• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Itinerary Le Puy-Santiago

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I planned out my itinerary using Miam Miam Dodo, trying to base my days on distance but also considering what lodging is available in each place. I arrive in Paris May 29 and will immediately take a train to Le Puy, where I'll have a day to get acclimated and then start walking on the 31st. My return flight leaves Madrid on August 11, so I don't have too much wiggle room. I do have several days that will be longer, though. If you have any feedback on rest days or possibly another place to stop that'll spread the distances out better, let me know. The itinerary is in the Google doc below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...v6YIUbzsd65lfodrQeLNR7E/edit?usp=docslist_api

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I did use that site to begin with, but it doesn't have any options for the Vallée du Célé, and some of the "stops" it lists don't have a place to stay and/or eat. That's why I decided to go with Miam Miam Dodo.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If it is really busy a fixed itinerary might be needed, but the best stops we have made have been places we found along the way we liked. Sometimes we'd find a bar for lunch, have a few beers and ask around for a nice B&B, and decide to take the afternoon off. Other days when the weather and health were particularly good we'd go until late in the day. I think you might miss out on some great experiences if you are too set on an itinerary.

You will be a day or so ahead of me and my 4 friends who will be leaving Le Puy on 1st. I have pre booked most places because we are five but if I were to do this on my own I would walk each day as it came and let the journey take me where it wanted. In any case - I cant wait! Enjoy your walk.
caminotim.wordpress.com

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
.....my 4 friends who will be leaving Le Puy on 1st. I have pre booked most places because we are five
caminotim.wordpress.com

Tim, we had four friends walk with us for two weeks on the Le Puy route and indeed, we had a blast! But you're right, it's the only time I've had to book ahead more than a day. This is a photo of us being served Armagnac - generously!. ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1397905088.113146.jpg

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Don't miss the Armagnac museum in Condom!

I know you feel worried about timing it to reach Santiago- but I don't think you should feel bound to stick with a pre-planned itinerary, except as a rough guide. You might find your body wants to slow down or speed up at different points, or the weather might affect your plans. And you might meet others you want to 'hang with' at certain times as well.
Enjoy the chemin! Buen Camino.
Margaret

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back