• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

movie "Radio Buen Camino" - A R R I V A L

GunnarW

Time of past OR future Camino
2011+ > Spain, Belgium, France
Please find part 1 of the movie “Radio Buen Camino” here.
http://vimeo.com/34380639
http://vimeo.com/38517799 (HD)

Presentation is in Dutch, subtitles are in English.
Part 1: 18 minutes between St-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Zubiri.
Feel free to comment.

***ALL COMMENTS BETWEEN 20/04/2012 and 02/05/2012 are lost ***

Update 25/06/2012
Those are the 13 links

http://vimeo.com/38517799
http://vimeo.com/35533966
http://vimeo.com/36304710
http://vimeo.com/37684121
http://vimeo.com/38863551
http://vimeo.com/39571423
http://vimeo.com/40001105
http://vimeo.com/40639567
http://vimeo.com/41129874
http://vimeo.com/41684856
http://vimeo.com/42111735
http://vimeo.com/42530916
http://vimeo.com/43016890

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 1

Wonderful! Thank you! I want to go right now.

Very nicely done, GunnarW! I enjoyed it and I'm waiting for the next installment!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Well done Gunnar. Gives a real sense of the Camino and a great reminder of my own time there. Looking forward to the next episode.

The first three parts left me wanting more. Please, please upload more of this marvelous journal.
Tio

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 1, 2, 3

Hello Tio,

I got a lot of nice reactions by e-mail, mainly from "The family" I met during the camino. There is still much work to do. Also the translations - so that everyone can understand - are taking a lot of time.
Please stand by, part 4 is almost ready. It will take the peregrino till Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

Gunnar W.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Watched part 1,2 and 3 last night. Really good. Can't wait for the part 4. I am leaving April 24th to walk the Camino for the first time and really enjoyed getting a "preview" so to speak. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks so much for the video. My favorite thing (other than beautiful scenery & music) was watching the variety of terrain in the trails you walked. Have been wondering, specifically, about that. Thanks so much for posting it!

This video series is AWESOME! I am a high school Spanish teacher in the US and working on a unit for my students to learn about the Camino - may I please show these to my classes? I look forward to the rest of your Camino!

€60,-

just remember-it is not easy as it looks, you have got to be well prepared and trained. It is a wonderful trail, the movie manages to show its beauty .

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 4

In part 4 at 3'00", I tried to show that the camino is sometimes not easy (to film).

Thank you so much for creating and sharing this wonderful film. It captures the Camino so well, allowing the viewer to recreate their own experiences as if traveling the Camino once again. Not only does it bring back many fond memories for those who have walked the Way, it also serves as a good representation for those yet to embark on the journey.

Great editing as well! Can't wait to see more. Thanks again!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Awesome! I'm motivated and can hardly wait......84 days!! :-D - M :arrow:

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 4

Thank you all for your nice reactions.
Soon part 5.
In part 5 the peregrino regrets to quit the beautiful region of La Rioja. Alain, a peregrino from France, doesn't regret it at all !

Just watched and enjoyed part 1 and looking forward to catching up on the other episodes. Thanks very much for sharing it.

Shall be there three weeks today, hopefully! :)

Such a great reminder of the route and even though we stopped at different places along the way, I could recognise and remember when I had passed that way. Keep up the good work!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I really enjoyed these videos. My wife and I are planning to walk the Camino in May 2013, and watching these videos gave me a glimpse of everything we have to look forward to. It looks like we have quite the journey in store for us :). I can't wait for part 5!

I can't begin to train until next week after another doctor and a physical therapist sign off that it's okay but these are a wonderful way to stay motivated. Beautiful work, Gunnar. Thank you so much for sharing.

And David243, if all goes well, I'll be a handful of weeks ahead of you and your wife. We'll be on the way at the same time but at opposite ends of the trail.

Peace and Joy be with you, everyone.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thanks again, Gunnar, for your wonderfull videos and for sharing. I can't wait to see your next installment(s). They bring back so many good memories.

