• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Long Camino Walk Completed

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
In late May of this year I completed my walk from Rorschach Switzerland to Finisterre following various Camino routes. An amazing experience! The initial plan was to walk these routes in one go over 100 days...planning was in full swing.

Well it ended up taking 90 days in total however plans went out the window when a medical emergency required a return home and the walk was broken into three separate stages. In hindsight this was the best thing that could have happened...plans went out the window and great new friends were made.

I created a number of YouTube videos of my walk...I have attached links if anyone is interested. A link to my blog is also attached in the signature line should you wish to take a peek.

Via Jacobi

Via Gebennensis

The Puy

St. James Way & Finisterre

The Long Walk - Entire Journey

This last video was made as a personal souvenir of my walk...a word of caution it clocks in at 69 minutes!

Thanks to Forum members for their patience in answering numerous questions and to anyone wondering whether walking the Camino is the right thing to do...just do it!

Guy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Incredible! Looking forward to watching all videos and reading the blog! I'm sure you've mentioned why you started in Rorschach, but I "need" to know now! Mind-boggling to think of walking across Switzerland. I remember being on top of a mountain near Chateau d'Oex and looking north -- nothing but mountain peaks as far as one could see!
Bravo!
Terry

Incredible! Looking forward to watching all videos and reading the blog! I'm sure you've mentioned why you started in Rorschach, but I "need" to know now! Mind-boggling to think of walking across Switzerland. I remember being on top of a mountain near Chateau d'Oex and looking north -- nothing but mountain peaks as far as one could see!
Bravo!

OTH86...don't have a real good answer for why Rorschach other than I was looking to do something different, had the time being recently retired and the energy...although some days it was a real stretch. I have always enjoyed hiking in the Canadian Rockies so Switzerland really appealed. The walk moved to something possible when I became aware of the Via Gebennensis route connecting Geneva and Le Puy en Velay.

Switzerland is clearly beautiful as the Camino moves through various valleys however looking back Via Gebennensis may well have been the most scenic for me in the Haute Savoie region...so few people walk this super route.

Guy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Your camino and videos are inspiring. Thank you for sharing them with us.

OTH86...don't have a real good answer for why Rorschach other than I was looking to do something different, had the time being recently retired and the energy...although some days it was a real stretch. I have always enjoyed hiking in the Canadian Rockies so Switzerland really appealed. The walk moved to something possible when I became aware of the Via Gebennensis route connecting Geneva and Le Puy en Velay.

Switzerland is clearly beautiful as the Camino moves through various valleys however looking back Via Gebennensis may well have been the most scenic for me in the Haute Savoie region...so few people walk this super route.

Guy
Just wonderful! Thank you so much for compiling and posting these videos.

Guy, I just spent a few wonderful hours reading your blog and viewing your wonderful pictures. Absolutely incredible!

Thanks so much for all your efforts in sharing your experiences and congratulations to you, your brother and all your friends along "The Way". Very inspiring.

Mike

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wow, What a wonderful set of videos. Thanks for putting this together. I continue to enjoy watching them over and over. Many great memories on the Camino. I missed you by one day in Finisterre.

I just tried to watch your videos but all I can get is a message telling me 'this video does not exist'. Is it my computer or have the videos been taken down????

I was told that since my videos included music from various artists that I was offside with regard to copyright laws. I had understood that since I had purchased the music through iTunes that I would be ok however thought the prudent thing was to follow this advice.

If anyone thinks otherwise let me know.

Guy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was told that since my videos included music from various artists that I was offside with regard to copyright laws.

There is a good chance that is right so I can understand why you have pulled them down. Is there any chance that you could use music that is out of copyright and put them back up again? I would really like to see them.

Sorry that went in with your quote. It should have read.

There is a good chance that is right so I can understand why you have pulled them down. Is there any chance that you could use music that is out of copyright and put them back up again? I would really like to see them.

Sorry that went in with your quote. It should have read.

Good suggestion...will look at that. I welcome any music suggestions from anyone on the Forum. Searched long and hard the first time I created the videos so need to get inspired again.

Guy

A selection of Camino Jewellery

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back