgrims' office after 28 days on the Camino... but lots of bars to get that second one if you need it (and very few churches).

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The personal in the pilgrims office in SdC are volunteers. And they have different naturals. The
inch pincher and the generous.
Depends which character you encounter in the office.
Buen Camino
Jochen

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Somehow I missed the two-a-day-stamps-for-last-100k compostela prerequisite on my February/March walk from SJPDP. Fortunately, it didn't matter ... in my case. Perhaps the worn-out, hadn't-shaved-in-a-month look helped!

Question: I know you need 2 stamps per day in Galicia. But what if you take a rest day (even on the last 100 km)? They are expecting rain this weekend so I was planning on just staying wherever I landed until the rain let up on Monday. Will I still need 4-6 stamps from the same city over the course of 2-3 days?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I thought the two stamps a day was for people walking only the last 100 kilometers, showing that you had walked and not taking the bus by getting a stamp along the way!
I have on my caminoes never had more than one stamp a day and nobody at the pilgrimsoffice questioned that.
I will soon start from Porto and see now that I must collect two stamps each day from Tui.

Getting 2 stamps a day over the last 100 kms should be quite easy. Any bar, restaurant and sometimes simple shops have a stamp available. And since the main daily stamp will be from the albergue/hostal where you passed the night, no one in Santiago is going to quibble about whether or not you might have missed a stamp (or two). Buen Camino!

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum

And if you like, why not get a second credential ( which most of us do) to join on to your first one, instead of using a piece of paper. Anne

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.