• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Hola! I'm on the way!

Heisenberg420

Hey everyone!
I'm on the train from Barcelona to Pamplona while I post this thread.
And after looking around the forum I still didn't get it.
How do I get from Pamplona to SJPDP?
I know there's a bus to Roncesvalles and then I can take a taxi.
If anyone can recommend how to do it the quickest way? (no budget limits).
Thanks in advance, :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just take a taxi from the Pamplona train station.
And how much should I pay?
I'm sure that I could find the answers here, but I have no time and not enough battery on my phone to do so, so thanks a lot for your quick replay.
Btw, is it doable to cross the pyrenees in the next couple of days? Snowise..how can I get the best and accurate answer?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The weather is so nice that there will be a lot of thawing, water, and mud. The taxi ride will be 100E+ probably. It is about 1 hr. 20 minutes, and the driver may charge for both ways.

upload_2014-3-6_6-32-29.png

God bless you falcon,
The weather is so nice that there will be a lot of thawing, water, and mud. The taxi ride will be 100E+ probably.
Anyway, I'm a solo traveler, 24y/o and almost no Spanish available for me, so you might be seeing me asking more questions soon.

When you get off the train (or even while you are on the train), ask everyone with a camping backpack if they are going to St. Jean Pied de Port, and arrange to share a taxi if you are successful. Using English will be fine. It will help you become accustomed to not being understood...

Remember that louder is not clearer. No one is deaf; they just do not understand your words, and it is you who needs to adjust. Do not take rejection personally. You are looking to share a taxi; they probably are not. Neither being shy nor aggressive will work, so just seek out answers in a friendly way. I once shared a ride from the Pamplona airport and kept running into the other person for weeks.

Buen camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you get to the Pamplona bus station typically there are always more than one pilgrim looking to share a ride, either to SJPDP or Roncesvalles. This is why I always advise people to get to Pamplona by bus because it logistically places them on a cheaper, easier path to SJPDP.

At a minimum if you get to Roncesvalles complex, there are about 2 hotels and the Albergue there , so there should be no problem catching a taxi to SJPDP. BUEN CAMINO!!

And how much should I pay?
I'm sure that I could find the answers here, but I have no time and not enough battery on my phone to do so, so thanks a lot for your quick replay.
Btw, is it doable to cross the pyrenees in the next couple of days? Snowise..how can I get the best and accurate answer?
I've found that a good rule of thumb is about 1 to 1.5 euros/km. At that rate 100 euros would be plenty.

Hey everyone!
I'm on the train from Barcelona to Pamplona while I post this thread.
And after looking around the forum I still didn't get it.
How do I get from Pamplona to SJPDP?
I know there's a bus to Roncesvalles and then I can take a taxi.
If anyone can recommend how to do it the quickest way? (no budget limits).
Thanks in advance, :)
Contact Corazon Puro, they are a private albergue not far from Pamplona that actually provides a night in their albergue, dinner and a ride the next day to SJPDP for 46 EUR.
That's how I am getting to SJPDP.

Kris

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I am not a fan of the Hospital de Peregrinos de Estella in Estella, and think the municipal in Ayegui is nicer. Other albergues in Estella are good, though.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey Again!
I arrived Santiago today and i will walk to Finisterre.
my ticket back home is only at May 2nd, and since i have plenty of time i wanted to do another trail (between 400-500km).
i would like to do that in Ireland.
does anyone here done anything like that in Ireland and can give me details about it?
if you have a diffrent trail that you think of it´ll be great!
thanks in advance!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.