• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A couple of new albergues on the Finisterre

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi All!

Just thought I'd mention a couple of new albergues on the route to Finisterre is case they don't appear in your guidebooks yet.

The Casa Pepa is at Santa Marina/Maronas, and is a private albergue with a bar downstairs. Run by a friendly couple and does a very acceptable pilgrim's menu. 12 Euros per night, so at the top end of albergue prices, but very nice. Breaks the long stage between Negreira and Olveiroa nicely, especially if the weather is serving up a monsoon.

The O Logoso (in Logoso a few kms after Olveiroa) is also private, friendly, and has a bar with food available. There is a lovely new kitchen area but unfortunately nothing to cook/eat with yet. They charged us 8 Euros a night ('winter offer') but I think once it gets a bit better known they plan to charge 12 Euros.

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Albergue in Finisterre

The municipal albergue in Finisterre was open in Nov last year

I've just been told that the Municipal in Fisterra is not open at the present time (Begoña is at Cabo da Vila which, by the way is new and recommended and on the way into town opposite the post office almost). I haven´t had a chance to get over there myself recently
to check but it´s something you might want to look into. Plenty of other options there anyway, but a bit more expensive...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back