• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gaze and weep, Pilgrims

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yeah yeah yeah. We get that stuff every day here in the supermercado, or out back in the garden!
And Estrella Galicia on tap, down the street.
Nyah nyah.
You don't expect me to LIKE your post, do you. ;)
I've got peppers in the garden, but everything has been slow growing this year.

We're hoping to share a ración and a cerveza with you in Oct.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We bought a packet if seeds in Santiago market and grow them at home ( all year round, as we live in Costa Rica)! Anne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We bought a packet if seeds in Santiago market and grow them at home ( all year round, as we live in Costa Rica)! Anne
Oh no. I love growing vegies, particularly heritage types and anything different. I hadn't considered bringing packets of seeds home from the Camino with me !!! Surely I can find a bit of space for a few packets. Wonder whether Customs will allow it, still worth a try !

Oh no. I love growing vegies, particularly heritage types and anything different. I hadn't considered bringing packets of seeds home from the Camino with me !!! Surely I can find a bit of space for a few packets. Wonder whether Customs will allow it, still worth a try !
If the idea of international smuggling puts you off, pardon seeds are available from online sellers. I've been growing them in Florida for years.

Last edited:
Me too, but here in Suffolk, England. I bought a packet of seeds in the market in Santiago last October, and they are producing a glut of peppers at the moment, bringing waves of nostalgia as I tuck in. the outdoor ones are doing just as well as in the greenhouse, but we're having a good summer. AnnaKappa - can one save the seeds and grow from those next year?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Me too, but here in Suffolk, England. I bought a packet of seeds in the market in Santiago last October, and they are producing a glut of peppers at the moment, bringing waves of nostalgia as I tuck in. the outdoor ones are doing just as well as in the greenhouse, but we're having a good summer. AnnaKappa - can one save the seeds and grow from those next year?
I guess you could save some seeds. They might not all produce, but done will. We always sew only a few seeds at a time. Anne

Unfortunately bringing in seeds is strictly forbidden. On my first camino, a friend learned that the hard way.

It hadn't occurred to me that we could buy them online, but a quick google showed there are tons of options. CaptBuddy, do you have any favorite seller in the US?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
DECLARE all agriculture-related products when entering the United States.

General List of Approved Products

Aloe Vera (above ground parts)
Bat nut or devil pod (Trapa bicornis)
Breads, cakes, cookies, and other bakery goods
Candies
Cannonball fruit
Chinese water chestnut
Coffee (roasted beans only)
Fish
* Flower bulbs
Fruits, canned
Garlic cloves (peeled)
Lily bulbs (Lilium spp.) for planting
Maguey leaf
Matsutake
Mushrooms
Nuts (roasted only)
Palm hearts (peeled)
Sauces, canned or processed
Seaweed
* Seeds for planting or consumption
Shamrocks leaves without roots or soil
St. John's Bread
Singhara nut (Trapa bispinosa)
Tamarind bean pod
Truffles
Vegetables, canned or processed
Water chestnut (Trapa natans)
*Check with the consulate or agricultural office in the country of origin to confirm that your item is allowed. A phytosanitary certificate is required for propagative material.

If you purchase seed in a garden center or similar business that also happens to be used to dealing with overseas tourists, they may have specially packaged seeds that have already been inspected and stamped for export. All other materials, including those that have been personally "collected", must be inspected before they could legally be brought in to the US.

Unfortunately bringing in seeds is strictly forbidden. On my first camino, a friend learned that the hard way.

It hadn't occurred to me that we could buy them online, but a quick google showed there are tons of options. CaptBuddy, do you have any favorite seller in the US?
Thank you for that. We always declare anything we have with us. Our daughter has a senior position in the Police Force so I would hate to have to ring her and say.....guess what...your dad and I were arrested for bringing in suspicious seeds from overseas !! :eek: We are taking our wooden walking staffs with us and Customs have said that it will be OK to bring them back into the country again, and wished us a good trip! I will give them a ring re vegie seeds and see what they say.

Hi CaptBuddy -
What about a pic of those delicious morsels once they've been blistered in the pan and salted ... THEN we'll REALLY be weeping !
Cheers!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hahaha, when i sometimes watch the Aussie border patrol program on tv, you get the idea your not even allowed to bring in a packet of chewing gum into Australia, let alone seeds from peppers.

Give it a go, maybe you'll end up on tv ;):)

Hahaha, when i sometimes watch the Aussie border patrol program on tv, you get the idea your not even allowed to bring in a packet of chewing gum into Australia, let alone seeds from peppers.

Give it a go, maybe you'll end up on tv ;):)
Our 15 minutes of fame! We always declare and I think that's where people make a mistake. Customs don't like people who try to get away with bringing in things. We tell them what we have and they just wave us through without even looking at the items. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
CaptBuddy - gorgeous pic! Those little peppers look SO delicious! Thanks for posting it.
Cheers - Jenny

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.