• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I am looking for a Camino 2015 walking partner :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am looking for a partner to walk the Camino next year. People doing at least one of these professions will be preffered:
- a doctor
- a physiotherapist
- a maseur
- a chef
- rescue worker
- profesional sport man/woman (no chess players)

I hope you enjoyed my joke! :D :D :D

Hi Janka,
I qualify for your first reference but you'll have to move your Camino earlier (just kidding) as I am starting in a few weeks time.
Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino, peregrinos!!! :) :) I am wishing you the best experience in your life! :)

El dolor es temporal, la gloria para siempre :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hey Janka,

I can be a pretty good chef, but most camino kitchens aren't really co-operating ;-)

Why "seeking" a walking partner? I saw you just did de Norte? Did you not like going alone?

Which camino will you walk next year?

Hey Janka,

I can be a pretty good chef, but most camino kitchens aren't really co-operating ;-)

Why "seeking" a walking partner? I saw you just did de Norte? Did you not like going alone?

Which camino will you walk next year?

Hi Dutch! :) My post was meant just to be a joke :D Since Camino is a challenge for the body, I am just playing with the idea of how great it would be to have a maseur as a company to massage your back or sore legs every night!

I did Camino del Norte, indeed :) I am planning on walking next year also, but I have to figure out first what Camino. How is Portugal Camino?

Hi Janka, In that case i could really use a sherpa to carry an extra backpack full of proteĂŻn shakes next time :))

The Portugees is fantastic. It really is. In 10 days you can walk to SdC. In 2-3 weeks you can walk from Porto to SdC and add Finisterre and Muxia to your walk as well. It is really worth it. I will surely walk that route again.

I played with the idea of del Norte as my next Camino, but heard that when not going in summer (juli/aug) you cabn expect alot of rain. Brrrrr.
I also spoke to someone who did the del Norte, but moved over to the Frances after a while, because she found it was too much road walking. Is that true? Is it alot of road walking?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for the information. I am considering Camino portugal as a hot candidate for late summer camino 2015.

I heard that there were more people concerne about road walking on the northern Camino. The truth is, that one whole stage is closed and camino is redirected to road. But apart from that I would say that there is more hiking trail walking (natural paths) than walking on road/pavement. It is a mixture of both, but the majority is in the woods, on tie fields, on the meadows :)

These are my assumptions because I was not focused on the type of ground underneath my feet. You know why? Because I had perfect treking/hiking shoes. And once my feet were okay, I paid attention to other things around me - nature, animals, sun, scenery, wells and other pilgrims :)

And happy feet make for happy walking :)

Sounds like del Norte is worth considering again.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
By the end of the Camino, YOU will be certified in all the above! :D:p

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Janka, In that case i could really use a sherpa to carry an extra backpack full of proteĂŻn shakes next time :))

The Portugees is fantastic. It really is. In 10 days you can walk to SdC. In 2-3 weeks you can walk from Porto to SdC and add Finisterre and Muxia to your walk as well. It is really worth it. I will surely walk that route again.

I played with the idea of del Norte as my next Camino, but heard that when not going in summer (juli/aug) you cabn expect alot of rain. Brrrrr.
I also spoke to someone who did the del Norte, but moved over to the Frances after a while, because she found it was too much road walking. Is that true? Is it alot of road walking?
Hi Dutch. I didn't feel that there was a lot of road walking when I did it in 2011. There was however a lot of beautiful scenery of the Ocean and the valleys etc. It was diverse and very picturesque. The people are really beautiful people. So will to help you along the way whether you need help or not. Can be challenging esp the first week. Lots of ups and downs but as long as you are in reasonable fitness it is worth it. I would recommend to anyone to give it a go worth the effort. Here are some photos but if you want to see more I will be happy to show you. ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406587978.160059.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406588000.918183.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406588023.055954.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406588046.343545.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406588085.674156.jpg

I'm none of the above.. hahaha.. i'm doing the Ingles in May.. not sure if I'll be alone or with company.. i've invited family, relatives, and friends and so far everyone said they want to do but i don't see them seriously taking the journey..

hopefully you can find a walking partner that fits your criteria :D

buen camino! as always, take care.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi @michryan not alot of road walking? Thats good to hear. Is it alot of walking beside the sea?
what time of year did you walk? Did you meet alot of pilgrims? I like to meet many other walkers. Did you walk the whole Norte of did you end up on the primitivo? Oh and muy importante: how was the weather? :)
Questions questions question...

