• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Live from Canimo Frances.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
POURING rain in Burgos tonight. Got soaked watching the procession.

After you leave Burgos there is a section where the soil when it turns muddy has the consistency of liquid concrete mixed with glue. It weighs a ton and sticks in huge clods to shoes. Forget about the weight in the backpack, every step is a foot exercise in weight lifting. It really taught me about being in the moment - "one more step, one more step, one more step"!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Left St JEan April 4, taken our time because we have time, this country is beautiful. We are leaving Burgos today after stay an extra. We got came three times to a cafe across from Municipal called Babia. Ham and Eggs and 2 coffee each for both of us and it was 9 euros. This place reminds me of the lil cafe I had for three years. miss it lots. To everyone Buen Camino.....met wonderful pilgrams and planning on meeting many more.ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1398069975.409723.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1398069992.072088.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1398070005.865627.jpg

I am starting from Sjpp 18th Of May. With your experiences so far, har is your most important and best advice for my camino? I am walking single.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Stefania,
Where do you travel from? I come from Norway. I stay in Chambres D´Hotes Maison E. Bernat.
I am very excited and of course a little nervous.
Hope to see you along the way.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Stefania,
Where do you travel from? I come from Norway. I stay in Chambres D´Hotes Maison E. Bernat.
I am very excited and of course a little nervous.
Hope to see you along the way.
fryktlosehavorn,
I am from the USA - Michigan - and will travel to Spain arriving in Pamplona May 16. Stay overnight and head to SJPP on the 17th to stay at Le Chemin Vers Etoile. Heading on to Orisson on the 18th. Hope to meet you also.
Take care and have a safe trip to SJPP!
Buen Camino
Stefania

:)
Left St JEan April 4, taken our time because we have time, this country is beautiful. We are leaving Burgos today after stay an extra. We got came three times to a cafe across from Municipal called Babia. Ham and Eggs and 2 coffee each for both of us and it was 9 euros. This place reminds me of the lil cafe I had for three years. miss it lots. To everyone Buen Camino.....met wonderful pilgrams and planning on meeting many more.View attachment 9313View attachment 9314View attachment 9315
Thanks for the great tip, looks great! I am leaving St Jean on the 29th of May and also planning on staying an extra day in Burgos, so the tip helps. Buen Camino:)

Setting out alone from SJPdP on June 22. Hope to meet some (or many) of you along the way. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
At last you are REALLY on your way!!

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

MM

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The advice about bigger shoes on here - wish I had listened! Lost 3 toenails going down to Zubiri! Managed to get new shoes at the Camino shop in Pamplona, going fine now. Hard lesson

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am starting from Sjpp 18th Of May. With your experiences so far, har is your most important and best advice for my camino? I am walking single.
Even if you are super fit ..take it slowly for the first hour or so each morning when you start off .
Have you showers/Wash at night so that feet are nice and dry in the mornings ( blister prevention)
If you have forgotten to pack anything you can also purchase along the way

You should triple tie your laces before tying the laces in looped bows to hold your feet back so your toes do not push into your toe box

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Normally the first part of your knit you twist the laces once - do it twice / normally boots allow you to slip a loop on sides at top so you can tie your laces higher on the boot - then rather than tying the laces in loops make two loops and tie these and tie again - this then creates a small net that your ankle holds against and then your foot is held back - if you Adl a hiking shop they will show you - makes my foot feel better and knots stay tied easier

You should triple tie your laces before tying the laces in looped bows to hold your feet back so your toes do not push into your toe box

-And if your trainers/trailrunners have an extra "eye" towards the top run your laces through these before starting on long sections with downhill walking as this will also help preventing your foot sliding forward. This might seem obvious to others, but took me a few years to figure out that those extra holes served a purpose, and I wish I'd figured it out sooner.

Attachments

• For downhill.png
    For downhill.png
    129 KB · Views: 15
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
-And if your trainers/trailrunners have an extra "eye" towards the top run your laces through these before starting on long sections with downhill walking as this will also help preventing your foot sliding forward. This might seem obvious to others, but took me a few years to figure out that those extra holes served a purpose, and I wish I'd figured it out sooner.
Yeah that's what I meant

The advice about bigger shoes on here - wish I had listened! Lost 3 toenails going down to Zubiri! Managed to get new shoes at the Camino shop in Pamplona, going fine now. Hard lesson
I followed this advice and have been delighted on my training hikes. Thanks everyone!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back