• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my stages and accommodation March/April 2014

sulu

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
Day 1. I planned to stop in Peralada but it was a warm weekend and Peralada is a very pretty, touristy little town, popular with the French so there was only expensive accommodation left. I ended up walking beyond Vilabertran, to a Comercial park just outside Figueres and stayed at the Hotel Sidurnie €38
Day 2. Bascara - Pension Fluvia, on the main road. Very welcoming.€25
Day 3. Girona - Albergue (Youth Hostel) Cerveride Girona c/dels Ciudadanes 9 €13.6 (special rate for pilgrims, it includes breakfast but breakfast is served later than I wanted)
Day 4. Amer - Pension Giralt Pl. San Miguel €25
Day 5. Sant Esteve d'en Bas - Albergue (Turistica) on the camino on the way out of town. €11
Day 6. L'Esquirol - Hostal Collsacraba €24
Day 7. Vic - Albergue Canonge Collel, Av. Olimpia. This is a residence for students but reserves some beds for pilgrims. It is behind the University. €14.50 The price includes breakfast and they do a packed breakfast if you want to leave early.
Estany and Calders only have 'Casas Rurales' said to be off the route so I cheated here and got the bus to Manresa.
Day 8 Manresa - Albergue del Carme (Youth Hostel) used by students and teachers during term time weekdays. It's in the Old Town. €18.60
Day 9 Montserrat - Albergue de Peregrinos donativo
Day 10 Igualada - Albergue de Peregrinos, Prat de la Riba 47, Just off the camino on the way out of town. The keys are in an 'old peoples residence' on Av. Gaudi €15 There is a kitchen here but only a microwave for cooking.
Day 11. Col de la Panadella, Hotel Bayonna does pilgrim prices. €21
Day 12. Tarrega - Llar Aleix (also known as Ca'n Aleix but on the door it says Llar) in the Plaza del Carme next to Banco Sabadell. Another Youth Hostel. €10
Day 13 Linyola - Refugio. an old barn used by fruit pickers in September and October, free
Day 14 Algerri - Albergue for pilgrims above the Casal San Blai, the social Club next to the Town Hall. €5
Day 15 Tamarite de Litera - Albergue de Peregrinos. The keys are supposed to be wth the Policia Local but I got access by going to Bar Juantxo, next to the Town Hall.
Day 16 Monzon - there are 3 hotels here. I stayed at Hostal Venezia. c/Lope de Vega €24
Day 17 Berbegal - Albergue de Peregrinos. Keys accessed via the Bar Meridiano. Super, really well equipped donativo
Day 18 Pueyo de Fananas - Albergue, above the social club donativo
Day 19 Huesca - Albergue, very new, very well equipped, Well signed.€10
Day 20 Bolea - Albergue, next to the school and sports centre. Keys at Bar Casa Rufio donativo
Day 21 Sarsamcuello - Albergue donativo
Day 22 Ena - Albergue new and well equipped, donativo
I hope this may help someone. I have phone numbers etc and would have uploaded a file but I'm bot technical enough. For those who like hotels these are generally available at reasonable distances.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for posting this listing, Sulu. I'm seeing some improvements since we walked this way in 2012.
It's good to see there's now an albergue available in Linyola, and that the one in Pueyo de Fananas is reopened (when we passed through it was closed due to termite damage, which made for a very long day to Huesca).
Depending on how people break up their stages, I'd also recommend the albergue in Pertusa (between Berbegal and Huesca), which we found to be very new and well equipped. Read a little more about it (with photos) here.
Buen camino, all.
Dan

Thanks for posting this listing, Sulu. I'm seeing some improvements since we walked this way in 2012.
It's good to see there's now an albergue available in Linyola, and that the one in Pueyo de Fananas is reopened (when we passed through it was closed due to termite damage, which made for a very long day to Huesca).
Depending on how people break up their stages, I'd also recommend the albergue in Pertusa (between Berbegal and Huesca), which we found to be very new and well equipped. Read a little more about it (with photos) here.
Buen camino, all.
Dan
Dan don't get over excited about an albergue in Linyola. I would hate people to be disappointed, I called it a 'refugio' for a reason. The owner is a member of the Friends of the Camino and allows pilgrims to use this facility for free when it is not being used by fruit pickers. I stayed there and was grateful to have a bed and a hot shower. 2 Spaniards were in Linyola the following night and were disgusted, they said it should be denounced. I'm not sure if they stayed there or not. Personally I would not want to house my fruit pickers there, if I had any, but for a pilgrim in need of a bed it was good enough. There is a hotel in the town for anyone who likes a bit more comfort.
There was a comments book there and others, including an Australian couple who seemed to be a few days ahead of me, had stayed and been grateful, as I was.
Expectations vary :)
I accepted it as a pilgrim in need of a bed

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dear Sue
Many thanks for you list. It will be very helpfull.

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1 - To Montserrat we go ...... 4 yrs since the last Camino, older, less brain cells, easily confused usually followed by a touch of frustration and sometimes panic :) . I left Coventry, UK at...
Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back