Kindest, Annelise

Really enjoyed part five and have been sharing the links with a friend of mine interested in walking the Camino soon. The videos give a great sense of what to expect without giving too much away. Looking forward to part six!

dazzamac said:
Looking forward to part six!

Its here! I am going to keep bumping this thread because it is worth it. In this episode, Labyrinths, the entry to Burgos, Burgos Cathedral, the Meseta, San Bol, Hontanas, San Anton and last but not least Castrojeriz and much more in between- 27.30mins. http://www.vimeo.com/39571423

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Mike V, thanks for keeping this thread at the forefront and please do keep bumping it as a reminder for us to look for the next installment.

Gunnar thank you once more for this terrific journey along the Camino. Again the editing is superb! All of the sensations and emotions of the journey are relived when viewing your wonderful work of art! It is worth seeing again and again!

Gunnar,
Might we expect to see this epic available on DVD? I believe there is a market for it here. Thanks again and keep the episodes coming.
Tio

Gunnar, thank you so much for making this available. You have brought enormous pleasure into the lives of many, many people.

What a thrill it is to relive your Camino as you walk with the peregrino. There's only one problem with it - it is so good, the longing to go again gets more insistent!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

It looks like Mike is checking everyday for an update. I have now an assistent :)
Don't forget to mention Erik from New York at San Bol, what a funny part.

The good news is that the updates will be now more frequently. Before 1 july 2011, part 13 must be online. The video's are in collaboration with http://www.radiovisie.eu . That covers the copyrights on the music I don't own the rights. So I can't distribute DVD's (or even Blu Rays because the master is 1920x1080) as long there is no clearance (almost impossible). Off course I can wait when the last author will die and wait another 70 years :-(
In my country (Belgium), the movie will be shown soon in Gent (4th of May) and Tongeren (TBD).
Thank you all for the compliments, a good source for my motivation.
I'm always curious for new feedback.
Till the next episode.

Thanks once again, Gunnar, for making my own camino come alive again. And as previously said, I am always eagerly waiting for your next installment - and regularly checking!

What I particularly enjoy, is your filming of the landscapes along the way (and maybe less - no offense meant - e.g. your filming of 'musical events' – and maybe also some prolonged interviews along your way). I realize that they need to be there – your camino – your 'moments' where you were fully there.

What I would also wish to say is that I would happily buy whichever media your 'film' will be made into.

But I would also be grateful if you would keep publishing your (filmed) stages on this site. You are a very good (close to the point of perfect) mediator – the best I have yet seen. And believe me, I have scoured the net, but have not yet found the like of your contributions filmwise – only close to.

Kindest, Annelise (Denmark), and thanks

Wow! Just finished watching part 6. Erik should be (and probably is) in show business. Waiting anxiously for the next installment.
Tio

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Fantastic videos, thank you!

Really can't wait to start now in 12 days time!

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 7

Radio Buen Camino - part 7
In this section, there are a lot of poles to count. The peregrino prefers to follow some interesting alternative sections.

Gunnar,

As a Liverpool supporter, "You'll Never Walk Alone" always gives me goosebumps. Set to these images it is even more poignant. I absolutely love these short films - the graphics, the presentation and the storytelling. Keep 'em coming!

When you've finished with the Camino do you fancy walking around the world and recording it? :)

Regards
Mig

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

There is a lot of questions on this forum on whether taking a guide is necessary, IMHO for the first time on the Frances it is. Gunnar uses the Brierley guide and for the little alternative routes as it shows in video 7 it can really get you away into peace and quiet, such as the section before Virgen Del Rio and the routes into Ledigos.

A big thanks again Gunnar.

Big thanks Gunnar your videos make me wanna go now now now! :) Sadly I have to wait 50 days but meanwhile I can look at your wonderful footage.

