• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Call me crazy but arriving in Sevilla, March 9, with guitar and......

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
OK then - as you asked, let me be the first: you're crazy! Sounds like the start of a great Camino, though. Please post some photos, and keep being dapper

Yep, crazy - but good crazy. You look at photos of people a few decades ago on hikes, pilgrimages, hill walking, and they seem to be wearing wool suits, ordinary shoes or boots, hats such as the fedora or trilby, and heavy canvas rucksacks (most likely full of bread, brie, olives, and wine, tablecloth, napkins and a corkscrew) ...... nowadays there is a costume for every activity. Costume to watch football, costume to play golf, costume to hike, costume to cycle .. each one has a specific costume, and there are magazines dedicated to which particular costume is the best - makes you wonder who the clowns really are - so, crazy? oh yes, but in a great way. Enjoy!! ;)

here some 1930's pics ..... I say no more!

roosevelt_muir.gif

bodenbachikers.JPG

1.JPG

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Yep, crazy - but good crazy. You look at photos of people a few decades ago on hikes, pilgrimages, hill walking, and they seem to be wearing suits, ordinary shoes, hats such as the fedora or trilby, and heavy canvas rucksacks (most likely full of bread, brie, olives, and wine, tablecloth, napkins and a corkscrew) ...... nowadays there is a costume for everything. Costume to watch football, costume to play golf, costume to hike, costume to cycle .. each one has a specific costume, and there are magazines dedicated to which particular costume is the best - makes you wonder who the clowns really are - so, crazy? oh yes, but in a great way. Enjoy!! ;)

"full of bread, brie, olives, and wine". Bang on David but what...,,,no chocolate?

Yep, crazy - but good crazy. You look at photos of people a few decades ago on hikes, pilgrimages, hill walking, and they seem to be wearing wool suits, ordinary shoes or boots, hats such as the fedora or trilby, and heavy canvas rucksacks (most likely full of bread, brie, olives, and wine, tablecloth, napkins and a corkscrew) ...... nowadays there is a costume for every activity. Costume to watch football, costume to play golf, costume to hike, costume to cycle .. each one has a specific costume, and there are magazines dedicated to which particular costume is the best - makes you wonder who the clowns really are - so, crazy? oh yes, but in a great way. Enjoy!! ;)

here some 1930's pics ..... I say no more!

View attachment 8533

View attachment 8534

View attachment 8535
Oh my gosh, David - those two chaps in the top picture look like snorers!

They do! Teddy Roosevelt & John Muir, on an extended hiking trip in the Yosemite in 1903. The one on the left is Teddy Roosevelt, John Muir was the founder of the Sierra Club. Serious outdoor types! (and most likely snorers too). Note the outdoor clothing? No, I didn't either!

This hand coloured photo is from a 1930's magazine highlighting 'modern' specific hiking clothing - so the trend to costumes started about then I guess ...

hiking-gear-from-the-1930s-modern-hiker-1024x787.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
They do! Teddy Roosevelt & John Muir, on an extended hiking trip in the Yosemite in 1903. The one on the left is Teddy Roosevelt, John Muir was the founder of the Sierra Club. Serious outdoor types! (and most likely snorers too). Note the outdoor clothing? No, I didn't either!

This hand coloured photo is from a 1930's magazine highlighting 'modern' specific hiking clothing - so the trend to costumes started about then I guess ...

View attachment 8536
OK, let's throw this down as a challenge to Steeltown Pilgrim. Post your photos, and we will have a compare-and-contrast moment!

hmmm..did I mention I'll be wearing a brand new, completely impractical dark brown steampunkesque hat?
I just like it.
Ok, I'll post a photo or two. I like that 1930's photo by the way, but there's no chance I'm wearing my below the knee ox blood Doc Marten's just for the challenge--stickin' to my boring Merrells. I plan to finish!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
a knapsack of the usual items...plus a nice blue umbrella, a few dress shirts and one pair dress pants. Yes, I am crazy ...that's crazy tired of wearing the same stuff all the time..
Peace, love

I think that is awesome:)

I think people often underestimate the psychological side of the Camino/long walk/trying something new. Though I cannot quote a survey/statistics, I think happy people can walk further and can carry more, therefore if what you're carrying makes you happier, you walk better with yourself. Made me happy just reading it.

Buen Camino:)

I will walk a few weeks after you, pity. I want to hear that you have been remembered well in the pueblos, so leave some signs...I have been looking at my pilgrim clothes and may revise my checklist, my hat though has to come, it is a "judy" hat, from my great Camino buddy in Colorado, see the little one I wear in the pic to the left, well with the "judy" you can't see my face at all, I hope I can see the "Way"...it's a very large hat to keep the sun off. Hope your Hat is more fashionable than mine, are you going to carry an "iron" to keep your dress shirts pressed? An American service man who walked with us always had a shirt with crisp creases, it was the way he had them folded in his knapsack. Unadara...

Oh, rats! I'll be ahead of you. I'd love to hear the music and see the steampunk hat. BTW, the last time I was on the VDLP I stumbled upon a petite Asian woman who had an enormous guitar slung over her shoulder and was smoking as she hiked.

And speaking of Teddy Roosevelt, I read the book "River of Doubt" about the expedition he led on an unmapped tributary of the Amazon River. His "people" had packed a hysterical assortment of extremely impractical things for the Amazon, like fine china, fine wine, luxe bedding, etc. because he was a famous person. It was eventually all chucked, and he was lucky he survived. Several of his companions perished.

