• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

April

Mic

Being really keen on walking from Leon and I am looking at my times of leaving - having to look at the amount of time I can take off work in relation to public holidays.
I am considering getting into leon for the 19th April, with a plan to leave Santiago on 4 May - would I be Ok with the Albergues on the last 100 km's or would I still need to be in by noon?
Sorry first timer
Mic

A selection of Camino Jewellery
At that time of year there should not be any problems to get a bed at a sensible time. Watch for increased trafic on week-ends. Also watch for Easter week-end, if it falls during the time you are walking.

Expect also cool nights in the mounts of Leon and in Galicia. Buen camino Mic.

Easter in 2008 is March 23rd. I'm planning to walk in April and May so I was relieved to find this out, we will be outside of the Holy Week madness. :mrgreen:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Count May 1st as well! This is the international Labor Day. Whenever this holiday falls during midweek, people take days off vacation to cover the gap for a "puente" or looong weekend and people who are doing the camino in short stages resume theirs! As a result, there's more traffic on trains and buses to main start points, more pilgrims on the camino = more demand for beds.

Thanks Lillian that is worth keeping in mind. I was in Paris this past May 1st. and it seemed like everybody in the city wanted to sell me a bouquet of "Muguet des Bois" Lilly of the Valley. It is traditional throughout France to buy a small bouquet of these every May Day.

Hi Dale,

Going back to your first message I see you will be in Santiago by May 4th, which means that around the holiday weekend you will likely be in the last 100 km stretch of the camino, the most popular for those walking a short distance. But do not worry about getting a bed, there are private albergues along the way, many having 100+ beds, that charge around 8 euro. These private albergues take reservations and will hold a bed for you provided you arrive by their specified time. Just phone ahead a day ahead and reserve!

You can find a listing at : http://www.redalberguessantiago.com. Click on the tab "Red de Albergues" and you will find all available by town. Under the "Folletos" tab you will be able to download a pdf version of a small booklet you can also find along the way in the private albergues and at tourist offices in larger cities.

If you need any help with your Spanish, just let me know or pm me!

Buen camino :arrow:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Lillian . I just enjoyed a slide show of your beautiful photos. I can hardly wait to see it all for myself.

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back