Regards Therese

The videos and soundtrack just keep getting better :D
Many thanks
Nick

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thank you for posting the videos. I watched all 7 tonight and can't wait to see the rest. :D

Hello
Miguel_gp: Yes, “you’ll never walk alone” gives a lot of power to this part of the camino. It’s also the part where I met Diane, Pablo and baby Luna. They did also StJPdP – Santiago in I think 30 or 32 days.
Mikevasey: Alternative routes: in number 10, you will see a big part of the Dragonte route.
Nick: …and we’re only half way.
Therese81: The advantage is that you will see them all before leaving.
CatherineAnn: the next one in a few days.

Here are some recent comments I received by mail I would like to share.

Cheryl: I always get taken back to the days we walked the Camino and my heart feel lighter.
Luce et Guy: Merci pour le petit air de flûte irlandaise interprété par Joe Byrne, cette riche personne
Janet: That was so much fun. You have a picture of me eating dinner in Villafranca with my two good friends Sam and David from Ireland. All I could do is smile and remember all the good friends I made on the Camino.
Sue: LOVE the choice of music - the Elton John in that early morning sequence, 'Oh Happy Day'....and Santana.......
Franziska: Fantastico!!!! I like your comments moving in and out, performers, scenery, music etc etc.
Noël et Christiane: Super paysages. Bravo pour cette réalisation : nous apprécions beaucoup et attendons la suite …avec impatience.
Tânia : Merci encore. J'ai vu jusqu'a part 3 c'est génial...c'est un très beau travail que tu fais, félicitations ;-)))
Teresa: You were in Villafranca Montes de Oca at the same time as me and this woman on a deck-chair (with the geese) it's me . What a surprise !!!
Freia: I am very touched by your video. Walking through the Meseta was for me a very special experience. I will never forget. The images awaken these deep feelings and emotions. Thank you so much.
Christiane et Noë : Merci encore pour tout ton travail : nous sommes heureux de pouvoir revivre le Camino...grâce à ta caméra
Luce et Guy : C'est avec joie que nous avons regardé ton beau vidéo ce matin. De bons choix musicaux (A horse with no name) tout comme dans le vidéo # 5 on est entièrement d'accord avec Sue. Mais surtout la chaleur humaine à travers l'aridité de la Meseta qui s'en dégage. Nous avons retrouvé avec plaisir 2 Canadiennes à la quatrième minute Liz (de Nova Scotia, Canada) qui arrive à une intersection de Burgos, attendue par Danielle de P.E.I.
Trish & Joe : What a treat, we watched 5 and 6 just now and it brought sunshine into wet and cold Ireland . They are fantastic and and we really enjoyed Eric and had a colourful night with him somewhere along the way!!! Also enjoyed watching ourselves !
Thanks so much for brightening up our day
Teresa: thanks to you and your beautiful films I can go through this road again and again...
Meseta was very hard to pass because of a monotone : only yellow colour, no green, no shade, nothing.
I always look forward for the next party of our wonderful Camino.
Will: Dank je wel ik heb weer genoten. Tijdens het kijken van de film word het verlangen om weer te vertrekken steeds groter!!!!!!

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 8

For all those who are waiting to see the next one.

After Sahagún, the peregrino followed the Via Romana through Calzadilla de los Hermanillos. There is nothing to disturb the wilderness.

(and I just realized that I wrote wilderniss in the subtitles)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Another great reminder of the Camino. And I get to see myself immortalised in film. :) In case anyone's wondering, I'm the pilgrim in the day-glo yellow at around the 4 minute mark. :oops:

Just watched Part 8, found it by chance. Have seen all the others. This will be the last part I see before I leave (tomorrow) to start the Camino.

Thanks for all your work.

jaws101

These videos are just so wonderful! Thank you for making them and posting them here.

I'm very excited to go on my first Camino in a year's time - and now I'm wishing it were happening now!

thom

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

GunnarW said:
It looks like Mike is checking everyday for an update. I have now an assistent :)
Don't forget to mention Erik from New York at San Bol, what a funny part.