I wonder.....if i walk the del Norte this year and the Frances again next year and not this september, will one year be enough to become a doctor that @Janka Staníková needs on her walk? Or at least to get my quack degree :D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi @michryan not alot of road walking? Thats good to hear. Is it alot of walking beside the sea?
what time of year did you walk? Did you meet alot of pilgrims? I like to meet many other walkers. Did you walk the whole Norte of did you end up on the primitivo? Oh and muy importante: how was the weather? :)
Questions questions question...

I wonder.....if i walk the del Norte this year and the Frances again next year and not this september, will one year be enough to become a doctor that @Janka Staníková needs on her walk? Or at least to get my quack degree :D
Hi Dutch. There was some road walk but you expect there has to be. Most were quiet roads only a few were busy but I never felt unsafe. Be aware though there is beach walking as well. The hardest part of all for me was the mud. Esp in the first week going up and down. Mud is hard going when it thick like it was. But hey you take the good with the bad. Makes for a more rewarding trip. I met quite a few pilgrims. There were not loads but enough to really enjoy the atmosphere that it brings when meeting, sharing etc. Had many of a memorable group pilgrim meal. They were the best. You will never be alone. Never had to worry that there would not be space though as it's not crowded or at least back then. Not sure what the volume of pilgrims are now. I did the whole of the Norte. It was a shame when it ended. I went in April to May. Not sure what time of the year you would plan. Do remember it's on the coast for a fair bit so you are exposed to the elements. The weather was actually better than I thought it was to be. I always expect the worst so I am not disappointed. Last year I walked across the UK and expected rain for the whole trip and the UK weather did not fail me at all. It rained every single day except one. But it's a part of life that can't be controlled so you just go with it. In fact it snow on one day so I danced. ;) what ever you choose I'm sure it will be wonderful and do the other the next time. Here are a few more photos. Buen camino. ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406624889.721738.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406624909.378582.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406624935.015826.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406625032.961081.jpg

Thanks for the info @michryan . The pics look great. And really, a yellow arrow ON the beach? Does it get any better than that. :)

If i were to walk the Norte, i would always be in september. That is the only time in a year best suited for me to do a long walk and i dont like to split it up in two parts/years, but hey, thats just me.

I am really considering walking this route. For now i still have SJPP in mind for this september, the flight is already booked, but going to irun instead of sjpp from biaritzz airport is still an option.
I ordered a guide yesterday, so i am going to have a better idea of the Norte route. Not sure if i would walk the whole Norte or take the Primitivo. Maybe the guidebook, which is also for the primitivo, will give me an idea.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@michryan i think i should have made myself more clear. When i say roadwalking (as a negative) i really mean "asphalt" roads.

I of course dont expect to walk thru to bush bush the whole day ;) Nothing wrong with small country roads ect...

Dutch I wish you well on whatever route you choose. When do you leave in Sept? I start mine on the 29th on the Portuguese way. Never know might see you in Santiago. Buen camino.

I am leaving on sept 1st. Start walking sept 2nd :)

Are you walking from Porto or Lisbon?

Wish you also a buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am leaving on sept 1st. Start walking sept 2nd :)

Are you walking from Porto or Lisbon?

Wish you also a buen camino!
I'm walking from Lisbon.

Hi Dutch. I didn't feel that there was a lot of road walking when I did it in 2011. There was however a lot of beautiful scenery of the Ocean and the valleys etc. It was diverse and very picturesque. The people are really beautiful people. So will to help you along the way whether you need help or not. Can be challenging esp the first week. Lots of ups and downs but as long as you are in reasonable fitness it is worth it. I would recommend to anyone to give it a go worth the effort. Here are some photos but if you want to see more I will be happy to show you. View attachment 11924View attachment 11925View attachment 11926View attachment 11927View attachment 11928
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406665114.662816.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406665146.261499.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406665186.130293.jpg
Caminho del norte

Can anyone who has walked both the Ingles and Portugees tell me which of the routes is least hilly?
Hi Bailan. You again on the forum ?!

We walked both. The Inglès this year and the Portuges from Lisbon last year.
The Inglès is more hilly .
The most serious hilly part on the Portuges is between Ponte the Lima and Rubiaes (look on the map)ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406665914.084901.jpg, the Labruja mountain. Don't do this on your flipflops the Labruja is an off road trek with big rocks, a lot of climbing and descending so you need strong shoes.however we met some people who did it on sandals

In Galicia there are some very steep descendings but cannot find now where this exactly was.
We went zigzaging down and used walkingpoles to support the knees.

