• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Access to Albergues if you haven't walked before Santiago

Lozzle

HI everyone,

I'm currently walking the Camino from St Jean Pied de Port (arrive in León tomorrow!) and have just arranged for my lovely mum to come and join me in Santiago and walk to Finisterre with me.
Does anyone know if I can pick up a credencial in Santiago for mum that will get her access to the Albergues between Santiago and Finisterre? Or does she have to have a credencial that shows she walked prior to Santiago to be eligible for the Albergues afterwards?

Does that make sense? :?
Thanks!
Lozzle

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello,

When you are in Santiago ask at to the Galicia Tourist office regarding the Finisterre credential.Their staff is friendly and most helpful. Located at Rúa do Vilar, 30-32 they have a useful free multi-language listing of all the current facilities in every village found along the camino to Finisterre and Muxia. It also provides telephone numbers and bus schedules.

I have walked this route five times using a Credentials issued at SJPdP. In the past the first albergue at Negeira has always had new Credentials available for needy pilgrims. If all else fails prior to leaving Santiago you might make a simple Credential for your mother and have it stamped at the various village you pass en route to your first stop as proof of her walk.

Buen Camino!

How bizarre.. I thought I answered this post last week.. but here it is with my answer missing.
Feels like another time warp... :?:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The Pilgrim Office in Santiago sells credentials for .75 Euro, just ask.

falcon269 said:
The Pilgrim Office in Santiago sells credentials for .75 Euro, just ask.

Falcon - you and I are becoming like a double act!

The Pilgrims' Office will not supply credenciales for the route to Finisterre - either use an exisiting credenical or obtain a new one at the Oficina de Turismo de Galica at number 32 Rua do Vilar or at the first albergue in Negreira.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It is a little arcane I know, but when pilgrims ask for new credenciales they are generally asked which route they are going to walk. If they answer that the are going to use the credencial to walk to Finisterre then they are referred to the Tourist Office or the first albergue in Negreira.

Pilgrims who go to the Tourist Office can get Finisterre credenciales free of charge.

I don't know whether you were asked that or indeed what you replied. Maybe just as well! :)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back