The good news is that the updates will be now more frequently. Before 1 july 2011, part 13 must be online. The video's are in collaboration with http://www.radiovisie.eu . That covers the copyrights on the music I don't own the rights. So I can't distribute DVD's (or even Blu Rays because the master is 1920x1080) as long there is no clearance (almost impossible). Off course I can wait when the last author will die and wait another 70 years :-(
In my country (Belgium), the movie will be shown soon in Gent (4th of May) and Tongeren (TBD).
Thank you all for the compliments, a good source for my motivation.
I'm always curious for new feedback.
Till the next episode.

Keep up the good work Gunnar! Real pity I can't be with the showing of your movie in Tongeren. Extra pity since it is only 15. min drive from here.
Hope it will be a big success!

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 1,2,3,...9

INDEED, everything is missing between 20/04/2012 and 02/05/2012

This was the introduction of part 9
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought part 8 would be a little bit boring but many of you had memories. Teresa from Poland had to interrupt her camino 12 km before León. She had to go to a hospital and went back after three days at home. She was impressed with the help she got from three volunteers and recently decided to work as a volunteer at the Monte del Gozo (5km before Santiago). Meanwhile she will enjoy the nice video’s which will be shared the coming weeks, months.
Luce and Guy from Canada were first of all impressed by hearing their short announcement and are very happy to make part of the project. They were also impressed by the morning sun, the landscape, the singing birds,… just after Calzadilla de los Hermanillos. Chryl from Australia liked particularly the ants, they were sooo cool! She liked Leon the way it was captured: the city’s sculpture, the colours and the atmosphere. Mari, also from Australia, thanks me for assisting her to revisit the Camino experiences, it helps keep the magic alive in her everyday life. Diane, the courageous woman who did the camino with Pablo and her little baby Luna, is also happy to discover again the way. The images are fantastic and the music is very nice.

Part 9 is (again) amazing. After I walked till Virgen del Camino with Aki from Japan, I met again Franziska on the alternative track passing Villavante. She was walking with Brad and look what fun we had at Oncina.
After Astorga, I decided to make a small detour to Castrillo de Polvazares, a place where the Maragato culture is still alive. Well alive… it looked like the village was dead. But it was beautiful. I discovered an albergue that was not in the guide and tried the Maragato menu in the only restaurant that was open. What an experience!

Part 9: Just after Virgen del Camino, the peregrino meets Franziska again and enjoys her camino song. In Castrillo de Polvazares, the peregrino discovers the Maragato food.
https://vimeo.com/41129874
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were comments:
MikeVasey had to stop thinking the Frances. He will do the Northe now in one week.
It seems that I made the day of Therese81 after she watched part 9.
Also AnnieSantiago and AbbeyDore wrote down some compliments.

There was more. You can mention it if you remember.

€46,-
Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 1,2,...10 (Camino Dragonte)

Not everyone seems to be happy when the minister of energy visits Ponferrada. After Villafranca del Bierzo, the peregrino chooses to follow the old Camino de los Franceses, also known as the Camino Dragonte.

Gunnar, YES your best film yet, Thank you. could smell those grapes going past! (even those a month ago all the grape bushes were trimmed within an inch of their life & were only just beginning shoots for the new season. Remember the Sculptor too before Villafranca. Wonderful Thankyou. You've enjoyed making them & it shows :D

David

Gunnar-
Thank you so much for your videos you post. I have to admit that I anxiously look forward to your new additions every week, and want to let you know how great of a job you do on them. As I posted before, I am planning my trip for next year with my wife and a couple family members. I utilize your videos to give myself and my family a sense of what to expect visually from the Camino. I just wanted to say keep up the good work and I can't wait for your coming videos.

Did you continue onto Finisterre? Will you post videos of this if you did?

Awesome job,
Dave

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 11

Mike found it (again). :) Thank you David.
Finisterre...shht, you will see in a few weeks.