The Portuges is very beautiful . Very nice people , nice food, nice landscape. You will like it

Next year we will go for the Portugese again but than along the coast from Porto to Vigo and from there via the camiño de Salnés to Padrón and Santiago.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am looking for a partner to walk the Camino next year. People doing at least one of these professions will be preffered:
- a doctor
- a physiotherapist
- a maseur
- a chef
- rescue worker

No translators needed? :D :rolleyes:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
- a doctor
- a physiotherapist
- a maseur
- a chef
- rescue worker

Hi Janka! You can walk with us, but we're nurses and we're not on your list!!! :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Janka! You can walk with us, but we're nurses and we're not on your list!!! :)
Hi Josway
Now that you've mentioned you're a group of nurses; sounds like you'll be a fun group and probably be a band of pied pipers with a growing family around you all.
Buen Camino

Hi Josway
Now that you've mentioned you're a group of nurses; sounds like you'll be a fun group and probably be a band of pied pipers with a growing family around you all.
Buen Camino
Hi Annie! It'll only be a small group, yet it will be fun, and we're leaving our families behind. Josie

Hi Annie! It'll only be a small group, yet it will be fun, and we're leaving our families behind. Josie
Josway,
You might be leaving one family behind., but I'm talking about the group you become when your small group grows into a 'camino family '.
Had you not heard that expression yet?

Buen Camino. It really will be !

Annie

Hi Dutch. I didn't feel that there was a lot of road walking when I did it in 2011. There was however a lot of beautiful scenery of the Ocean and the valleys etc. It was diverse and very picturesque. The people are really beautiful people. So will to help you along the way whether you need help or not. Can be challenging esp the first week. Lots of ups and downs but as long as you are in reasonable fitness it is worth it. I would recommend to anyone to give it a go worth the effort. Here are some photos but if you want to see more I will be happy to show you. View attachment 11924View attachment 11925View attachment 11926View attachment 11927View attachment 11928
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Josway,
You might be leaving one family behind., but I'm talking about the group you become when your small group grows into a 'camino family '.
Had you not heard that expression yet?

Buen Camino. It really will be !

Annie
Oooh! Ha! Ha! Annie! I get it :) , the Camino family! I feel I already have here in the forum.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
- a doctor
- a physiotherapist
- a maseur
- a chef
- rescue worker

Chef here, how are things. It is a shame i am going 2017. Do you want to wait :rolleyes:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
- a doctor
- a physiotherapist
- a maseur
- a chef
- rescue worker

hi there , when are looking to go . I was looking to go May 2015

hi there , nurses !! I wanna walk with you guys! lol when and where are you starting from ?

Angie T .. which route are you walking? doing the Ingles starting May 3 2015. got my ticket today so it's official

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Angie T .. which route are you walking? doing the Ingles starting May 3 2015. got my ticket today so it's official
hi , I am a huge rider to ! I see your helmet . I am starting in SJPP and walking the whole route , starting around may 12th ,

how long are you walking for ? alone ?

Hi Angie, it all depends if a friend of mind get approved for visa.. If she gets approved, I'll have someone walking with me else it's all by myself..7 day walk if I have company for I don't want her to walk too long.. I'm planning 6 days if I'm alone. I'm fairly active so I'm hoping I can do camino ingles in 6 days

Yes, I love to ride bicycle... It's my outdoor activity between spring and fall.. This activity helps me stay fit..

I see in your profile that you're planning to do sjpp when ur 50, mine is 1/2 marathon.. It's happening this nov.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Angie, it all depends if a friend of mind get approved for visa.. If she gets approved, I'll have someone walking with me else it's all by myself..7 day walk if I have company for I don't want her to walk too long.. I'm planning 6 days if I'm alone. I'm fairly active so I'm hoping I can do camino ingles in 6 days

Yes, I love to ride bicycle... It's my outdoor activity between spring and fall.. This activity helps me stay fit..

I see in your profile that you're planning to do sjpp when ur 50, mine is 1/2 marathon.. It's happening this nov.
that's great , I too cycle like crazy . 400 kms a week , but no bike on the Camino ! good luck on your 1/2 !

hi there , nurses !! I wanna walk with you guys! lol when and where are you starting from ?
Hi Angie! We won't be going until September 2015 have not finalised dates yet,starting from St Jean. You are definitely most welcome to walk with us, would be great!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back