• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Which walk-France or Spain

PACIFICSWIM

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked the Camino on 30th September, arrived at Santiago on 1st November. Changed my life forever
Hi, Very new to this, I have around 2 weeks in August 2014. Looking at self guided walk. Choice is Le Puy to Conques France or Leon to Santiago Spain. I am 63, male-fit, travelling alone. Any suggestions-just after a great walking experience, leaving from Australia

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Leon will be easier to get to than Le Puy or SJPdP. The weather will be hot on both routes. France costs more per day, and French skills are useful; with all the pilgrims in Spain, you can always find a translator. Both are very scenic. Le Puy to Conques may have a slight edge in scenery, but the mountains of Galicia also are excellent.

It's a toss up!

Bon chemin or buen camino.

Okay...I'll commit and say Le Puy. I dunno. Just loved it...and it is kind of a trail head for the whole thing. Kind of.

Buen chemin!

Rob

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Le Puy Conques is the more rigorous but that should not be a problem, the Chemin is more interesting in France along that stretch, more expensive true but accomodation is far far better, the food is very good, just beware the Miserable Mondays when everything shops, grocers and butchers, restaurants, most cafe/bars shut down-Le Puy is easily reached by train coming from the East I flew into Geneva and took a train fro the airport no sweat no strain.

If you are just after a great walking experience, Le Puy to Conques, unhesitatingly. Come back another time when you have more time and walk SJPDP to Santiago.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back