• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Corazon Puro Experience!

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
Sitting in Corazon Puro. Must be the easiest, cheepest way to reach SJpdP: Was picked up in Pamplona by Istvan on time as per his instructions, and given a nice drive to the pension, with full dinner and transport tomorrow morning to SJ. All for 33 Euros!!!

Clean, neat, 5 doble rooms, real beds, bath with a tub!!

Way to go in style. Simply brilliant !

Www.corazonpuro.es

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I agree Alex!. Stayed there last October on my way down from Roncesvalles. It was a great place to relax; all was cozy and the food delicious. Please say "Hi" for me to Barbara and Istvan.

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It should be 43 not 33, which is still a great bargain. Breakfast included before bring driven to SJ in the morning. What a relaxing start to my Camino! Fellow forum member also here: forget her name all the time, so I just call her Stephanie! :) :) she will no doubt come in here and out it straight! :-

My room Even has a balcony...

No need to go to France, other than SJ, where we will be before 9 AM tomorrow :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
How can I find our if there is availability for me there on the 28tg of May with a rude to SJPD in the am. Maybe more relaxing than trying to get there same day.

Scratch that last response, Alex. But I agree the value is still great because it would cost a lot more and would cause greater stress getting there on our own.

With a service like this it is both foolish and more expensive to do different, IMHO.

Top service, top quality, and a very relaxed and safe journey to SJ.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Last September I also stayed there and loved it. I began in Roncesvalles, and walked only about 7 miles (11K) my first day (talk about starting off slow!) to Bizkarreta. It was Barbara and Istavar who told me not to miss the Parish albergue in Zabaldika with the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, a 14 mile (21 K) walk from Corazon Pura. This was a wonderful experience for me, and so glad I followed their advice! They are the best!

Sitting in Corazon Puro. Must be the easiest, cheepest way to reach SJpdP: Was picked up in Pamplona by Istvan on time as per his instructions, and given a nice drive to the pension, with full dinner and transport tomorrow morning to SJ. All for 33 Euros!!!

Clean, neat, 5 doble rooms, real beds, bath with a tub!!

Way to go in style. Simply brilliant !

Www.corazonpuro.es

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I've been considering whether or not to get to SJPdP via Corazon Puro. Your post may put me over the edge. Did you fly into Madrid? Did you take the bus from T4 of the airport to Pamplona for your pick up by the Corazon hosts? Buen Camino.

I flew to Barcelona and took train to Pamplona 3hrs. Istvan will pick you up at the station, drive you to his place and serve you a 3-course dinner with wine. Next morning you will be in SJ before 9.00 in good time for all before all others starta tribune. All for 43 Euros. No hassle, just fun.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Spell checker.... ...."start coming there"

Let me know if you run into a couple from Charleston, SC. Bill and Joan. They decided to "come in the back door" too, so to speak. I think it's this weekend. If you do, say "Hi" and Buen Camino!

Last edited:
I booked with them for my August 26th start and I very excited! Glad to see this resoundingly good review!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Let me know if you run into a couple from Charleston, SC. Bill and Joan. They decided to "come in the back door" too, so to speak. I think it's this weekend. If you do, say "Hi" and Buen Camino!
They're a day ahead of you!

Corazon Puro is wonderful, as is the hospitality of Istvan and Barbara. We went stayed there and made transit up to SJPdP, and then stopped for lunch two days later en route to Zubiri. It was an extraordinary stop for extraordinary value and extraordinary hospitality.

My only concern was that hitting the trail around 9am meant no time to explore SJPdP and it meant worse afternoon weather over the pass and a late arrival in Roncesvalles. As CP gains in volume, there might be further transit delays if more folks need transit than the car has seats. My inclination next time is to use Corazon Puro, spend a bit of time exploring SJPdP, and then stay over in Orisson.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm confirmed at Corazon for my first night in Spain! I will take my time exploring SJPdP in the morning before hiking up to Orisson where I will spend the night (if I receive confirmation).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We will spend the night at Corazon Puro in just 3 more days! Then on to SJPP! I can hardly believe that the time has finally come.
Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear your thoughts about Corazon!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Will be there May 14. Thinking of spending all day May 15 in SJPDP then walking to Roncevalles on May 16.

Barbara and Istvan are lovely people....the accommodations perfect, the food excellent and the ride over the mountains sets the tone for what is to come.
I flew into Madrid, Iberia flight to Pamplona and Istvan waiting at the curb.
There is no better value !
Corazon Puro !

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum
Walkdontrun

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Barbara and Istvan are lovely people....the accommodations perfect, the food excellent and the ride over the mountains sets the tone for what is to come.
I flew into Madrid, Iberia flight to Pamplona and Istvan waiting at the curb.
There is no better value !
Corazon Puro !

