• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
I notice that in various places people are stating their start dates but so few are putting them on the Calendar. I wonder why.

April 2022 Moderator note: The calendar is no longer in use. We now have threads for each month where pilgrims can list their starting date and place. You can find them by clicking here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I notice that in various places people are stating their start dates but so few are putting them on the Calendar. I wonder why.

Mine is already on it the day after you start from SJPdP - but last year even with the old calendar I didn't know it existed when I did a different section of the Camino Frances. Its not the most obvious feature! And not helped at the moment by the link at the bottom of the forum page that still leads to the old calendar

True about the link. But I started this thread as a reminder to those who have forgotten it and to bring it to the attention of those who are unaware of it's existence. I'm sure that newcomers with concerns about walking alone may get some confidence from seeing that they may encounter others from the forum.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
True about the link. But I started this thread as a reminder to those who have forgotten it and to bring it to the attention of those who are unaware of it's existence. I'm sure that newcomers with concerns about walking alone may get some confidence from seeing that they may encounter others from the forum.

Its certainly worth bring more attention to it!

Thank you, Thank you so much for doing this. I had no idea there was a Calendar. I have been reading these posts every day hopping to know who else from this forum will be on The Camino Frances first week of May. Since this is my first and I am going alone, it would help to know.

Hope to meet you along the way rovingrufus.
When you starting Odem? Whenever it is there will be plenty of people around and before you know it you will have a whole host of new amigos!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Al,
Please explain how to add events to the new calendar. I did it in the past but can't remember how now so only partial information on my camino is on the calendar. I will be about a week behind you so I don't expect we will meet but I enjoy your posts.
Thanks
Stefania

At the bottom of all pages is a link to the calendar. Click on this. The old calendar page appears and at the bottom is another link to the new calendar. The new calendar appears after clicking this link. At the top of the page is a button to click to add a new post. Get back to me if you have any problems.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Looking at the camino calendar only four people from this forum are walking in August, so it might be just a little to quiet even for me.

April and May are the busy months!

I only have a phone and can't pick up a calendar link. I arrive in Madrid on May 1st. I am from upstate NY.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Looking at the camino calendar only four people from this forum are walking in August, so it might be just a little to quiet even for me.
There will be plenty of pilgs in August, don't worry. You'll wish there would be less crowds :D

Ultreia!

I notice that in various places people are stating their start dates but so few are putting themon the Calendar. I wonder why.
Al, I am reasonably computer/internet savvy, but attempting to enter my start date (April 30 from Sahagun to Santiago de Compostela) has been an excercize in futility.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Al, I am reasonably computer/internet savvy, but attempting to enter my start date (April 30 from Sahagun to Santiago de Compostela) has been an excercize in futility.
I also have tried numerous times from my iPad but keep getting " enter valid message"

Hi Al, thank you for starting this thread. You are right, it would make me feel more confident knowing more people are starting at the same time as me. I have read that the camino from Lisbon to Porto can be a lonely walk, but as Diogo writes in a different thread "you never walk alone"
I have added my leave from Lisbon in June in the calender thanks to your reminder. Hope to see other pilgrims leaving at the same time.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I tried to enter the start on My Camino May 3rd from SJPP but the instructions are too confusing. I gave up.

Hi, Odem,

I've found instructions written by falcon some time ago quite easy. Maybe you didn't come across those:

"How to use the new calendar:

1. Click on "Events" in the first tool bar at the top of the page.
2. Click on "Post New Event". Name your entry. I suggest something like "Falcon269 leaving SJPdP." Or just "Falcon269" or "Colorado Meeting", since you can input additional information further down the entry form.
3. Describe as you wish. It would be a good place to put ride pool requests, blog name, and your country of origin. An entry in "Venue" seems to be required, so perhaps your camino name, or just repeat the starting point. For an event you can enter detailed location information.
4. Un-check the RSVP box unless your event is something like a club meeting and you want to collect RSVPs.
5. If you make the event a multi-day event, your entry will repeat throughout your pilgrimage, and probably will make the calendar unreadable as entries for twenty pilgrims per day are amassed for thirty three days, yielding as many as 660 entries on the 33rd day! Just your start date and finish date are probably all that is necessary.
6. Save the entry."

