• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

eCamino - practical and spiritual guide book for smartphones

eCamino - practical and spiritual guide book for smartphones 2014-01-14

No permission to download

Csaba Antal

Time of past OR future Camino
2007, 2009, 2013
Csaba Antal submitted a new resource:

eCamino - practical and spiritual guide book for smartphones - eCamino

eCamino team is creating smartphone application to GPS-enabled devices and a web portal backend solution for pilgrims with practical and spiritual guidance.

The smartphone apps will available soon in iOS, Android and WP8 platforms.

The application is an offline tool which supports navigation and all the useful information which needed for a pilgrim on the way (location based content, accommodation, food, things to see…) and gives spiritual guidance. This is a reliable mobile companion on the...

Read more about this resource...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have any forum members purchased the Euro 9.99 version of this? Is it worth replacing the Brierley book with on an iPhone? Is one of the others a better value?
There appear to be lots of these apps now and it is unclear for me which one to buy, if any.

Rambler

Have any forum members purchased the Euro 9.99 version of this? Is it worth replacing the Brierley book with on an iPhone? Is one of the others a better value?
There appear to be lots of these apps now and it is unclear for me which one to buy, if any.

Rambler
Hi Rambler, there are some good camino apps available but the difference to other apps is that this one has offline maps so you don't need any wifi connection to use the Brierley maps. On the other hand your track can be followed by other pilgrims or your friends and family members even from home and you can also follow others on the Camino. Check this out: http://www.ecamino.eu/community/ You can also take photos and notes and have a nice Camino diary at the end of your route. The content is actually the same as in the Brierley book, it is not replacing the book, it rather complements it with some useful online and community functions.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Rambler, I realise this reply comes a little late (I only joined the forum recently and this is my first post) but I hope it might still be of use to you, or others in future.

Anyway, I purchased the eCamino app recently as I was particularly looking for an offline map of the whole Camino Frances (rather than just individual stages) and this was the only one I came across with that feature.
I have also downloaded a freebie Spanish language app called Camino (http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es) which presents information very clearly - I personally find it easier to navigate than the eCamino app and think it's potentially useful even for non-Spanish speakers.

I don't want to be reliant on apps, as digital screens can be difficult/impossible to read in sunlight, so I've also purchased the very lightweight and compact Michelin booklet (cost around 6.50 euros) which features maps and basic details for each stage of the camino Frances. I imagine this will a key reference while I'm walking. As well as advice from fellow peregrinos I hope! :) I set off the week after next (from León on 15 Aug), so if I have any feedback after using the apps in the field, I'll post here.

I downloaded the eCamino app but have not been able to get past the login/registration page. I receive a message that reads "OK" but I can't open other pages. Anyone else have that problem? I have an iPhone 4S. I tried shutting my phone down (twice) and also deleted then reinstalled the app, without success. Thank you!

Vi
I downloaded the eCamino app but have not been able to get past the login/registration page. I receive a message that reads "OK" but I can't open other pages. Anyone else have that problem? I have an iPhone 4S. I tried shutting my phone down (twice) and also deleted then reinstalled the app, without success. Thank you!
hi there, I also initially had a problem with registering so I contacted the app developers who quickly responded with advice which resolved the problem. (In my case a new version on the app had just been released so I just had to update it.)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Vi

hi there, I also initially had a problem with registering so I contacted the app developers who quickly responded with advice which resolved the problem. (In my case a new version on the app had just been released so I just had to update it.)
Thanks, JuanitaC,
I appreciate your response. I will contact the developers. I see you are beginning your journey soon. I'm sending you warm wishes for a Buen Camino!

Best regards,
Mary

Hi,

I realise this thread is quite old but I hope people can still help me. I purchased the eCamino App last week in advance of my first Camino which begins on 24th March. I think it may be useful but it won't let me access it off-line. Also, every time I open the app it tells me its my first time using it and makes me sync it each time. I have tried getting on to the www.ecamino.eu website but this seems to be down and has been for at least a week.

Does anyone know what the problem is or can anyone advise on what I should do?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.