• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone in brisbane want to meet up for a coffee and chat?

ward4e

Time of past OR future Camino
'13-French Way
'18-Via de Plata
'23-Gibraltair
Er... i know that reads like a bad pickup line, I feel so ashamed. Please don't blame me for the title it seemed appropriate.

Anyway I was thinking of passing the idea around of a meet up for those who are going like me & most hopeful souls and those who have been, so those who have the experience can impart tales of woe and triumph and we can console them with coffee and pastries..

I'm sure i'm making it sound better than it is but eh if i don't talk to someone soon face to face i'm going to think no one in Brisbane has heard of the walk!!!

I've been through dymocks & 3 other bookstores looking for books and more importantly maps and the amount of blank stares I get are both disconcerting and priceless especially when you mention its a 750+km walk... its a strange look.. found a lot of twilight garbage and a few Terry Pratchett novels but no Camino gold..

anyway idea is out there most Saturdays i'm free Sundays are tied up with family & mid week is a little difficult as i'm correcting some of my mistakes and training my huge frame to accept punishment at the gym every night..

So if you keen chime in... if not I will know for sure i'm the only fool in Brisbane dumb enough to do this!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
There seem to be plenty of would-be Camino-ers on this site. I am in Sydney where we meet for an informal gathering every month and about 25 turn up for either lunch or dinner. I have walked Caminos last year and this year and have heaps of info, most of which I have gathered from this forum. If you wish to send me a PM I can email you back.

well a few PM's later, few sms's I got to have breakfast with an awesome camino walker from Samford! It was great breakfast, talking about all her experiences, additional places to go additional things to see i was even more sold on the trip after several fears were put to bed.

I have to say after seeing the compostella & camino passport all filled in with all the sello's have a second hunger after taking photographs... SELLO HUNTING!!!! like stamp collecting but way more awesome.

Anyway I'm thinking of making this a once a month meetup but I have a feeling from the response that there aren't many of us future or past walkers in Brisbane.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,
I live in Noosa and am planning Camino Frances May/June 2012. Would be pleased to catch up some time and have a chat. I have met 3 people from Brisbane and 1 from Maroochydore who have done the walk.
My e-mail is llewp@tpg.com.au.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Ward4e
Down in the Valley at some of the outdoor shops I noticed some Camino books. Also, we got some at the old Borders store. However, most bookstores of any size will probably carry,"The Year we seized the Day" by Colin Bowles and Elizabeth Best. There are a number of Camino books written by Australian authors.
In our town, there are 8 people who have walked the Camino, so I am sure that you will find quite a few in Brisbane.
Sharon

Hi Ward4e

I am from Brisbane, and I have just joined this site.

I had never heard of the El Camino de Santiago until a couple of weeks back, but have been finding a lot of information through internet articles and photographs. I am very much the novice in this at this stage, but I am hoping my information gathering will lead to a walk during 2012 or more likely 2013.

I would enjoy any opportunity of "face to face" with any past or future walkers in the Brisbane area. I think any, and all advice will be helpful at this stage for me.

I am not an experienced long distance walker, though I walk approx 12 kms most mornings during the week and often a 16 km walk on weekends. I realize this will need more practice leading up to any Camino walk I undertake.

If there is an opportunity to meet and talk with other folk in or around Brisbane, please let me know.

Cheers
Neil

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey there,
I'm currently cutting a documentary on the Camino. Myself and a friend bought a donkey in the south of France and spent 2 months walking in the Pyrenees and later on to the Camino Pais Vasco and Camino Frances.
I live in Brissy and would enjoy meeting up.

Attachments

• the gang1.jpg
    the gang1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 6,313
Hi,
I just came across this site purely by chance, but if you're still around and interested, I'll meet up for a chat.
I live in Brisbane and have done 2 caminos, St Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre 2005 and Le Puy to Finisterre 2007. I'd never walked a day with a pack in my life before and am not a sporty type, but once I got it into my head to do it, I resolved to just take each day as it came. It was an absolutely fabulous experience and I would encourage anyone interested to make it happen. I hope to do it again and again, but it's not really on the horizon for me at present. I've come across numerous other Brisbane people who've done it or have a friend who's done it, there are plenty out there! Also, there are plenty of books about the camino in the Brisbane library system, but you have to search for them by title.
I'd be happy to make a time to meet up with anyone with questions about the everyday issues of the camino and have various camino resources. Just reply here.

