• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

...and the Butafumeiro swung

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
Some amazing walking days behind me...Walked this morning in drizzle and then some rain, now the sun greets me. I have some days to kill and don't want to stop walking...what is a girl to do?
I've done Finesterre, I have done Muxia...almost repeated them both until I thought, " Ingles"....

Much to share about auberges etc... But will have to wait!
Thank you everyone for giving me the wind beneath my wings and the slight nudge to even consider the Norte!

Neve

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Some amazing walking days behind me...Walked this morning in drizzle and then some rain, now the sun greets me. I have some days to kill and don't want to stop walking...what is a girl to do?
I've done Finesterre, I have done Muxia...almost repeated them both until I thought, " Ingles"....

Thank you everyone for giving me the wind beneath my wings and the slight nudge to even consider the Norte!

Neve
Thank you Neve, for all your live feed back. I enjoyed your posts very much.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Si senor:)
In Neda as I type...got off the bus and kept on going.
I just can't stop walking....

Glad to hear you´ve made. :) I´m also glad to have been part of your Camino.:) And have been able to have met you as well.:)
Perhaps our Caminos will cross again in the future.........

Ondo Ibili !

P.S. - The Camino de Santiago ends in Santiago de Compostela but the Camino never ends.......... ;)
No doubt our Caminos will cross paths again my friend, no doubt!!!
Huge thanks for all you have done for this one, so fortunate you are on this forum!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well, if you haven't worn those boots out, you've got some miles in them yet.
Are you back in pants yet, or still preferring the skirt to walk in ?
Annie
Annie, I can not wait to follow your camino!!!!
I sent all pants ahead to Ivar with my tons of sea glass collected from the water ( I know not the smartest pilgrim to collect weight, thank God for Ivar as a place to send).
I walked last year in running tights and running skirts but this year ( Spring or the Norte , not certain the reason), the brambles would eat them up.....so that Macabi skirt was it!
I really liked it!!!! Got confused for a nun by one man in a town when he enthusiastically pulled up next to me in his car. My hair has gone wild this trip ( and I surrendered to it), so I clearly don't resemble a nun.
I carry bread for animals and the skirt has huge pockets that enable this too. Quick dry and mud when dries crumbles off of it, amazed how it shows no wear.
My shoes have been ultra light marathon shoes, ugliest shoe out there but convinced they are why I have zero blemishes on feet and can put in such miles. They are called Hoka Onye Onye Stinsons and while I think shoe preference is so personal these have done me well.

I carry bread for animals and the skirt has huge pockets that enable this too. Quick dry and mud when dries crumbles off of it, amazed how it shows no wear.
My shoes have been ultra light marathon shoes, ugliest shoe out there but convinced they are why I have zero blemishes on feet and can put in such miles. They are called Hoka Onye Onye Stinsons and while I think shoe preference is so personal these have done me well.

Wow Neve,
You are the greatest with feed back!

I would never have thought to carry bread for the animals. Good idea .
I usually share with sorrowful dogs when I'm stopping for coffee but I'll remember to carry some . What animals do you feed? I'm one who talks to all the creatures I see but I couldn't feed the sheep or cows. Although I've often given them grass from my side of the fence (it's always greener on the other side ). I saw squirrels on the Frances last year too.

Any input about footwear is always good to read up on and have taken your (personal) experience on board to digest.

When do you have to return home ?
It will be a wrench to leave as you must have a huge Camino family now.
Never far away on the forum though !
Keep on walking.
Annie

Ps. Isn't the Botofumeiro swinging awesome I ve got some footage on my iPhone from last September I look at every so often.

Extremely happy to read of your journey, Neve. Thank you very much for allowing us to be a part of it.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Neve

Buen camino! Follow the path in your heart Neve. Don't stop until you stop. That's how it works. Carry us all with you. Much love.

The Butafumeiro swung today (April 30th) also at the Pilgrim mass.

Joe

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back