Part11:
The sun is still shining. Or is it Libertad who is passing the peregrino? Just before Sarria, there is kilometer pole 113. That's an important distance in Belgium.

Here are some reactions on part 10:

Cheryl: Gunnar you are amazing. As they say “No regrets”. You have achieved so much on this Camino. The Way you went, is the Way you were supposed to go.

Luce et Guy: They asked a question: « Nous aimerions savoir si tu connais le prénom de la gentille Australienne qu'on voit dans le vidéo et dont je t'envoie la photo. Nous sommes partis à Orisson le même matin, avons pris le petit déjeuner en face d'elle et nous avons terminés aussi en même temps au même hôtel à St-Jacques de Compostelle. On lui ferait parvenir la photo ci-dessous. Nous nous sommes croisés à maintes reprises au cours du Chemin. »
“We would like to know if you know the first name of the nice Australian (lady) we see in the video, also attached on the picture below. When we quit Orisson the same morning, we took breakfast in front of her and we finished at the same time, in the same hotel in Compostela. We would like to send her the picture. We crossed her several times during the Way.”
It seems that Radio Buen Camino brings people together: the lady is Cheryl.

Janet: “Mom is getting worse quickly. I'm sorry I have not responded to all the parts, but being able to watch these videos has been really important to me. When I am really struggling with the stress of taking care of Mom, watching the Camino makes me smile. Thank you so much for these videos.”
Let’s hope Janet’s mother is gettiung better.

Mary: Thank you again Gunnar, for your time and talent, to bring the Camino back to life for me.

Teresa: I watch them over and over with joy and longing ...
There are the places that I remember 3 years ago. Everything is beautiful, just as it was.
The most amazing is your Dragonte Route, I didn't know of it. Wild and mysterious. Wonderful !!!
Thank goodness you were with us and now we can relive those nice days...

Will: Het was weer genieten. Wat een mooie opnames. Zie de weg zo weer voor me.
“I enjoyed it again. Nice recordings. I see the camino again.”

Sylvie: je viens d'aller faire un tour à Ponteferrada.... Agréable devant la cheminée alors qu'il pleut dehors.
C'est vrai que la marche à pieds, c'est tranquille.....Parfois presque un peu lent mais avec des détails ou autres qui contrastent et c'est bien sympa. La musique chouette avec.
Je remarque ainsi que j'ai raté plein de choses.. Faudrait que j'y retourne si j'ai le temps....J'ai beaucoup d'étapes à revoir... Cela ramène des souvenirs.
Il ya vraiment de beaux paysages... qui sont chouettes à revisiter ainsi. Si différents de la France que j'avais parcouru en 2010.
J'ai aussi marché avec Cheryl !!!

Part 9:
Radio Buen Camino brought also Cheryl and Sylvie together again, thanks to Luce and Guy.
Cheryl: It was so good to see Diane, Pablo (little Luna in her pram), Dave, Franziska, Aki and a wonderful French woman whose name I can’t recall.

Luce and Guy: Encore une fois un beau montage vidéo! Nous avons revu Diane, Pablo et Luna ainsi que Sylvie (pantalons rouge) de Sallanges en France qui vient d'achever un écriture sur son chemin de Compostelle intitulée "Le chemin nous fait les pieds" (http://sylvie.domenjoud.free.fr)

Brad: “Finally! I Show up in part 9. I've sent the link to all my friends, family and twitter followers.”
Brad, now surrounded by cows, can twitter again.

Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 1,2,3...11

Gunnar,
Thank you. You have done a exceptional job on all the videos. My journey will begin next week starting with Ryan Air to Biarritz. Even though, I am at home, sitting on a comfortable couch, watching your video, I felt like grabbing my poles and jumping into my lab top and start walking.
You have put a smile :D on my face.
Thanks & Blessing.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Re: movie "Radio Buen Camino" - part 12

Again, you all liked part 11.
Brad: I remember that you would disappear and reappear at various times along the Camino but I never did see you quite fade into thin air like you do on Radio Buen Camino. I'm glad I didn't or I would not have been able to sleep at night.
Teresa: I wouldn't like to be repetitive but I must say it again. When I get your films it is always a big feast for me. I wait for a suitable moment , so that no one and nothing disturb me and then I watching ... You are right : Radio Buen Camino units us, links and allows us to better remember the amazing people and the way.
Cheryl: Gunnar, my heart is always lighter after I watch your Camino videos. Thank you so much for all of the energy and love that you have put in to this to make this experience such a wonderful thing for me.
Luce et Guy: Ce vidéo est l'une des plus belles étapes que nous avons franchie sur le Camino. Que c'est beau la Galice, ses montagnes habitées d'animaux, ses arbres habillés et enchevêtrés, ses chemins creux parfois bordés de murets, le pittoresque des petits villages! Tu en as fait une réelle représentation avec des images superbes, on croirait être là encore.
Christiane et Noël : Nous apprécions toujours tes films pour les détails du chemin, que nous n’avions pas remarqués…et pour l’écureuil ou l’oiseau à la cime de l’arbre…
Let’s discover part 12
https://vimeo.com/42530916
The peregrino leaves Portomarín in a dense fog. But not for long time. The camino becomes more and more crowded. Santiago de Compostela is approaching!

29/05/2012 08:40
Part 13: A R R I V A L is now in status "uploading - 52%". Will normally be ready in 90 minutes.

First some comments on part 12
Janet : I was so excited when I heard my favorite music, Variations on a Theme from Erik Satie. You put it exactly where I imagined it would go! This segment was especially memorable. I recognized everything, and could re-experience my own feelings of joy because I knew at this point, I actually was going to make it to Santiago after all the physical and emotional set-backs that had caused me at times to doubt my ability to finish. Can't wait for the next part. I really will cry when I re-live my arrival at the Cathedral. You have turned out to be one of the best Camino angels I met! Thanks for all your hard work.

Something like 4 months ago, Janet suggested the song “Variations on a theme from Erik Satie”. There was only one moment I could use it and that was right after Portomarín during the foggy morning. This theme was also appreciated by our Canadian friends Luce & Guy:
Luce et Guy : Nous avons adoré l'introduction de cette partie, dans le brouillard accompagnée d'une musique tout à fait appropriée. Elle nous fait sentir que le chemin arrive à sa fin, une certaine mélancolie... mais en même temps un accomplissement, l'objectif ultime de tous les pèlerins qui affluent et convergent vers une même destination. On le sent très bien! On perçoit les amitiés qui se sont tissées au fil du Camino. Toujours des musiques significatives (Walking back to hapiness... Walking man...).
Tu nous rappelles les forêts d'eucalyptus et les odeurs ressenties, les us et coutumes des espagnols qui aiment se retrouver et festoyer, la fraîcheur et l'intimité des chemins bordés d'arbres.
Gunnar nous avons une question: Sais-tu quel était le plat d'un liquide flambé avec des genres de myrtilles qui était au centre des convives à Melide (tout de suite après la poulpe)?
Le prochain video sera le dernier... on s'ennuiera de tes clips! Mais on revisionnera maintes et maintes fois ces précieux partages que tu nous a faits depuis ton retour. Quelle chance on a eu!

In their second paragraph, they asked me what in fact was the name of the prepared, flamable liquid with the kind of blackberries. Libertad, who was also in the pulperia, wrote down this in my guide:
Queimada
Orujo + grain de café (coffee beans) + citron (lemon) + sucre (sugar).
Ensuite ça se brûle. (You have to burn it)

Christaine et Noël: Encore un moment merveilleux ...où nous avons retrouvé l’ambiance du Camino ; merci de nous faire revivre la joie des derniers kilomètres avant Santiago ; merci pour tout ce travail, pour ton regard de poète des images…Nous attendons avec impatience d’arriver avec toi à Santiago.