Crap crap crap... work caught up with ME! hello everyone!!!! Sorry I've been running around like a blue arsed fly dealing with everything before I go I've neglected this thread!

So meet up? Breakfast? Weekend of the 10th?
Where is everyone based again? :|

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
ok people... seeing as i'm now in the final stages of procrastination before my 1st big packing test I will be chewing my way through the Ashgrove Bannetons Bakery drinking coffee this Sunday (18th!) from about 9-10 till closing..

They close the coffee machine at 2 and kick you out around 2:30 or 3 I forget. so I will have all my books there and a pack list... maybe a hangover we shall see. :roll:

If you in, cool. Look for a ginger with glasses... If not well I will there again the following sunday but I will be putting my post camino tips and stories up for anyone who wants them.

DONKEY!!!?! Chyman thats awesome! how much was the burro?

Neil... Sundays at bannertons, I have a few books you can read and chat about.

ward4e said:
I will there again the following sunday but I will be putting my post camino tips and stories up for anyone who wants them.
Planning to drop by about 10am on Sun 25th. I'm outta Brissy Aug23, SJPDP Sept 1st.
Giving myself 6 weeks for a relaxed walk.

Regds
Gerard

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hey Gerard,

I'll be there i'm playing host to a couple of friends so I'll probably be there from 9 till 11am. I'll bring a couple of books for you read to help you with your planning.

I'm in the throws of finishing my packing list and now my back pack is here I can do that.

Anyway catch you soon.

Well last Sunday was fun! Met up with Gerard brought a friend and lent some books!

Anyway this Sunday is my last Sunday in Brisbane before I fly out so if you can come cool will say hi and keep you posted if you cant will still give tips from abroad under this thread..

Wait what? I'm back? NO!!! i want to be back in Spain!!! I feel so robbed that i have vowed to return... With my brothers maybe in 2015?

anyway this is a quick hello and good bye as it have run and catch up with family.. You're next...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
55 days to go for me and I'd be very happy to catch up with any Brissie folks who have been or going. My forum member patch came in the mail today from Santiago! The pack is all ready to go.Cheers Jonathan

JonathanPT said:
55 days to go for me and I'd be very happy to catch up with any Brissie folks who have been or going. My forum member patch came in the mail today from Santiago! The pack is all ready to go.Cheers Jonathan
Hi Jonathan
Brisbane Camino Meeting Sat 4th at
Banneton Bakery Address
Shop 3, 584 Waterworks Rd 
Ashgrove QLD 4060
We're meeting to swap ideas and have some pastries and coffee from 9 or 9.30ish

Hope you can make it

Gerard Carey

hey hey...

so Satuday is on... more social if you have questions please some along! look for a ginger in black glassess burning in the sun! may be slightly later starting time have to go food shopping at Rocklea markets!

Brisbane Camino Meeting Sat 11th
Banneton Bakery Address
Ashgrove QLD 4060
We're meeting to swap ideas and have some pastries and coffee from 9:30ish

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey :) I'll come along - bring your photos, I'd love to see them!

I've done 2 caminos (see previous post) and have many books and much information, but am not currently available on weekends for suggested bakeries. Anyone in Brisbane can send me a PM to arrange a get-together at my place (Annerley) or anywhere reasonably central.

I am interested in forming a Queensland group. Any interest out there?

Buen camino

Therese

Yes, Wendy and I (Steve) will see you there tomorrow morning. We are from Tamborine Mountain and intend to do the Camino next April. How many do you think will be there tomorrow?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thero said:
I've done 2 caminos (see previous post) and have many books and much information, but am not currently available on weekends for suggested bakeries. Anyone in Brisbane can send me a PM to arrange a get-together at my place (Annerley) or anywhere reasonably central.

Buen camino

Therese

Yes Therese I am interested in a QLD group. send me details.
Elaine

Sharni said:
Hey :) I'll come along - bring your photos, I'd love to see them!

yeah? er... hrm well my laptop is dead so ah no.. not yet, i will get a tablet or an ipad soon so then you can browse!!

