• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best accommodation in Livinhac-le-haut ...

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy route 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022, 2023 +
Together with my two [middle-aged] female pilgrim companions, we are commencing our camino, the GR65, on 3 September ... we have pencilled in Livinhac-le-Haut as a prospective stopping point, but having difficulty in selecting [and then booking] good accommodation there ... we are mostly staying in recommended chambre d’hôtes and/or GdEs along the way with demi-pension option. Any particular recommendations at Livinhac or nearby to the village? ... has anyone stayed at Viviez? is it worth the extra trek? Feedback/comments much appreciated as this is one place I am stuck on but keen to stay ...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Together with my two [middle-aged] female pilgrim companions, we are commencing our camino, the GR65, on 3 September ... we have pencilled in Livinhac-le-Haut as a prospective stopping point, but having difficulty in selecting [and then booking] good accommodation there ... we are mostly staying in recommended chambre d’hôtes and/or GdEs along the way with demi-pension option. Any particular recommendations at Livinhac or nearby to the village? ... has anyone stayed at Viviez? is it worth the extra trek? Feedback/comments much appreciated as this is one place I am stuck on but keen to stay ...
Hi I've walked the Le Puy route twice. Once to Santiago via the Frances and once via the Norte and Primitivo. I stayed in gites detapes and albergues and found them fine. I write just to recommend a donativo 3K short of Esparyac ' Le Soulie' run by a lovely couple with wholesome very good meals. Really worth a visit if you are passing.

I stayed there:

MAISON LA VITA E BELLA

Hébergement, Gîte, Gîte d'étape
90, Place du 14 Juin
12300 Livinhac-le-Haut

http://etapelavitaebella.blogspot.be

It is a very beautiful place, run by a young couple.
Clean and at least 2 rooms without stock beds.
They provide even clean (!!!) bed linen.
Half pension.

"Free participation".
You leave what you want, but you are suggested to let a certain amount.
"Donativo" purists won't appreciate this, but I did not have a problem with this.
It is a nice place with friendly people and good food.
It's worth the money.
(they should probably find another way of promoting their project.)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On normal days, the gite communal is adequate and provides dinner and breakfast at the resto on the town square, Restaurant de la Mairie. In fact, you paid for the gite at the bar in the restaurant. The gite is nothing special, but there was a lawn with a clothesline and a big tub for washing boots. I've stayed there twice.

The resto is not as fine as its web site makes it appear: http://www.bar-restaurant-de-la-mairie.com/ but you'll be fine. (I think the software behind the site is canned -- these pictures are far grander than what you'll experience! Table clothes? not a chance!) There's contact info so you can inquire about whether or not they are open on a given day:

Vous pouvez nous appeler au: 0565638022

BTW, the town square is the Place of 14 June -- not 14 July as you might expect -- because it marks the day on which running water arrived in town. In the 1950s!

I stayed there:

MAISON LA VITA E BELLA

90, Place du 14 Juin
12300 Livinhac-le-Haut

Half pension.

"Free participation".
"Donativo" purists won't appreciate this, but I did not have a problem with this.
It's worth the money.

many thanks FatmaG for this ... La Vita e Bella is one of the places i was looking at [i have read their blog, etc] so really helpful to have a recommendation! much appreciated advice ...

Hi I've walked the Le Puy route twice. Once to Santiago via the Frances and once via the Norte and Primitivo. I stayed in gites detapes and albergues and found them fine. I write just to recommend a donativo 3K short of Esparyac ' Le Soulie' run by a lovely couple with wholesome very good meals. Really worth a visit if you are passing.

cheers, thanks Tommy ... Le Soulie also on my list of possibles ...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
cheers, thanks Tommy ... Le Soulie also on my list of possibles ...
I stayed there:

Had a wonderful time there
The two towns just a bit further on are also very nice .
We had our bags carried by car from La Soulie as the owner was going to mass @ 11 in Conques.
havew a nice walk and thee bags will be at The Abbey

MAISON LA VITA E BELLA

90, Place du 14 Juin
12300 Livinhac-le-Haut

Half pension.

"Free participation".
It's worth the money.

Would not hesitate to stay here.
The other one in the town recommended is now for sale.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back