Best of luck and Ultreia!

@wayfarer
You actually don't have to. Just click on the "Events" in upper row on the main page and then "Post new event" (above the current "new" calendar) :)

Good luck!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
May I just add that it is much easier (that's for me of course) to see and understand entries in the camino calendar as for example "Al the optimist leaves/starts/coming etc. to whichever city" (I know you did it that way Allan ;)) than "pilgrim on Camino Frances". Later option demands much more clicking to get it clear who and from/to where will be walking. But of course there's no rule about that :)

Thanks a bunch Al. Until to your act of kindness, my wife is the only person who has responded to my whining. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Try using a computer instead of a mobile device.

Thanks for the advice, but good ole Al took care of it for me. Yea Al!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Helen, I have exactly the same experience.
Mark, I put your June 1, 2014 date on the calendar. The only thing is that my picture is beside the entry. If you would like me to remove it, I will. Just let me know. Pennie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
MARJM007, ODEM and KENTUCKYJAY - I have talen the liberty of adding your events onto the caklendar for you. I hope this meets with your approval.
Hi Al: I too am having problems, so perhaps you could post us as Tuesday 29th of April
from SJPP. Thanks so much!

MARJM007, ODEM and KENTUCKYJAY - I have talen the liberty of adding your events onto the caklendar for you. I hope this meets with your approval.[/quote
Try using a computer instead of a mobile device.
Hope to meet you along the way rovingrufus.
When you starting Odem? Whenever it is there will be plenty of people around and before you know it you will have a whole host of new amigos!
Thank you Al. Muchas gracias.

It doesn't work using safari. I had to switch to Firefox to add mine.

Like so many others, I have given up.
This is much more complicated than surely it needs to be.
After filling in all sorts of boxes I just get "Please enter a valid message."
Given up ... don't have enough time for this :(

I had the same problem repeatedly until a certain Optimist entered my info. There has to be a better way.

I second that motion. Our gratitude to Al for serving as the Calendar Man!!!!

Hmm, I entered all info (maybe several times since I'm not sure where the info is going to appear), and the Calendar accepted it all. However, now I can't find it. Don't want to enter again until I find the original.... Can someone help - I thought I entered departure date of 5 Sept from SJPP to Santiago. Thanks!!
Terry

Hmm, I entered all info (maybe several times since I'm not sure where the info is going to appear), and the Calendar accepted it all. However, now I can't find it. Don't want to enter again until I find the original.... Can someone help - I thought I entered departure date of 5 Sept from SJPP to Santiago. Thanks!!
Terry
Hi Terry, you entered your start date today. Under the message box there is a date and time when the "event" starts, and that is the Sept 5 date you must have. You can go back into April 21 and edit your event though and correct the date. You might also want to edit it to say "Terry leaves SJPP" If you need more help or better instructions, let me know. I think I can help you out. At least I think I can. lol Pennie

Hi Terry, you entered your start date today. Under the message box there is a date and time when the "event" starts, and that is the Sept 5 date you must have. You can go back into April 21 and edit your event though and correct the date. You might also want to edit it to say "Terry leaves SJPP" If you need more help or better instructions, let me know. I think I can help you out. At least I think I can. lol Pennie
Thanks so much Pennie!! I was s0 sure I'd selected Sept -- but I guess not!

I had the same problem repeatedly until a certain Optimist entered my info. There has to be a better way.
Not only did Al the Optimist entered your info, he kind of entered into your life as well :D

Terry
I've found you in no time, if "Terry starting slowly" is you ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I still cannot find the calendar.
Up at the top of the page, do you see "Events"? Click on that and it will bring up the calendar. If you don't see it, or if you don't then get the calendar, it might be because of the browser you're using. Some people have been having difficulty especially with mobile devices. If you are still unable to access it or post your start date, just reply back with your start date and I'll put it on the calendar for you. Pennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.