• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino del norte du 11/09/14 au 19/10/14

terrier

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances 2012
camino português 2013
chemin belge 2014
camino del norte 2014
chemin Reims, Vézelay 2015
après le chemin français terminé en 2012 et le chemin portugais avec Fisterra fait en 2013 suivi par le chemin en Belgique (une semaine en 06/2014 par Bruges et Tournai) nous repartons le 11 septembre 2014 d'Irun par Bilbao, Santander, Gizon et Santiago en 36 étapes et 2 jours pour les repos et problèmes possibles
nous pouvons échanger avant , pendant et après sur le camino del norte
projet pour 2015 : Départ de la maison par Reims, Vézelay .....

Edit by Moderator.
Google Translate.
After the French way completed in 2012 and the Portuguese way with Finisterra in 2013 followed by the road in Belgium (one week 06/2014 by Bruges and Tournai) we leave September 11, 2014 Irun by Bilbao, Santander, and Gizon Santiago in 36 stages and 2 days for rest and possible problems
we can exchange before, during and after the camino del norte
Project 2015: Start of the house by Reims, Vezelay ......

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yeah Google Translate!! Ok...so your possibly going to be on the del Norte around the same time we are...but not sure we'll catch each other :-( We start the del Norte in Aviles on or around September 20th. But..you never know! Buen Camino.

Difficult because we shall belong to Avilés October 5th

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yeah Google Translate!! Ok...so your possibly going to be on the del Norte around the same time we are...but not sure we'll catch each other :-( We start the del Norte in Aviles on or around September 20th. But..you never know! Buen Camino.
HI Ksam

We are returning to the Norte this September. We fly into Santander on wed 17th, hope to get a train or bus to Ribadesella next day and then a local bus to La Isla where we made our unexpected end in April 2012. So, setting off from La Isla on 19th. I think you will be too far ahead for us to meet, but who knows?

Bridget

Hi. We fly into Bilbao on evening of 9 September. We will leave from Irun on 10 September. Hope to meet you along the Way.

I might be in irun on sept 1....but it could also be Sjpp

I stillll dont know :) :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
HI Ksam

We are returning to the Norte this September. We fly into Santander on wed 17th, hope to get a train or bus to Ribadesella next day and then a local bus to La Isla where we made our unexpected end in April 2012. So, setting off from La Isla on 19th. I think you will be too far ahead for us to meet, but who knows?

Bridget
Really good to see you back on the forum. We were thinking about you recently. The 9.10 FEVE from Santander gets to Ribadasella about mid-day, then there is a steep downhill walk into town.
Buen Camino

Really good to see you back on the forum. We were thinking about you recently. The 9.10 FEVE from Santander gets to Ribadasella about mid-day, then there is a steep downhill walk into town.
Buen Camino

Thank you, Tia Valeria, for your welcome back.

I recall Ribadesella well, as we walked down that hill and a couple of days later back up it to take the train back to Llanes, about two and a half years ago. It was Holy Week. We also bought new walking shoes there, which will be returning with us.

I am hoping that there will be interesting autumn flowers and wild life, as our previous two sections of pilgrimage along the Norte have been spring ones.

Hi. We fly into Bilbao on evening of 9 September. We will leave from Irun on 10 September. Hope to meet you along the Way.

We well might!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We arrive by the train of Paris on September 11th and let us accommodate in Albergue Goikoerrota first evening then on September 12th destination Irun

HI Ksam

Bridget
OHH Bridget!! God I hope not!! Can't think of anything better!! Would love to meet up with you guys. We actually land in Barcelona and then spend two nights with family friends there...so it is not out of the realm of possibility!! So here's to hoping!!

We arrive by the train of Paris on September 11th and let us accommodate in Albergue Goikoerrota first evening then on September 12th destination Irun
We are starting off slowly so I am sure you will catch up to us at some stage. See you in a few weeks time. So exciting!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We arrive by the train of Paris on September 11th and let us accommodate in Albergue Goikoerrota first evening then on September 12th destination San Sebastian

Will be in Irun on Sept 1st and start del Norte on the 2nd.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.