Cheryl: Gunnar, I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for the arrival into Santiago!!
So many times throughout your videos I get such vivid memories that rise to the surface and make me smile. I had prayed for a day of fog to take the ultimate peregrino photo and I got my prayers answered that same day out of Portomarin!

Will: Heel veel dank voor weer een prachtige deel. Ik geniet er iedere keer weer van. Jammer maar helaas een van de laatste dagen op de camino. Wat heeft het je een werk en tijd gekost!! (Big thanks for this beautiful part. Like all other part, I really enjoyed it. A pitty that it’s one of the last days on the camino. You spend a lot of time on the preparation)

Also Sylvie from France enjoyed watching the movies.

ça y est j'ai sauté encore pas mal d'étapes.. mais suis arrivé à monte del grosso ! suspens en attendant de revoir Compostelle...

And now, finally, let’s go back to the Monte del Gozo where only 5 km is left to reach Santiago.
Switch on some good speakers or use a good stereo headset!
https://vimeo.com/43016890
The peregrino finally arrives in Santiago de Compostela after 31 days. What did he do in Santiago? Did he see the botafumeiro? And how will his journey end?

Please feel free to leave your comments. Thank you.

GunnarW said:
The peregrino finally arrives in Santiago de Compostela after 31 days. What did he do in Santiago? Did he see the botafumeiro? And how will his journey end?
And about bloody time too Gunnar :lol:
Seriously, this has been a great set of films, I have loved watching them and have eagerly anticipated the last instalment.

Now to sit and down and watch it......

Thanks again for the work you have put into these over the last few months.
Best Regards
Mig

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Today I´m gonna watch part 9 (I was the one who asked about parts 2-4 in the other thread). Thank you so much for these! I´ve enjoyed especially the mornings and sunrises... and it has been interesting to "be" in the camino in autumn, as my own camino took place in April-May.

Gunnar, I suppose I did this in reverse order. :( I should have asked your permission first. Sorry...but I posted a link on the Boston Pilgrims on the Camino (Facebook) to share with a group of veteran walkers and newbies like myself. Your videos are so inspirational and the music definitely gives me happy feet. I can't wait to start my very own Camino! Again...Thank you :!:

I am a bit slow here Gunnar. By 'chance' bumped into part 12 this morning not realizing that you would be posting part 13 your final episode today. Seeing those black and white shots at the beginning sent chills down my spine and tears down my cheeks as well as the entry into Santiago...I could feel myself once again going through that archway where the bag pipes are playing. Just super!

It was great watching the last 2 episodes (I won't spoil the ending for others) and will now back track and start from the beginning!

Geweldig werk, erg veel bedankt!

Groet,
LT

Already a big thank you for the first comments.
Miquel: pleasure to be a bad man for 25 minutes.
Heloise: My yellow camino was just great. I think a green one like yours should be also very interesting.
Myschf: The reverse way is just fine. Buen Camino!
LTfit: You will see some other great moments during the 4 hours and 33 minutes you will spend on the whole movie. Geniet er van.
Gunnar W.

Now then, I´ve seen also the last one, and cried and cried, from the very beginning with those black-and-whites and people saying "radio buen camino - pilgrim´s voice". And coming to Santiago, and the botafumeiro, tears, tears, tears and memories from six years ago. Must have been quite a job for you to do it all. I don´t know how to thank you Gunnar. I say it in finnish: kiitos paljon.

€60,-
Now I have also seen the last part and tears were running as I expected. It feels like such a great sendoff before I leave this Sunday to have been able to see all of your work, a real blessing. It must have been quite a task to get it done and I can't thank you enough for sharing it with us. My favourite is the part where you choose the Dragonte route and the music in that section, letting the surroundings speak for themselves. I hope I will be brave enough to choose this route once i get there. I copy Heloise and say it in swedish: Tack så mycket.

Thank you so much Gunnar!

