• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is coconut water available along the Camino Frances Trail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Possibly in some of the bigger towns that have super mercados.......

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Maybe at Asian Supermercados in the bigger cities or ask at a regular supermercados for agua de coco.

We call it Agua de Pipa here in Costa Rica. Anne

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I vote for the vino fountain, but at under a euro a glass it's nearly free , try the market in Santiago , just off square in Santiago, got coconut there yesterday am, great market

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The OP is from Colorado Springs. They may have knowledge of coconut water that has not been revealed to all. But I guess the answer to their question is "no", "how much?".

As we all know, or hope at least, the Camino will provide. Though on a route through mostly cold maritime bio zones they may find coconut trees scarce.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm having fun thinking about all the things I can't get on the Camino.

Sushi. Mangoes. Pad thai.

How about Brunost brown cheese? It's very high in iron and calcium. Norwegians think it is an essential food.

Vegemite is woefully scarce along the Camino Frances. It's high in B vitamins and potassium and contains no fat, added sugar or animal content.

If Spain can't get its act together we may need to change the location of the Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No, I'm not getting into marketing!

Only the Aussies would find a use for leftover brewer's yeast and create something just as healthy for you as those lovely little meat pies sold late at night after the pubs begin to close. So when in Spain remember "Can't get no satisfaction.." according to the Book of St. Mick.

If people are wanting it to be just like home, then the Camino is not for them.

Home is fine, but the bars just don't serve any decent plates of octopus!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Is coconut water available along the Camino Frances Trail ?
Hi wrjohnsonjr
Is there a particular reason you're asking about coconut water? Are you trying to find out because you 'need' it daily and this would impact on your being able to walk the Way?
Feel free to ask more questions on the forum. The comments are all well meant, it's just that the written word sometimes comes across with a negative tone .

When have you been planning your Camino?
Annie

I´m not mocking you, really. That just struck me as a question from another planet, is all. I like coconut water, but it is def. a product from a universe far, far away.

You can get coconuts here and harvest your own coconut water if you want. And you can get mangoes, too -- and occasionally even forgettable sushi (which blows me away, seeing as the rice and the vinegar and the fresh fish in Spain are all top-class).

Just gotta know where to look.

The only funny thing for me abour this question is that im in the Camino at the moment and had 'coconut water' to drink this morning. I am Filipino and have always known not only the refreshing qualities of this drink but it also somehow does better for me than Gatorade and other so called 'energy drinks' out there. I was surprised also to find it this morning in a shop along the route inside Pamplona. The guy tending the place is Mexican and was all smiles in agreement with me when i picked it among the many choices in his fridge. We have now reached Puente de la Reina (lovely town!) And will try to get it for tomorrow's leg.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I note that Vegemite does not rate. Tsk, tsk.

Recent replies have been deleted due personal attack on comments of a previous poster.

Please take care to keep posts on a non personal level.

Whoa! A question was asked by wrjohnsonjr. lagalag is on the Camino right now and has answered that he found some in Pamplona. The question has been answered. Let's remember that we're all pilgrims on the same path and comment with kindness and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

Hi wrjohnsonjr
Is there a particular reason you're asking about coconut water? Are you trying to find out because you 'need' it daily and this would impact on your being able to walk the Way?
Feel free to ask more questions on the forum. The comments are all well meant, it's just that the written word sometimes comes across with a negative tone .

When have you been planning your Camino?
Annie

Annie,

I am walking the Camino Frances beginning 1 September from St Jean. I don't use or need coconut water, although I understand that there are some nutrient benefits in it. A hiking friend who will be walking beginning 6 September and who is very "hydration conscious," was curious, so I asked the question expecting some feedback from experienced pilgrims. Wow, some feedback.

And I beg forgiveness if I've offended anyone. It is Good Friday so Someone is doing the heavy lifting for my sins. Thank God.
(With apologies to the Moderators for letting my beliefs peep out, but it is the one day of the year ...)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yikes all over a simple question. I once asked about Monster Energy drink. I didn't get any responses. I guess I was lucky. Icy it okay to be curious?

Plan A:
1. Buy Coconuts from supermercado.
2. Address with sticky label to "Public Fountain" in whatever towns are ahead.
3. Contact Jacotrans to leave one coconut in each fountain (attach envelope with money) .
4. On arrival, drink from fountain.

Sometimes, on the Camino, you have to think outside the square.

Regds
Gerard

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Annie,

I am walking the Camino Frances beginning 1 September from St Jean. I don't use or need coconut water, although I understand that there are some nutrient benefits in it. A hiking friend who will be walking beginning 6 September and who is very "hydration conscious," was curious, so I asked the question expecting some feedback from experienced pilgrims. Wow, some feedback.
Hi wrjohnsonjr
I'm glad the answer came through from someone live on camino (lagalag) for you and hopefully restores your faith in the forum.
Magic of modern technology now isn't it? You can usually get a reply from someone 'on the ground' immediately.
I've seen some fantastic replies helping others find last minute accommodation etc.

How is that for timing too, I see u start on 1 sept, not sure which route I will be on but should be starting within a day of you from somewhere. May see you !

If you haven't already , read through some threads via 'search' to get some ideas on what to take or not and hope to see you join in the conversation.

Buen camino
Annie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We have deleted a large number of posts in this thread.
I will now lock the thread, so we can move on to other topics.
Thank you,
Susanna/Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back