• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Have a look at this Camino Primitivo Guide made by one of our members.

Albergues crowded in September?

pattimlin

First-time Pelegrino from Dublin
Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo, 7-20 September. 2014
Hi

As I start my camino on 7th September, can any experienced pelegrinos tell me if that is a particularly busy time on the route?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi

As I start my camino on 7th September, can any experienced pelegrinos tell me if that is a particularly busy time on the route?
I do know that it's a wonderful time on the Camino.
The heat of summer has passed and it is still generally dry.
It's warm enough for swimming and drinking chilled wine.
The pilgrim company is wonderful and I always found good accommodation.
I start again on Sep 12th.
Buen Camino my pilgrim friend.
Regds
Gerard

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
September is one of the two biggest months for departures from SJPdP. However, there will be sufficient beds. By the time you reach the later stages of the pilgrimage, crowds will have diminished sufficiently to make finding a bed relatively easy. Still, you will find plenty of companions.

Buen camino.
I should have said I would be doing the Primitive, which I'm led to believe is a bit quieter anyways. Thank you and Buen Camino!

Un aviso para los que estéis en Asturias el día 8 de septiembre. Ese día ce celebra la festividad de la Virgen de Covadonga, patrona de Asturias, por lo que es festivo en toda la comunidad. No tendréis problemas en restaurantes, pero quizás sí en tiendas y supermercados, ya que la mayoría estarán cerrados. Además, se considera festivo para los horarios de los transportes.

A warning to those of you in Asturias on 8 September. That day the feast of the Virgin of Covadonga, Asturias patron saint is celebrated, which is a holiday throughout the community. You will have no problems in restaurants, but maybe in shops and supermarkets, as most are closed. Furthermore, it is considered festive for transport timetables.

Hey Pat!, just read this thread you opened before your Camino. I remember you in our albergue some days ago! Hope you reached Santiago alright and enjoyed the whole experience! Take care, and Buen Camino! :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Back