• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bilbao accommodation

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I know from the guide books there are lists of places to stay in Bilboa...does anyone have a place they would highly recommend? I am thinking this will be my only "rest" day as I want to take in the town. I am not interested in a curfew in this town so I think I will stay away from auberges here.

Can anyone recommend a place they liked a lot?
Thanks in advance,
Neve

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It's expensive but if you're treating yourself have a look at the Hotel Miró opposite the Guggenheim.
They have a number of different packages which include museum tickets and it's the only hotel I've ever stayed at that served cava at the breakfast buffet.

I know from the guide books there are lists of places to stay in Bilboa...does anyone have a place they would highly recommend?
Well , I have stayed at the Bilbao Jardines Hotel which was fine so I retured again. It is reasonably price , smack in the middle of the old town - friendly reception
- look it up on Tripadvisor.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Susanna and I are walking the Camino Olvidado starting in Bilbao this summer, and we will spend the night at the Pensión de la Fuente, which is very close to the cathedral in the Casco Viejo. I can´t remember who recommended this place, but I´m pretty sure I heard about it on the forum. Very cheap, supposedly clean, 20 E for single, 35 double. Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.