• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sureste trails.

george.g

Time of past OR future Camino
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
Met Aquabill in La Roda last night, nice to compare notes, got a lot of useful advise, he knows his stuff.
Should have taken notice of his avise re boots, l am wearing Merrell (Moab 3/4) and they are just not up to it, due the gravel nature of the route it feel as though you are having the soles of your feet massaged with hammers!
Regards
George

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi george...a pleasure to have met. I am camping tonight...about 8 k nw of minayas. Didnt fancy 30 k trip so ate into tomorrows section. Currently playing ...hunt the mozzie...in my tent. One of us has got to go! Buen camino

Hi Bill, hope you got the mozzi, nothing like getting bitten in the night, (but I don't know). Made it up to San Clemente, only two beds?
Re the poorly marked turn to the left 7kms after San Clemente its still very poorly marked, but I walked to the clock and just after an hour came to the turning, just before there is a tree with a a yellow sack tied to it.
Regards
George

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If you have the Albergue Paroqual in Las Pedroneras included in your plans then take care, arrived and the local Cura refused to open it, even when a Spanish pilgrim turned up.
Went to Casa Mauritius instead all facilities, but make sure you bang on the green gate not the white door adjacent.
Water is very scarce on route, so be prepared maybe to carry a little more than usual.
This Camino asks a lot of questions, just wish I knew the answers!
Regards
George

I stayed at the parroquial in Las Pedroneras in 2009. It was basic but a standout. It is inside the Casa Parroquial. I wonder if the problem is it being Holy Week? I know it would have been impossible to give hospitality in my house the past few days.

Hope its going well. I certainly carried a lot of water on the Levante

Andy

Truth to tell Andy, lm not sure of the actual reason why we couldn't get in the albergue, I was on the edge of a fairly heated discussion in 100 mile an hour Spanish, but in the event Casa Mauritius was great full kitchen etc etc. So alls well that ends well, not trying to be critical just reporting facts.
El Toboso, Albergue Covento de las Trinitarians, fantastic, recommended.
Regards
George

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I put in here some thoughts about the Albergues parroquial, which were written on the forum for Camino Mozarabe some years ago. The problem discussed was why some albergues parroquial was closed, and I wrote this:

“… I think the parroquial places was not ment for modern pilgrims originally. The church helped people who needed a place to sleep by having those places. We have found that they are often closed now, may be because they were ment for other people than us. Relatively wealthy modern pilgrims - out for a modern walk - have may be done something to this institutions which is not all good? I am not sure of this. It is just a growing feeling from several years of walking. Bjørg “

I got this answer from Debinq: “You are probably right Bjorg - it seems the casas parroquial were intended for different sort of people, not for relatively well-off westerners who can afford to spend some period of their life indulging in the 'peregrino' lifestyle and then returning to the rat race (so to speak). …”

Thanks - that's interesting. When I walked in autumn 2009, I was the first pilgrim on the Levante since before the summer. There are quite a few more now.

Hope it's going well George

Andy

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back