Hoping to talk my hubby into coming along today, if not perhaps next time. Would love to chat to someone who has done the walk, as well as exchange ideas and plans for future Caminos.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've done the walk and am going again and will bring my photos, books etc. See you there :)

lkaussie said:
Hoping to talk my hubby into coming along today, if not perhaps next time. Would love to chat to someone who has done the walk, as well as exchange ideas and plans for future Caminos.

well today was awesome... sharni's book was amazing!!! i am really jealous!

mmn may have to create my own book :p

Till next weekend I'll be droppping in here to check up and chat so yeah if you have questions I'm sure you will get answers out of someone online.

Yeah sorry, had a plumbing issue at a rental house which needed our attention. Hopefully will get to meet you another time, looking forward to seeing Sharni's book, sounds awesome!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Would love to, but a bit far from SW France. Starting near Condom 10 May 2013. Sooo excited, can handly contain myself and at the risk of becoming boring to all those near me! Have friends in Mary Valley, Lagoon Pocket B & B..... They will be amazed I have this plan. Buen Camino!

Brisbane Camino Meeting
Banneton Bakery Address
Ashgrove QLD 4060

Yesterday was very informative. After 3 hours of great company, lots of good coffee and enough information to help us enjoy our Comino, Wendy and I went home really pleased we had made the effort to drive the 150 km return trip. Thanks "Ward4E, Sharni and Gerard" we enjoyed the morning. Looking forward to April 2013.

Well,

over the last 3 days' i've been looking into flights again. So far its looking like 1800 to 2200 for April of next year.

Trying to get pricing back for September but its not looking great. :?: so I'll have to hit up STA travel and break out a deal...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'll be there this Saturday :) anyone else? Maybe we could brush up on our Spanish language as well. I'll bring my photo book again ;)

At this stage its looking good, so I'll be there from 9:15

I may have to duck off early about 10:15am / 10:30am I'm meant to be going through to my brothers house for his birthday

My first post - hello

I'm heading off to Madrid on the 15th Sept 2012 and then plan to walk from Leon to SDC. No real solid plans (makes me nervous just typing that).

Being time poor has prevented me from catching up with other Brisbane walkers but I have loved reading your posts and gleaning little bits of info.

I live in Bunya, in the Samford area and have trekked around the hills a bit, nothing too serious. Putting my faith in the pilgram process.

If anyone has some guidance regarding travelling from Madrid to Leon and then back to Madrid from SDC, I'd be very grateful. Older posts have discussed flying v's train or bus. Any personal experiences you'd be willing to share?

€60,-
Hi,
Im thinking of dong the camino (have no definite plans as yet and no idea where to start!) and would like to meet up with people for advice/stories/experience...

Thanks for your time and sharing so much Sharni.
I got on line and ordered John Brierley's book.
I really appreciate the advice about catching the train back to Madrid from SdC. I will try to book my ticket when I arrive in Madrid so I can get a better seat. Fingers crossed that will be enough time.
I will try to grab you some of that chocolate in Astorga to say thank you.

Hey hey,

So I'm tied up this weekend with family commitments and can't make to the usual meeting... oh god i used the "m" word!!! lol anyway I have to take care of my nieces! so so so .... DON"T stant on ceremony meet up pick a place, go to the same place, talk amongst your selves and for the love of god don't put off planning on things...

I will be aiming to be back on track on for the 1st saturday in September... which is the 1st of sept :| thats wierd... anyway have fun!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
michell-e-o said:
Hi,
Im thinking of dong the camino (have no definite plans as yet and no idea where to start!) and would like to meet up with people for advice/stories/experience...

talk to sharni... she & others maybe free for this weekend for a catchup & planning but but but... i will add a few links to help...

Thero said:

Buen camino

Therese
I have just joined this forum business, so not sure how it all works.
Yes I would like to part of a group in Brisbane. A the moment we live in Townsville, but are presently looking at moving to Brisbane, not easy after having spent 14 years in Townsville and having enjoyed it and of course having made some good friends.
Eight of us Aussies did the camino Frances recently, starting at SJPP on 1-6-2012 to end of June, we bussed from Burgos to Leon. Fantastic, very recommendable.
How can I find out more about this Brisbane group?
thanks
regards

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Luigino, as far as I know there isn't a Brisbane / Queensland group yet.
I suggested that if there's enough interest I'd be willing to set up a meetup group to facilitate meetups and share information and connections online. It doesn't have to be anything regular and can be very flexible.

Prospective peregrinos want information from people who've actually walked the camino, and many of those who've done it want to pass it on - seems like a good idea to me.

You're the third response I've had, I'll see how things go.

