• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

having misgivings 2nd time around!!!

jim garrity

Time of past OR future Camino
Malaga to cordoba
My second Camino was scheduled for last Tuesday! June 24!! My flight from Shannon, Ireland to Malaga was cancelled as i was about to board plane! I returned to Galway city and have not rebooked a return flight!i am having misgivings about returning! My first Camino - Camino Mozarabe from Malaga to Santiago ended in disaster in Cordoba after 7 days as my feet literally fell apart! A 54km day didn't help! I am being encouraged to return and redo my lost Camino!! Any thoughts????

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Return with the knowledge of what went wrong the first time leading to your being unable to continue. Note you did not fail you have had a lesson. Your feet have let you know, walk to far and they will require repair time. I walked the Camino three times never had a blister always vaselined my feet in the am and wore liner socks and a heavy outer. Very proud of myself then walked 46 km one day and as you described my feet exploded I had 3 inch long 11/2 high blisters. I then suffered like many before me for a few days. The whole journey is a lesson

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm sure you will know when the time is right Jim.

Well, the Camino is an option, not a duty. Maybe you need to feel the decision, rather than think too much about it. My not so profound philosophical thought of the day: you are ready when you are ready :)

Last edited:
My not so profound thought is: "soften your focus." I had a dream where someone told me this. It changed everything. Also, make sure your shoes fit well. I bought a 1/2 size larger the second time around. Feet swell so much after walking. One step at a time. I appreciate your courage.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sometimes a big push just won't budge a big stone and you'll blow your gasket trying:mad:……...but some gentle rocking will get it going.

Have you considered a different Camino? You can go back to the Mozarabe another time, but maybe you would enjoy something completely different this time because it wouldn't be about proving a point. Maybe get a flight to Bilbao and see where your feet take you? Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't go until you feel that you can't wait to go. Starting with doubts about it will not put you in a frame of mind to put up with the inevitable problems along the way. And don't walk so far or fast!

My second Camino was scheduled for last Tuesday! June 24!! My flight from Shannon, Ireland to Malaga was cancelled as i was about to board plane! I returned to Galway city and have not rebooked a return flight!i am having misgivings about returning! My first Camino - Camino Mozarabe from Malaga to Santiago ended in disaster in Cordoba after 7 days as my feet literally fell apart! A 54km day didn't help! I am being encouraged to return and redo my lost Camino!! Any thoughts????
Hi there , I am from limerick and have done a few recent caminos - all in the cooler north. 54 km down malaga way sounds like masochism. I never had serious blisters until I extended some daily walks to near 40k and sufferred the consequences for there's little chance of a quick recovery. The camino to me is about slowing down to reflect and enjoy and not to "endure". I would agree with tyrrek above. Dublin has direct flights to Bibao, Biarritz and Porto, all with good onward transport to various starting points for established caminos. They are all very interesting places to visit! Good luck in your decision.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back