• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Short Stages from Lisbon to Porto

Short Stages from Lisbon to Porto 2014-04-15

No permission to download

peregrina2000

Staff member
peregrina2000 submitted a new resource:

Short Stages from Lisbon to Porto - How to reduce the 30+ km days to suit your tastes and abilities

Many people have told me that they wanted to start the Caminho Portugues in Lisbon but did not want to walk stages of 30+ days. With the help of many forum members, I have put together a short document that describes ways to break up those stages to suit your ability and interests.

One thing I can assure you is that there is a wonderful group of albergue owners located north of Lisbon and south of Porto (all mentioned in this document) whom you can rely on for help in just about any...

Read more about this resource...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
peregrina2000, I am wanting to walk shorter stages from Porto to Santiago, do you have any information regarding places to stay and baggage carrying services.I want to walk about 10 k per day, if thats possible.
would love to hear if you have another guide from P to S.
Kind regards.

Would like to download this but having difficulty, any advise is welcome,thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am not able to download. When I try is all encrypted
I am unable to download this is there another way to get this?

If you send me a PM with your email addresses (please do not post your email address publicly on the forum, use the "Private Conversation" button), I will send you an attachment in pdf. YOu should know that this document could use updating since it is several years old, so if you use it it would be great to get feedback. Thanks, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is a little “download” tab up on the right side of the screen. You should know this is a little out of date and doesn’t include the albergue in Alpriate, which has been a wonderful addition to the Caminho infrastructure, 20 km from the Lisbon cathedral.

There have been a lot of forum members who have walked from Lisbon since this was done, so if you have questions you will be sure to get good help if you post on the forum.

Good luck and bom caminho! Laurie

So good to see someone encouraging pilgrims to start from Lisbon. I did it 2 years ago and found it tough at times. Now with time to reflect I have great memories, particularly of alberques run by lovely people. I will certainly do it again but plan to take the advice to spread the load.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
is this resource currently available?
Yes, if you click on the blue text in my original message, it will take you to the resource. If you don’t find it, let me know.

It is 7 years old, which is a lifetime on the Caminho Portugues from Lisbon. There have been many new places opened, so you should definitely check for updates. I can say, though, that Mario at Santarem Hostel is still very active in the camino organization of business owners between Lisbon and Porto, so you should feel free to contact him, too! Let me know if you have trouble finding the resource.

Yes, if you click on the blue text in my original message, it will take you to the resource. If you don’t find it, let me know.

It is 7 years old, which is a lifetime on the Caminho Portugues from Lisbon. There have been many new places opened, so you should definitely check for updates. I can say, though, that Mario at Santarem Hostel is still very active in the camino organization of business owners between Lisbon and Porto, so you should feel free to contact him, too! Let me know if you have trouble finding the resource.
A terrific resource, no doubt. And exactly what we were looking for. Unfortunately it appears to have fallen off

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back