• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

blog of camino aragones (on and around)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for your informative blog. I am considering this route and not sure where to start so this was very helpful. I want to go to Lourdes prior to starting my camino. I have been reading and rereading your information. Thank you for posting.

Hi caminka,
Really enjoyed your blog, very well done.
Particularly liked the the way the photos were presented in relation to the stage, so many lovely pics, gave me a real feel for the day.
Thought your route description was also very helpful.
Thanks
Col

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Gailsie, I started at Lourdes in 2009 and walked to Somport and then the Aragones route to Eunate and back up the Camino trail to Pamplona.
Starting at Lourdes gave us a real 'pilgrim' feel and the 6 days walking in France (Lourdes to Asson, Arudy, Oloron St Marie, Sarrance, Borce to Somport) was completely different to the Aragones. Once you cross into Spain, the green forests give way to a stunning but drier landscape. This is how I describe it in my book:

This is one of the most ruggedly beautiful Camino routes in Spain. From Pyrenean grandeur at the 1 600 m Col du Somport the path drops sharply to 400m in 7.5 km, into an ancient, crumpled valley formed by ashallow sea that covered Aragon some 100 million years ago. In places, the lunar landscape is spectacular with ingrained fossils of marine micro-organisms in the grey rocks.
Long before Charlemagne led his third expedition across the Pyrenees in the 8th century to become Master of Spain, the ‘Summus Portus’ was traversed by Romans, Vandals, Visigoths, Arabs and merchants. It is 160 km from Somport through Jaca to Puente la Reina where it joins the CaminoFrances and is well supplied with pilgrim shelters and small hotels. http://www.jacajacobea.com

Great memories! The Camino Aragones from Oloron is second only to the Le Puy route in my book. Thanks for the pictures.

thank you, guys! :D

I am really sorry the pictures don't always work. I keep reposting and checking, but they just tend to disappear. it really pisses me off!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.