• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino catalan in April

Jan Nieuwland

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino portugues (2013)
Cami de St. Jaume (2014)
Camino aragones (2015)
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino del Norte (2017)
Hi there,

I will start on the camino catalan from Montserreat in two weeks.
Anyone else on this camino?

I am still not sure wich route to follow; there is some information on the Cami St. Jaume, leading to logrono,
but I rather follow the route more north via Jaca and then to logrono. Has anyone experience on this route?

Thanks in advance for all information,

Jan

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there,

I am still not sure wich route to follow; there is some information on the Cami St. Jaume, leading to logrono,
but I rather follow the route more north via Jaca and then to logrono. Has anyone experience on this route?

Jan
Jan,
A friend and I will be arriving Montserrat on April 17, then starting out the next day towards logrono. We will be on the trail for 4-5 days- not sure if we will overlap with you? I can't find much info on this trail in English, but it sounds like the trail is well marked. Good luck and Buen Camino!

Dear Walking stick,
Thanks for your message.
I will start on monday morning, April 21 at the monestry.
So you will be three days ahead of me.
Enjoy and Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Jan,
This is one of the routes on my "short list." I hope you will keep us posted with how it goes. I too would opt for the more northerly route, but I don't think it goes as far as Jaca. I think it goes to the monastery at San Juan de la Pena and then intersects with the Camino Aragones beyond, but at that point it's beyond Jaca.

Buen camino, Lauie

Hi Jan,
We walked this route in May 2012. We started from Montserrat along the Camino Catalan to just before Jaca, then onward following the Camino Aragones to where it joins the Camino Frances near Puente La Reina. Both were tremendous. There are some good online resources for accommodations etc, including from Gronze.com. We found most of the way well-enough marked and easy to follow, except for within towns where the markings sometimes disappeared. The monastery at San Juan de la Pena is not to be missed.
We have a more-or-less daily blog of the route at http://camino-our-way.blogspot.com/. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.
Buen camino.
Dan

Hi there,

Jan
Hi Jan
Go for it, it is brilliant and very well signed from Montserrat. Carry plenty of water as there are very few places to get water some days, also not many villages with bars (not many villages!) once you get onto the Aragones. The split of routes is well signed in Tarrega. This has been my favourite camino, the monastery of San Juan de la Pena is worth the climb. I know you've been reading my blog so remember that you may have to wade a bit.
Though if you have the time it is worth walking from El Port de la Selva, San Pere de Rodes is fantastic.
I think it is the first time I have returned from a camino grinning from ear to ear and raving about it.
Sue

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you, Sue / Dan,

Your blogs will really help me, and give me enough confidence for to start.
And thank you for all the nice pictures you shared.
I hope there will be some adventure left for me, after reading your blogs.
Cannot wait to start this camino next week.

Jan Nieuwland

Thank you, Sue / Dan,

Your blogs will really help me, and give me enough confidence for to start.
And thank you for all the nice pictures you shared.
I hope there will be some adventure left for me, after reading your blogs.
Cannot wait to start this camino next week.

Jan Nieuwland
All the very best. I hope the weather is kind to you, i.e. no rain and not too hot. Incidentally once you get to San Juan de la Pena you can chose between descending to Jaca or to Sta Cilia, the path to Jaca goes via Atares and comes out on the main road next to the Hotel Aragon, which was not taking guests 2 weeks ago as the rooms were being renovated, but the bar and restaurant are open. If you hit this bit at the weekend this route is probably your best option as you can at least be sure of getting food and drink in Jaca.
Buen camino,
Sue

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back