• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Keeping our fingers crossed

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Due to family matters , my wife and I haven´t been able to walk a Camino the last two years.

To make matters worse, last November she broke a tendon on the front of her foot which need surgery. Just recently she has been able to start walking in the countryside around here (Bilbo). All seems well so we have
started to program our Camino for this year ( Camino Ingles)....... finally.:)

This one will be totally different from the previous ones as we will walk short stages 15 kms aprox. max.
distance and some day even less.............. Not only have we supported the "snails" in the past here in the forum but we have turned into a couple of SNAILS ourselves. :D

We will be leaving for our Camino on the biggest day on the Camino itself ( July 25) and will start
our "crawling" on July 26 from Ferrol. Hoping to reach Santiago de Compostela on Aug 3. A total of 9 walking days.

We will be combining our accommodation some days public albergues and others private accommodation .

Ondo Ibili !
Buen camino. 9 days will be done easily . Distances between 15 and 20 kms per day are possible.
Best albergue is in Betanzos in the middle of the towncenter. No blankets there ! We slept in our silk sleepingliners and our fleecevests.
We slept in the albergues of Neda, Pontedeume (been said a lot about this place on the forum, judge yourself) Betanzos and Mińo.
Hostals in O Meson Novo and Sigueiro. a hotel in Ordes.
In Santiago we booked a room via the smartphone app Airbnb oposite the busstation.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Due to family matters , my wife and I haven´t been able to walk a Camino the last two years.

To make matters worse, last November she broke a tendon on the front of her foot which need surgery. Just recently she has been able to start walking in the countryside around here (Bilbo). All seems well so we have
started to program our Camino for this year ( Camino Ingles)....... finally.:)

This one will be totally different from the previous ones as we will walk short stages 15 kms aprox. max.
distance and some day even less.............. Not only have we supported the "snails" in the past here in the forum but we have turned into a couple of SNAILS ourselves. :D
We will be leaving for our Camino on the biggest day on the Camino itself ( July 25) and will start
our "crawling" on July 26 from Ferrol. Hoping to reach Santiago de Compostela on Aug 3.
Ondo Ibili !
Have a good hike, walk and/ or "crawl". We have a group in New Mexico that hikes twice a week known as the Trail Snails. We're not the fastest but we get there!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi yes I will plan to post a a review of where I am staying and how it goes.

Depending on internet I may do it each evening or all at once on my return :)
Almost everywhere you can find wifi .when you stay in the albergue of Neda, walk back over the bridge till you come to a kind of high street with several bars and restaurants.
In Pontedeume a few yards back from the albergues is an kind of snackbar/heladeria (ice bar ) with wifi
In Betanzos i. Different bars and restaurants and as I remember there was wifi in the albergue .
In Miño several bars in the center
At Meson novo in the hostal
At Ordes in the hotel and Sigueiro in hostal Miras. No problem at all
If you are in a bar or restaurant ask for " el clave de wifi" and they give you the code .ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1405028942.560592.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well all is set. Have bought our bus tickets from Bilbo to Coruña. Once in Coruña we´ll get a bus to Ferrol . Have made arrangements to spend a night at a small hotel there. Have made reservations at a couple of private places where there is no albergue to stay at. And have booked a flight back home ( Bilbo).

Can´t wait for Friday to arrive. :)

Ondo Ibili !
Buen camiño. Mucho suerte !

If you haven't done so allready I would add Meson Novo to the places you stay en route.

For us this was definately a highlight of our trip, the owners are amazing people.

Buen Camino
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406153647.789285.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406153698.553686.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406153746.785887.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406153793.192271.jpg

The only thing what hurt my heart there were all the Real Madrid pictures on the wall.
I could not win over Mr. senior to change them into pictures of my team FC Barcelona ha ha !

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back