• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Have you walked the Caminho from Lisboa?

peregrina2000

Staff member
Several of us are going to make a short, unprofessional, informational video about the Caminho Portugues between Lisboa and Porto, the least travelled part of that Caminho.

If you have walked this stretch recently, and if you would be willing to record yourself on your phone or ipad answering a few questions (nothing more than about 5 minutes), and then email the results, that would be great. The answers will all be spliced together into a video that we hope will offer a broad perspective -- the good and the bad, highs and lows, etc.

If you are willing to help out, contact me via a Private Conversation or post here and I will contact you.

bom caminho, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Leaving SFO this saturday for Lisboa - and leaving from Castanheira do Ribatejo on Cinco di Mayo (5th of May) - by when would you need a recording?
saluti - Claudia

Arriving in Lisbon in one week - 1 May, setting off from the cathedral. Will be happy to oblige.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Leaving SFO this saturday for Lisboa - and leaving from Castanheira do Ribatejo on Cinco di Mayo (5th of May) - by when would you need a recording?
saluti - Claudia

Castanheira do Ribatejo!? Thats where I live :D

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Castanheira do Ribatejo!? Thats where I live :D
Diogo - how curious indeed :) perhaps I ought to inaugurate "my" caminho by inviting you to be toasting together with some good caffe' if you happen to be available that day, around , suppose? - that'd be an auspicious and fun start, no? ....

Diogo - how curious indeed :) perhaps I ought to inaugurate "my" caminho by inviting you to be toasting together with some good caffe' if you happen to be available that day, around , suppose? - that'd be an auspicious and fun start, no? ....

What time will you arrive there?

Aren't you also staying in the Hotel where I work?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What time will you arrive there?

Aren't you also staying in the Hotel where I work?
Will be staying in Sao Domingo di Rana (?) - then either friends take me to Castanheira do Ribatejo or most likely i'll catch the train . Time? aiming for before noon.
Claudia

Penso Um aguardente podria ser melhor , pois não ?

In the morning!? You crazy dutch :D

Will be staying in Sao Domingo di Rana (?) - then either friends take me to Castanheira do Ribatejo or most likely i'll catch the train . Time? aiming for before noon.
Claudia

Well, on that day, ring me to +351 936 966 222. At noon I'm usually at home, back from my day walk.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I haven't walked it yet, but I am at this very moment posting this from The Hotel do Chile after a delightful and helpful conversation with Diogo. Tomorrow is a walk around Lisbon and a final pack purge, setting out Friday. I would be happy to assist any way that I can.

In the morning!? You crazy dutch :D

Well, on that day, ring me to +351 936 966 222. At noon I'm usually at home, back from my day walk.
duly noted the number into my li'l orange book and walking papers ... (question though: 351 is the country code of portugal? wouldn't need to dial that one once I am in lisboa, no? i will bring my mobile with me, but like to buy a euro-SIM card that i could use over there)

that's awesome that we potentially could meet! a bottle of Veuve Clicquot might be more proper - but a bit much that early in the day. but who knows, maybe a sip of Vinho Verde will do just fine?! or fine caffe' is just marvelous as well.
Obrigado Diogo, e a presto ! (that's portuguese and italian combined)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
duly noted the number into my li'l orange book and walking papers ... (question though: 351 is the country code of portugal? wouldn't need to dial that one once I am in lisboa, no? i will bring my mobile with me, but like to buy a euro-SIM card that i could use over there)

that's awesome that we potentially could meet! a bottle of Veuve Clicquot might be more proper - but a bit much that early in the day. but who knows, maybe a sip of Vinho Verde will do just fine?! or fine caffe' is just marvelous as well.
Obrigado Diogo, e a presto ! (that's portuguese and italian combined)

If you use an international SIM card, yes you have to use the +351. If you have the portuguese one, you just have to use the rest of the number :)

If you use an international SIM card, yes you have to use the +351. If you have the portuguese one, you just have to use the rest of the number :)
got it - thanks. looking to buy a SIM when i arrive in Lisboa and might use that one for Spain and the UK as well! thanks for clarifying! C

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Several of us are going to make a short, unprofessional, informational video about the Caminho Portugues between Lisboa and Porto, the least travelled part of that Caminho.

If you have walked this stretch recently, and if you would be willing to record yourself on your phone or ipad answering a few questions (nothing more than about 5 minutes), and then email the results, that would be great. The answers will all be spliced together into a video that we hope will offer a broad perspective -- the good and the bad, highs and lows, etc.

If you are willing to help out, contact me via a Private Conversation or post here and I will contact you.

bom caminho, Laurie

Laurie

The 25th and 26 April I will start my training for the Camino Primitivo (July), restarting the Portuguese Caminho of Santarem to Tomar.

After sending the movie to your email address.

A kiss and Bom Caminho.

Amsimoes

We are not Argentinos :)
When I was in Argentina some years ago never noticed they drank boose ,only vino !
But they ate almost a complete cow each other. Never seen anybody eating so much meat !
not my cup of tea. ! :)
In Brasil yes ! Caipirinhas ! Gosto muito . :)

bom caminho, Laurie
Did it last year in Spring, felt it gave value to the Porto to Santiago bit, there were some lows as well as highs, happy to contribute if you want. Returning home tomorrow from Santiago after hospitelero stint in Galicia, will private message you when settled if that's ok .

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Happy to contribute, did it last year in Spring if that's any good, highs and lows, gave value to the Porto to Santiago bit. Returning home tomorrow from Santiago after stint at Miraz, contact you when settled if you want

Happy to contribute, did it last year in Spring if that's any good, highs and lows, gave value to the Porto to Santiago bit. Returning home tomorrow from Santiago after stint at Miraz, contact you when settled if you want

Hi Trevor, hope you enjoyed your hospitalero time. I am leaving for Lisbon in a few days - a little less nervous now as I am meeting a fellow peregrina who is starting at the same time. Will be in the UK mid June - perhaps we can all get together again.
Maggie

Thanks, trevhock, that would be great. I will wait for you to contact me, I really appreciate it. Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back