• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation in Sigueiro

Tulle

Time of past OR future Camino
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
In the end of May I will be walking Camino Ingles in a small group. We have made reservations since we are a group, and now there is only Sigueiro left. I find there is a Hostal Miras there, but it seems impossible to book online. I have a telephone number, but since my Spanish is very limited, I don't like to call. Does anyone know an e-Mail adress? Or a mobile number? Then I could send a message.
Tulle - so looking forward to walking again!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I remembered hearing that a private albergue was opening in Sigueiro. Sure enough, it looks like it has opened:

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-o-fogar-da-chisca

That link provides both an email address and a mobile number. I've stayed in the Hostal Miras and it wasn't exactly luxurious, nor was it exactly spotless. But the people are very nice, and the food was hearty and filling. So this albergue might be a good option. Buen camino, Laurie

Oh! It is open..? I stayed in Miras last week and was overwhelmed by the kindness of the ladies of the hostal. I also heard some talking that they were thinking of opening an albergue. Seems someone in the town got the same idea.
To the original poster : call them , even with limited spanish. Like I said really friendly over there.

EDIT : 18 euro for albergue, more than the 16 of the Miras though.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
this is great news. We passed through Sigueiro in February on the Camino, and chose to stay at a roadhouse hotel a couple of kilometers beyond the town -- the owner came and collected us, then put us back the next morning. I don´t much like doing that, and have wondered for years why no enterprising person opened a proper hostal or albergue in that town! (Nice people and good food notwithstanding, my first experience with the hostal involved wet carpeting and a sopping-wet bed cover. Nunca mas...)

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.