Search 69,459 Camino Questions

a sort of guide for invierno

caminka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
see signature
ola!

I promised to try to update my description and accommodation list for camino invierno till the end of this year, and somewhat did it.

the accommodation list is all updated.

the description is not all updated because I cannot anymore access any map with reliable heights (we had to decrease our internet speed and the maps simply refuse to download or open) and they are lacking in some places, although nowhere crucial. but at least the m-s will give you an idea of the up-and-down hilly terrain.
there are a couple of other sill unfinished points because I am waiting for the information. I have been told by the president of one of the associations that cater to the camino that there are several new albergues scheduled to open next year and that there will be some changing in the route itself. that is very good news. I will post any info as I get it.

here are the links:

the accommodation list: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1292227/camino files 12/accommodation CAMINO INVIERNO.pdf

the description: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1292227/camino files 12/Camino description INVIERNO public 12.pdf

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I see/read that some, shall we say, more adventurous pilgrims will be walking invierno this year. so I skimmed through my description/guide and updated all the accommodation info I found on the net. nothing particularly exciting on invierno itself. I am not sure if albergue in quiroga is closed or not because on their site they have some programs that were happening this easter. no new albergues opened, as far as I could find. on sanabres three new albergues opened, one in silleda, one in a bandeira and one in a ponte ulla. I imagine that in santiago (in the centre, more or less) every year a new albergue pops up.

link is this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u... 12/Camino description INVIERNO public 14.pdf

take care!

Can I suggest some changes. The lady called Penelope dose not run a Casa Rural. She runs a whole let property. She is actually unlicensed to run a Casa Rural.
If any pilgrims wish to stay at any official Casa Rural on your list should maybe phone to ask they have space. There are times of the year that we all at one time or another get booked up. Or close for vacations.
As some of us Casa Rurals are off the track we can usually help with a pick up and drop off service.
Maybe add phone numbers to the details?
Apart from that all I can say is good work. :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks, Caminka!
We'll be starting on the Camino Invierno in a few days (just finished the Lebaniego and Vadiniense), and your guide looks great.
Dan

Can I suggest some changes. The lady called Penelope dose not run a Casa Rural. She runs a whole let property. She is actually unlicensed to run a Casa Rural.
If any pilgrims wish to stay at any official Casa Rural on your list should maybe phone to ask they have space. There are times of the year that we all at one time or another get booked up. Or close for vacations.
As some of us Casa Rurals are off the track we can usually help with a pick up and drop off service.
Maybe add phone numbers to the details?
Apart from that all I can say is good work. :D

thank you for the comments! :) I always include all the relevant info I can find but sometimes the only way to get the most correct info is via this forum or a direct contact. I change the guide accordingly, as often as I can. apart from penelope (I hope her phone number is correct, she doesn't have it on her site), there are other phone numbers missing? where?

albergue in xagoaza has been reopened!

thank you, dan and michael, too!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Some corrections additions you may like to make.
Page 14: Gadis to a roundabout with hórreo(also the last coffee) Gadis and Lidl (which is next door) sell items which can make a picnic lunch. Just past the roundabout at the Repsol fuel station you can also purchase food and drinks. This may be quicker and it opens earlier than the supermarkets. One of the attendants speaks very good English.
Page 16: The talks of an albergue are a long long way ahead. First the building has to be rebuilt after a partial collapse, oh so many years ago. It may not happen in our life time!
I do not understand what you have written about my house. PM me to explain please, hopefully I can help with corrections.
the wooden bus station (is not). It is a rest and shelter for walkers.
Los Codos de Belesar and the road up the other side of the valley is the route of the old Roman road. Hence the bodega Via Romana on the Chantada side of the Rio Miño.
On the website of Hotel Mogay and sort of hidden away they offer a discount for pilgrims and a pilgrim breakfast.

Hola
I want to start the Camino Invierno on 01 November. Return Trip are posted. I start from Ponferrada.Thanks for the guide.

Rebekah has "retired" from guide writing, and so, with her blessing, I am working on revisions to the online CSJ guide to the Invierno, which can be downloaded here: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

I have culled through the posts here and whatever else I can find online to make changes. I actually have made a lot of changes and additions, and can send the document to you, Michael, if you are still planning to head out soon. Or to anyone else, of course. Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1: Ponferrada to Villavieja As usual, life has a habit of changing plans so we found ourselves on the Invierno a month later than expected. Regardless though, we are happy to finally get...
If I leave Ponferrada early enough to arrive in Villavieja and spend some time at the castle Cornatel, can I leave the next day, spend some meaningful time beholding las Medulas and Orellan, and...
Hi all - a question for all you Invierno experts: We are starting the Invierno (finally!) tomorrow, but there’s a slight issue with our plan. My partner needs to be present for a work Zoom...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back