Cheers

Therese

Hi, anyone from the Sunshine Coast that has done the Camino? Also how did most brisbane people get to St Jean Pied De Port? Truly appreciate anyones help :)

Lots of information about the camino is online - one useful site with lots of information and links is the Confraternity of St James, (CSJ) based in London. csj.org.uk They also have annually-updated books for many routes.

How you get to St Jean Pied de Port depends on where you're coming from. To get there by train you have to go through Bayonne. Here is a map of France's rail network: http://www.raileurope.com.au/destinatio ... e-10?tab=2
and the French railway site is http://www.voyages-sncf.com

Make it happen! It's fabulous and will change your life!
Ultreya and Buen Camino
Therese

Hi Mindy 1 and Michell-e-o (and others)
I believe Ward4e will be at the bakery on Saturday (check previous posts for the address) he is a gracious "host" and recently back from the Camino. I can be there as well with photos, guide books etc. Cheers Sharni

Thanks Aussiemum!! It was lovely meeting you :)

I reeek of BBQ... so yeah friday is so hard when you have to cook a bbq for work mates. I always seem to singe my arm hair. meh...

I will definatley be there tomorrow morning from from from.... 9:15? I am hopefully headding to the markets before hand but if not i should be bang on time. I will bring myself my guide book & compostella to show you what your going to get and some rise & run maps baaasically the link i have posted up here.

I'd bring my books but two are out on lease right now and the 3rd has gone with Gerard on his trek. I may have to buy a 2nd Brierly guide and some more books...

Sharni always a pleasure when you come along... see how you go with your family but it would be good to see you.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Mindy1,
I live on Sunshine Coast. Sent you a pm with my contact numbers but you may not have got it. If not and you still interested in meeting someone from Sunshine Coast who has walked the camino send a pm reply to this e-mail and I will contact you.

ahh... the weekend.

So looking forward to a quiet coffee... :)

Four more days before I head off on my maiden journey, just from Leon this time but have been bitten by the enthusiasm and excitement - already planning my next more thorough trip.
I regret never having been able to meet up with more of you,but will aim to when I get back.
Had my last training walk today at Mount Glorious, start of the Oxfam walk. Just 3 hours of hills up and down to reassure me I won't struggle too much. My shoes are well worn in and my back pack is ready to go. Have my Euros and Spanish phrases easy at hand.
Hasta luego
Buen Camino

Adios! Buen Camino Auzziemum !! :)

Well once again I will be suffering absolutely suffering sitting in the sun drinking coffee tomorrow at bannertons... If you want to catch up come along, if not I will devour a croissant and work on a house sketch designs!!!

Also i have to figure out who took my books, I'm not worried but like children its nice to know once in a while where they are... If you have them please sms me to say hi my number is on the inside page.

ciao

ward4e said:
Adios! Buen Camino Auzziemum !! :)
If you have them please sms me to say hi my number is on the inside page.
ciao

Your Brierly map book is currently in Santo Domingo de la Calzada doing a fine job of keeping me on the straight and narrow

Regds to all
Gerard

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A review of the ¨China Southern¨ flight to Europe.

I´d booked the direct flight to Europe (choice of Paris or Amsterdam) which goes via Guangxhou with a seven hour stopover there.
It etd is 9.50am out of Brisbane but is usually delayed as I found out by listening to the radio nearly every morning for a month or so before departure.
I was delayed five hours and this cut the stopover to two hours, and thank god for that. What a depressing place to have to spend seven hours in. Dreary scruffy terminal building with nothing to do.
If you are a traveller you get used to that.
The flight from Brissy took 9 hours and the food and service was of a completely acceptable standard, as was the seat size, and I´m a six footer.
The flight to Amsterdam took 12 hours and the plane It appeared to be of a slightly higher standard, a little newer and a little more leg room.

It appears that if you want a stopover in China your flight the next day is on to Beijing where you catch a connecting flight to Paris or Amdam. It´s a bit confusing so check it out carefully with your travel agent.

So all in all quite a good trip, and if you can book early enough as I did and catch a good fare it´s a really good deal.

(I figure John and his son are on the way, a week or so behind me. Maybe closer as I´m just strolling to Santiago. I´m happiest doing around 15 clicks a day.)