I returned from my Camino last Friday, and yesterday I re-lived it all through your videos!

The soundtracks are perfect and so inspirational, and the videos really capture the beautiful positive spirit of everyone along the way!

It just made me want to pack my rucksack and start all over again!

Many thanks
Very best wishes
Nick

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Gunnar,
Just finished "Radio Buen Camino" . I had tears in my eyes as you approached Santiago. I have yet to walk my camino (sept 2012) and I am trying not to have expectations ; But your film gives me hope of a Buen Camino. Thank you
Debiie in NH

I am so glad I'm not the only one bawling my eyes out!!

Excellant work, Gunnar! Thank you for your generosity. It is a refreshing balm to my spirit and I cannot wait until I walk my own Camino. Until then, your videos will keep me moving forward...

Can't find the correct words Gunnar to express ... Great,Wonderful,Fantastic,WOW,Incredible,Awesome,? ... It was jaw dropping Holy Freaking Tremendious. I mean every word from my heart . It is that good

Joe

Gunnar,

Many thanks !

I have just got a link to this thread and watched the first two videos late last night - the detail has reminded me of much I had forgotten - the early days of the Camino were a bit of a blur until I relaxed so these early videos have brought a smile back on my face and I look forward to viewing the others - (also as you went at a different time of year to me it is also, somewhat like, a completely new Camino at the same time )

Thank you Gunnar, I watched these many months ago and many times, I sent the links to my brother in Australia who walked with me. It was great to see the Napoleon route as we had to give it a miss in April 2012. Great work.
Go raibh míle maith agat.

I hope this thread is still open! I've gotten stuck on Part 9 (second time seeing all these wonderful videos) and am wondering about the music at the beginning - Every hour, Every day....?? Please help me find this! Not sure that's the name since iTunes gave me a bunch of other music...
Gunnar, these are just SO great!! I really like the crow bobbing it's head to the music half way through Part 8! Wonderful editing!!

I hope this thread is still open! I've gotten stuck on Part 9 (second time seeing all these wonderful videos) and am wondering about the music at the beginning - Every hour, Every day....?? Please help me find this! Not sure that's the name since iTunes gave me a bunch of other music...
Gunnar, these are just SO great!! I really like the crow bobbing it's head to the music half way through Part 8! Wonderful editing!!

Gunnar, what a fantastic cinematic journey. Thanks for your considerable talent, commitment and patience to bring this wonderful gift of the Camino experience to all of us who continue to hunger for it. Very well done. Many thanks.

John

Hola

There are several programs for computers or phones which 'listen' to a piece of music and comes back with the name of it.
One of them is soundhound, but I am sure there are others.
Pure magic... ;)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just finished watching the entire series over the last two days. Wow! How wonderful. I just loved watching and I know that I will return and watch the series again and again. If you haven't watched them, you really should. Thank you, Gunnar. You did a fabulous job.

Last edited:
Please find part 1 of the movie “Radio Buen Camino” here.
(HD)

Presentation is in Dutch, subtitles are in English.
Part 1: 18 minutes between St-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Zubiri.
Feel free to comment.

***ALL COMMENTS BETWEEN 20/04/2012 and 02/05/2012 are lost ***

Update 25/06/2012
Those are the 13 links

http://vimeo.com/37684121
http://vimeo.com/38863551
http://vimeo.com/39571423
http://vimeo.com/41129874
http://vimeo.com/42111735
http://vimeo.com/42530916
http://vimeo.com/43016890

What a beautiful depiction of the Camino de Santiago! Gracias!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Gunnar- many thanks to you for sharing those images - just finished viewing the Mesata section. yum!! very well done. (and the ironing shirts and sheets goes much faster too while watching your films :)
it is just a matter of time before i shall shoulder the rucksack again and get going.
again - appreciate your generosity of sharing those video clips - and sounds !
(here's another UB40 clip - 1983 in UK :
)
very best wishes and kind regards -

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back