• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An Italian Odyssey

An Italian Odyssey [Paid] 2013-08-15

No permission to buy ($3.99)

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
jirit submitted a new resource:

An Italian Odyssey - One Couple’s Culinary & Cultural Pilgrimage through Italy

An Italian Odyssey is a story about a midlife couple who embarks on a great adventure — walking 1,000 km on the Via Francigena, an ancient, elusive medieval pilgrim trail through the heart of Italy.

Historically, the Via Francigena was a broad network of trails originating in ancient Francia, an ever-changing backbone of Roman and medieval roads leading to Rome. Today, unlike the Camino de Santiago in Spain, only a few hundred people have walked the entire Via Francigena through Italy during...

Read more about this resource...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
With the release of Apple's new operating system Maverick is now possible to download and read interactive eBooks.

Therefore I am pleased to announce that my book, An Italian Odyssey, is now available for Apple Mac platform.

Once you upgrade to Maverick, you can simply access the ibook store through ibooks download An Italian Odyssey directly to your Mac. If you have previously purchased An Italian Odyssey, it is possible to sync your iPad to your Apple Mac.

All the same interactive functionality that is available on the iPad is also available on the ibook for Mac version.

Last edited:
To celebrate the "birth" of my new book...

I am offering a special price on the Amazon kindle and Apple interactive ibook editions of An Italian Odyssey.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Please note: I am offering an Easter weekend special - "free" until Monday April 21!

You will need either a iPad or Mac with ibooks to correctly view this interactive ebook.

As far as the interactive versions, sadly no. The technology used to make the interactive versions is Apple's software and it only works on the iPad and Mac iOS.

Maybe one day, Google which owns android, will update both the devices and produce their own software tools to allow authors to create interactive eBooks for the android.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back