• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

It's official

shubertj

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2012, 2013, 2018 Portuguese 2014 Ingles 2017 Fin/Mux 17, 19 Invierno 2018
Primitivo 2019
We have changed our minds instead of walking the Italian part of the Via Francigena in Sept we have booked our flights today to walk the Camino Portuguese route from Lisbon starting on Sept 3 and walking to Santiago hopefully arriving on October 3. Thank everyone for the info here especially Albertinho, Diago, and amorfati. Hope to ship a small carryon bag to Ivar from Lisbon.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We have changed our minds instead of walking the Italian part of the Via Francigena in Sept we have booked our flights today to walk the Camino Portuguese route from Lisbon starting on Sept 3 and walking to Santiago hopefully arriving on October 3. Thank everyone for the info here especially Albertinho, Diago, and amorfati. Hope to ship a small carryon bag to Ivar from Lisbon.
Sorry meant Diogo92

Bom caminho ! Enjoy.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You are welcome. If you have any questions please send us a message.
We have many tips .

Bravo! September is a marvelous time in Portugal (entirely my bias) - and the wine harvest time is not the only reason for this :)
but you might run into the risk of having quite a bit of surplus gourmet fun - if wine is your cuppa tea ....

http://www.insideportugaltravel.com/regions/porto-e-norte-region/5350-grape-harvest-festival.html
http://www.portoportugal.com/things-to-do/douro-wine-harvest
http://www.portugaldailyview.com/whats-new/harvest-grape-picking-in-douro-valley-home-of-port-wine

and the light is more golden ... the air gentler (at least this is how it's remembered now) -

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Shubertj. I will start my Portuguese Camino on the same day. Maybe our paths will cross. Look for 2 old guys having way too much fun. Bom Caminho.

Happy Trails. Urban Trekker

Shubertj. I will start my Portuguese Camino on the same day. Maybe our paths will cross. Look for 2 old guys having way too much fun. Bom Caminho.

More people to have lunch with :D

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Bravo! September is a marvelous time in Portugal (entirely my bias) - and the wine harvest time is not the only reason for this :)
but you might run into the risk of having quite a bit of surplus gourmet fun - if wine is your cuppa tea ....

http://www.insideportugaltravel.com/regions/porto-e-norte-region/5350-grape-harvest-festival.html
http://www.portugaldailyview.com/whats-new/harvest-grape-picking-in-douro-valley-home-of-port-wine

and the light is more golden ... the air gentler (at least this is how it's remembered now) -
Now I am really excited maybe we need to plan more days to sample the local vintages.

I look forward to seeing you. I'm arriving about the same time but am depending on the US Air Force for transportation so my schedule is a bit "flexible".... Hope to see you enroute! I'll be the old guy looking for Urban Trekker and crew....

Bon Caminho!

Urban Trekker,
We will look out for you, now that we know it is wine harvest time I'll be walking 20 paces behind my wife carrying a to go cup of coffee.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I look forward to seeing you. I'm arriving about the same time but am depending on the US Air Force for transportation so my schedule is a bit "flexible".... Hope to see you enroute! I'll be the old guy looking for Urban Trekker and crew....

Bon Caminho!
With a long gray beard ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

amorfati1, your post just made my day! Cannot wait to experience Portugal in September. Thank you for the links.

To the rest: hope to see you all along the way! We're starting September 2.

Kaitlynceta

Hello good day.
Some wineries advice (I'm an agronomist).
So Lisbon to Valenca do Minho can make various wineries experiences:
Santarém - Ribatejo wines,

Coimbra - Bairrada wine (DOC) (with regional specialty of roast suckling pig),

Porto (???) - In this town (region) no vines, then how can have wines? (little joke). Here I recommend for at least a day to visit the area of the Douro Valley by train from Porto to Pocinho and return. If you have more days spend a day in the city of "Peso da Régua", and make a boat trip on the river Douro going up or down the dams. You can also go up by train from Porto to Peso da Régua and down by boat to Porto, or vice versa. Drink wine from the Douro (DOC) and Porto. The best years of Port (2007 and 2011, this is the best of all years).

Minho - (north of Porto) the Vinho Verde (DOC), white or red (lot), needs in the town of Ponte de Lima eating (or taste) "Sarrabulho" and drink wine to accompany food Vinho Verde red of the vine variety "Vinhão".
They're just some advice.
Bom caminho.
AMSimoes

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello good day.

Porto (???) - In this town (region) no vines, then how can have wines? (little joke). Here I recommend for at least a day to visit the area of the Douro Valley by train from Porto to Pocinho and return. If you have more days spend a day in the city of "Peso da Régua", and make a boat trip on the river Douro going up or down the dams. You can also go up by train from Porto to Peso da Régua and down by boat to Porto, or vice versa. Drink wine from the Douro (DOC) and Porto. The best years of Port (2007 and 2011, this is the best of all years).

Minho - (north of Porto) the Vinho Verde (DOC), white or red (lot), needs in the town of Ponte de Lima eating (or taste) "Sarrabulho" and drink wine to accompany food Vinho Verde red of the vine variety "Vinhão".
Bom caminho.
AMSimoes
Long time ago in a German wine area I read this sentence and can easily translate this to the Porto, Minho of other vinyards. So here about Porto !
Who was is Porto and knows he was in Porto, was not in Porto !
But.. Who was in Porto and does not know he was in Porto, was in Porto !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
amorfati1, your post just made my day! Cannot wait to experience Portugal in September. Thank you for the links.

To the rest: hope to see you all along the way! We're starting September 2.

Kaitlynceta
Kaitlynceta,
We will be 2 days behind you if you walk slow or make a few wine stop we may catch up.

Hello good day.

Bom caminho.
AMSimoes

Thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back