Regards to all the Saturday club
Gerard

I am very excited to see there are some Brisbane and Sunshine Coast people online here. I live in Caloundra but visit Ashgrove quite frequently and would love to meet you all one day. My Camino is still quite a few years away...the next birthday ending in a '0', but I read this forum every day and daydream about it. I am writing this now from Ashgrove and only wish I was still here Sat morning to join you :) cheers Holly

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I made it! yay....
Had a great time meeting so many international pilgrims eager to talk about Australia and share their journey.
Santiago is wonderful.
And dry1
1st half of the trip was hot, hot, hot.
Hit O´cebreiro and the rain came and stayed.
Glad I took advice from the forum and bought an Altus pancho in Astorga. Worked a treat.
Looking forward tocatching up at a breakfast sometime after I return.

Congratulations Aussiemum :). Looking forward to hearing YOUR stories :) :)

hey, going to the markets first thing tomorrow... bit zapped from this week so was looking to lay low tomorrow. Anyway I will probably drop up to ashgrove from 9:30 till 10:30 to say hi.

Ginger Guy, red hair in a red shirt... should make things easy to spot. May or may not be working on sketches butter paper.

Zach.

Sharni said:
Congratulations Aussiemum :). Looking forward to hearing YOUR stories :) :)

+1 I want to hear all about it!!! the level of jealousy is amazing. :wink:

two coffee's in and an hour gone... sunshine was wonderful for my hangover.

Anyway half way through some floor plans I was chatted to by this lovley south african couple who I think were renovating... anyway they apparently went to sarria a few years ago and didn't make the connecion to walk to santiago?

anyway... nice people.

Till next week, red out..

not in this saturday... going to O'Reilly's plateau bush walking with friends. Hopefully 32km of fun!

€60,-
Aussiemum said:
I made it! yay....
Had a great time meeting so many international pilgrims eager to talk about Australia and share their journey.
Santiago is wonderful.
And dry1
1st half of the trip was hot, hot, hot.
Hit O´cebreiro and the rain came and stayed.
Glad I took advice from the forum and bought an Altus pancho in Astorga. Worked a treat.
Looking forward tocatching up at a breakfast sometime after I return.
Hi Aussiemum
congrats - I think I remember you posting before you left!. What time of year did you travel? and ... did you catch a plane direct from Brisbane - or did it fly to Sydney first? Would love to know. Welcome back!

Will be dropping into bannertons from 9:30 till 12 tomorrow.

Not bringing any maps, compostellas, or day guides just coming to say hi, drink coffee, work on some sketches and read a book in sunshine.

If you there good come and say hi, just look for a guy with glasses and a red shirt...

ciao.

Hi there everyone in Brisbane. Are you guys meeting regularly? I come to Brisbane often (maybe every month or so) and wondered if you do, I could tack on an extra hour to meet with you?
I'm in Coffs Harbour!! Going on my Camino April '13 (love saying that).

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Walking into Santiago tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Going the Pilgrim mass in the Cathedral at midday.
It´s been wonderful. Hoping the Botafumiero swings.
Regds to the saturday club

Gerard

I have my Nieces this weekend so I'm not going to Bannetons... I have a play-date? in tennerife park instead.

Sorry for the late msg.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi there, Been pretty interested in finding out more about doing a camino. Any meet ups happening in Brisbane still? :) cheers Coll

If anyone is interested in catching up, I am free this Saturday (first one free in ages) so I can be at Bannertons from 8.30am. I'll only be there if people respond on this thread :) I can bring my photos, books etc.

Back by demand... :)

Brisbane Camino Meeting
Banneton Bakery Address
Ashgrove QLD 4060

Ok ok ... yes I've been slack and i haven't been here but I have so many excuses and not enough time.. safe to say I'm depressed from not walking every day and I miss my huevo's & jamon tostadas for breakfast... :roll:

See anyone there from around 9:30... maybe a swap of venue next week?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'd love to catch up with others interested in the Camino, but seem to always have things happening on the Saturdays you catch up! ... next time!!!! Cheers Therese

Hi,
I'm up for this Saturday. So will be at Banneton's at 9:30am. Looking forward to seeing a few pics Sharni & others ... Coll. Coffe sounds good..

2nd week... I'm in if anyone else is keen just drop in.

Also I think there is a lurker or a first timer here on the forum who has my books. Stupidly I don't know her name but anyway I know you're a lurker or a first timer because Its been 3 months since you borrowed them and you asked me to write my name and number on the inside cover then poof... gone...