Sent from my iPad using Camino de Santiago Forum
Walkdontrun
Great to hear. I'll be doing this on May 25th.

I booked my night there June 13. I can't wait. I just need to figure out how to get from Madrid airport to Pamplona. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not found a bus or train that leaves directly from the airport

Alyssa, I am doing the exact same thing! I got a reservation for June 14th in Orisson.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I booked my night there June 13. I can't wait. I just need to figure out how to get from Madrid airport to Pamplona. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not found a bus or train that leaves directly from the airport
Erin, Annie Santiago gave great advice on another thread about getting from the Madrid Barajas airport to Pamplona. I emailed it to you! In case anyone else wants the info, you can look up the bus schedule from Terminal 4 in the airport to Pamplona non-stop on Conda buslines.

Last edited:
Hey Erin, I decided to do the train. I am flying in to Madrid on 5/24, staying overnight and taking train to Pamplona where I hope to be picked up to go to Corazon Puro.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just booked a night there for June 5th.
Arrive in Madrid via Iberia at 7:50 am, then have reservations on the ALSA bus from T4 which leaves at 10:45 am and gets to Pamplona at 3:35 pm.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
have been planning to start in Pamplona but seeing this sure makes sjpd tempting

Highly recommend this option to get to SJPDP from Madrid airport. Took the ALSA bus from there to Pamplona (booked online in advance). Arrived at Pamplona bus station and Istvan was waiting there for me. Great place to stay and a wonderful dinner that night and breakfast the next morning and a ride to SJPDP and dropped off near the pilgrim's office. So user friendly and a good price for sure.

Does anyone know what the chances are of me landing in Madrid at 6:35pm and being able to taxi to Atocha to catch a 7:35pm train to Pamplona? That is the last train of the day it seems. Also, how late are the folks at Corazon Puro willing to pick up at the train station?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Does anyone know what the chances are of me landing in Madrid at 6:35pm and being able to taxi to Atocha to catch a 7:35pm train to Pamplona? That is the last train of the day it seems. Also, how late are the folks at Corazon Puro willing to pick up at the train station?

Hmmm, I'd say that it would be very very close. Taxi at this hour will have to navigate traffic, though not the heavy rush traffic. I would bet it'll take about a half hour. Are you coming from EU or will you have to go through customs/immigration? Are you checking luggage? Which terminal will you arrive in?

And as others have pointed out, which I did not know, the "arrival time" is actually the "wheels on the ground" time and not the "arrival at the gate" time, so that may add another good chunk of time depending on which runway you land on and where your arrival gate is.

I have never stayed with Corazón Puro, but my understanding is that they will pick you up in Pamplona at your destination of choice. Buen camino, Laurie

I'm thinking I better spend the night in Madrid and head to Pamplona the next morning. Does anyone have hostel recommendations for Madrid?

Hi, cclala, I am going to suggest that since you will be arriving in early evening, you should consider staying somewhere where there is good street life, restaurants, cafes, etc. I don't know if you've been to Spain before, but you will find that there is a very lively street scene, with dinner starting at the VERY earliest at 8:30 or 9 pm. I would also suggest that you be either in walking distance to Atocha or close to Puerta del Sol, because that's just a short one stop on the Cercanias train to Atocha.

Puerta del Sol is the big downtown center, lots of shops, lots of pickpockets. Easy to walk to the Plaza Mayor and very old Madrid, and also easy to walk to the Royal Palace and the Opera area. Hostal Persal is pretty close to Sol near a very pretty plaza and is a favorite for people at the end of their camino. I've stayed there a number of times.

There are lots of pensions near Atocha, and it's very close to the Retiro Park, which is lovely. A couple of forum members have stayed in that neighborhood. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/favorite-albergues-in-madrid.17477/

I very much like the Hostal Bruña, cheap, clean, and family run, but it's not a terrific location for your arrival. Its nearest metro is Antón Martín and that´s not very convenient. The best way to get there would be to take Cercanías to Sol and then either the metro or it´s about a km walk from Sol. It´s also about 1 km from Atocha, and it´s a very nice walk down the Paseo del Prado from the hostal to the train station. The Bruña is in what´s called the Letras district, lots of good restaurants, cafes, and if you ask for an interior room you won´t hear a sound.

Hope this gets you started. Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much, Laurie! Great information. I have never been to Spain and thought I would explore Madrid after the Camino but I think I will spend the night and next day then head to Pamplona. I appreciate the guidance and now I can check out those options.

gratefully,
Colleen

Hey Erin, I decided to do the train. I am flying in to Madrid on 5/24, staying overnight and taking train to Pamplona where I hope to be picked up to go to Corazon Puro.
Which train is it and where did you buy your ticket?

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back