• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Australian Pilgrims - South Australia

jl

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Margaret / KiwiNomad and I have had a number of telephone conversations re starting a confraternity type organisation here in Aust. (and there in NZ!). I would love to see us, at some point, get to the stage where we can have our very own credenciale, and have copies of a number of constitutions from other confraternities with that end in mind.

Obviously with this great land of ours being so huge it will be very difficult to come up with something that everyone can get to and so I am placing this thread as a tentative one to see what sort of arrangements we can come to, and to see if anyone has any ideas on what to do.

As a starter, for SA at least, I would like to see if we could organise a function to have an informal chat. If you are interested in this please PM me with your contact details and I will get back to you. I already have a significantly long least of people who are interested in doing something - if you want to be on that list just let me have you details. I see that the south coasters in NSW are talking something similar.

My camino background is that I have walked three Chemins / Caminos, which are:-

2005 - Via Tolosana from Toulouse, onto the Camino Aragon and from there onto Punete le Reina where I followed the Camino Frances to Santiago.
2007 - Via Podiensis from Le Puy en Velay to St Jean Pied de Port - Roncevalles where I continued on the Camino Frances to Santiago de Compostela.
2009 - GR 65 beginning from Troyes down to Bar-sur-Seine and along to Vezelay, Via Lemovicencis to St Jean Pied de Port, Camino del Norte from Bayonne to Oviedo and then the Camino Primitivo from there to where it joins the Camino Frances at Melide and then onto SdC.
In 2011 it is my intention to walk the Camino Mozarabe to Merida, then the Via de la Plata to where it turns off to Orense and then follow the Sanbres to SdC.

Regards, Janet

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Janet, I tried to send you an email via the afotc address but haven't heard from you. Maybe it went through as spam. I am in training for Frances and will be staying at Middleton in October and want to know if Adelaide Hill, Waitpinga Hill, Cut Hill would be good training for Pyrenees. I mainly have flat country in Hervey Bay, with a few small hills and am currently able to do 16ks a day, but am worried about the mountains. I am 64 so need to train. Thanks Sriyantra

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.