Look its ok, not angry but me no gusta... I really need them back soon as I have to prep another person for her walk so please bring my books back. I know you have my number just sms me.

Ok well Sharni.. may see you there if not I will chat to anyone who turns up.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,
I seem to have a few busy weekends in the lead up to Xmas, so won't be able to make it today. It was good getting some background information, and tips at the last meet-up. The photo book was great. 'Got me motivated, and started on looking at gear.
Cheers col

leaving to head over now...

looks like i'm going to be sketching over a coffee!!!

Hi All,

Are there still get togethers happening in Brisbane? I am keen to hear some stories and get some face to face advice. I live on Northside and I do, do shiftwork but if there are some get togethers I'd love to hear about them and hopefully I can make one soon

Cheers

€60,-
Hi I am new on this forum live northside in Brisbane and thinking of doing first camino in Sept 13. Would like to find out more from people who have done walk and those looking at doing it around same time.

Hi Sandy,

We are heading over 8 oct 2013. There does seem to be some get togethers that happen on the north side of brissy, I am waiting to hear back if there are any happening soon. I will PM you and maybe we could have a catch up I am also on the North side near the airport if you are keen

Buen Camino
taryn

I'm having trouble posting, will try from my computer

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Well that worked ??? Not sure why it didn't like my previous post. Anyway PM me and we can arrange a meet up.

Alive... christmas & newyears why? Why!!!!

Hey, everyone and welcome back! happy Newyears & merry "belated" christmas!

Hey Sharni! Did we want to start meeting up?

Hi
Not sure if my PM to Sharni worked as she offered to meet up with me for coffee and discuss her trip. If there is a group meeting on the horizon I would be interested. I have met some other ladies (at my gym) who are doing their first camino in Sept around the same time as me.

Sorry guys, I've been busy lately. But yes, I'm keen to catch up and chat. I'm not available until Sat 19th though.

Could be on the cards! My birthday dinners on the 18th so I could definatley be up for a meet up..

Hey Sharni, I'm thinking of making a sample pack of info for new pilgrims want to help? We can talk on Saturday.

Good day all,

There does seem to be a bit of interest on the northside of brisbane. A get together would be great, I know I would love to hear first hand the stories and advice from those who have been and also compare notes with those who are headed out soon.

Now that the holiday rush is over coffee and a chat would be great.

€60,-
Sure,

I can meet up this weekend for a few hours on saturday morning... Northside? how far are you coming from?

I am eager to meet up but like Sharni not available til 19th. This saturday will be busy "wedding" shopping for my daughters wedding.I am aiming to leave for first camino beginning of September straight after the wedding. I live in Boondall therefore northside is good for a get together.

Good luck with the wedding preparations!! Also congratulations to your daughter!

Ok will wait to hear form you guys soonerish... I am still heading to Bannertons Saturday for my Saturday rituals.

Catch you all soon.

ward4e said:
Sure,

I can meet up this weekend for a few hours on saturday morning... Northside? how far are you coming from?

Saturday morning could work for me I am out near the airport so anywhere northside would be fine.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yes, I am free on Sat 19th, I will bring my packing list, books, photos etc.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
sitting.... coffee and sunlight couldn't ask for much more. its great listening to people have freakouts about stupid shoes and what people were wearing lastnight. god i need to get back walking. id much rather ask how your feet are with boots in the pooring rain than in some wanky heel in the fortitude valley...

also the coffee is great here.no sign of anyone but that's normal...just gives me time to sketch.

I have gym til 8:45 am on Saturdays at Albion but able to catch up after that. Just let me know where and when
Have a great week
Sandi

How about 9am at Bannertons Bakery at St John's Wood. All welcome :)

€60,-
Hi All, if you have sent me a PM, I have read it but (intermittently) I cannot reply via PM using my mobile or iPad so I have to wait until my PC is fixed :(. Please don't think I am ignoring you! As stated above, I will be at Bannertons on Sat 19 from 9am, I will bring my packing list, books, photos etc. Hope to see you all there :). Cheers Sharni

Hi Sharni
I will definitely come but probably be a little late as I have gym until 8:45 at Albion not sure how far Bannertons is from that
Cheers
Sandi

So... getting smashed for my birthday on friday. So miss? we shall see.

Hi this will be the first Saturday I've been able to make it, but will not be able to get there till closer to 10am, look forward to meeting some of you!
Therese

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back