Melanie

Oh, rats! I'll be ahead of you. I'd love to hear the music and see the steampunk hat. BTW, the last time I was on the VDLP I stumbled upon a petite Asian woman who had an enormous guitar slung over her shoulder and was smoking as she hiked.

And speaking of Teddy Roosevelt, I read the book "River of Doubt" about the expedition he led on an unmapped tributary of the Amazon River. His "people" had packed a hysterical assortment of extremely impractical things for the Amazon, like fine china, fine wine, luxe bedding, etc. because he was a famous person. It was eventually all chucked, and he was lucky he survived. Several of his companions perished.

Melanie

Sorry I'll miss you Melanie..you never know though.

If you are ahead of me, please write any time with any albergues you might recommend or suggest that I avoid.
Buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will walk a few weeks after you, pity. I want to hear that you have been remembered well in the pueblos, so leave some signs...I have been looking at my pilgrim clothes and may revise my checklist, my hat though has to come, it is a "judy" hat, from my great Camino buddy in Colorado, see the little one I wear in the pic to the left, well with the "judy" you can't see my face at all, I hope I can see the "Way"...it's a very large hat to keep the sun off. Hope your Hat is more fashionable than mine, are you going to carry an "iron" to keep your dress shirts pressed? An American service man who walked with us always had a shirt with crisp creases, it was the way he had them folded in his knapsack. Unadara...
hmmm....might depend on what I'm being remembered for...my hat will be useless as a sun hat, in fact it will probably soak up the sun and overheat me..ah well, it'll be -20 here tomorrow am so I'm ok with that..and the shirts are not That dressy, just not standard fare...and there will be creases...I do some things very well but folding clothes is not my forte..

Darn ! Wish you were going back on the Norte! Would just love to meet you :) As I was reading I thought maybe you were about to announce you were getting married on trail with such clothes and style!
Super excited for you!
The pictures above are awesome. I went to a Southern Women's college and tradition for over 100 years is hiking a mountain once a year...our dining hall was filled with pictures taken about 100 years ago of women in long skirts and killer boots :)

Left the albergue de peregrinos in Salamanca yesterday morning and am now home. I will try to update my thread 'Via de la Plata in February' before you leave. The albergues were cold but most had some type of portable electric heaters.
You may want to rethink your kit, there are a lot of arroyos to cross. Water is everywhere and mud! But it was still wonderful.
Buen Camino!

Darn ! Wish you were going back on the Norte! Would just love to meet you :) As I was reading I thought maybe you were about to announce you were getting married on trail with such clothes and style!
Super excited for you!
The pictures above are awesome. I went to a Southern Women's college and tradition for over 100 years is hiking a mountain once a year...our dining hall was filled with pictures taken about 100 years ago of women in long skirts and killer boots :)
Married?---yikes!!
Don't tempt me with Norte...soooooo want to do that one again! Who knows, I might even change my mind about VDP after a few weeks, I have no schedule..nothing is carved in stone.

Left the albergue de peregrinos in Salamanca yesterday morning and am now home. I will try to update my thread 'Via de la Plata in February' before you leave. The albergues were cold but most had some type of portable electric heaters.
You may want to rethink your kit, there are a lot of arroyos to cross. Water is everywhere and mud! But it was still wonderful.
Buen Camino!
Thanks, will watch for the update---and, ok, I'll bring gaiters!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Excellent, finally a pilgrim with couture! Just to let you know I often ski (especially on powder days) and ride my bicycle long distances in a short skirt. Ok, I'm wearing stuff under it... I have friends who ski in prom dresses. I didn't see any rule book that says walking a pilgrimage has to suck! Here's to ya!

I think that is awesome:)

I think people often underestimate the psychological side of the Camino/long walk/trying something new. Though I cannot quote a survey/statistics, I think happy people can walk further and can carry more, therefore if what you're carrying makes you happier, you walk better with yourself. Made me happy just reading it.

Buen Camino:)

I could not agree more!
Perfectly said!
Neve

Married?---yikes!!
Don't tempt me with Norte...soooooo want to do that one again! Who knows, I might even change my mind about VDP after a few weeks, I have no schedule..nothing is carved in stone.
I start walking the Norte on the 28th!
If your mind changes head my way! My first Camino on the Frances I had ZERO anxiety...this one starting to think I will be by myself a lot (and lost) . Your experience, with Tom and Audrey and others convinced me that I can do it BUT Easter was earlier last year and I think that it plays into population numbers and things being up and ready to serve...

I did buy myself a cute and sassy hat for the trip though...

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Excellent, finally a pilgrim with couture! Just to let you know I often ski (especially on powder days) and ride my bicycle long distances in a short skirt. Ok, I'm wearing stuff under it... I have friends who ski in prom dresses. I didn't see any rule book that says walking a pilgrimage has to suck! Here's to ya!
Thank you Robin and ,, uh hello!

I start walking the Norte on the 28th!
If your mind changes head my way! My first Camino on the Frances I had ZERO anxiety...this one starting to think I will be by myself a lot (and lost) . You experience, with Tom and Audrey and others convinced me that I can do it BUT Easter was earlier last year and I think that is plays into population numbers and things be up and ready to serve...

I did buy myself a cute and sassy hat for the trip though...
I really dont think the later Easter will affect accommodations. If I were running an albergue which traditionally opened on April 1, I wouldn't change the date--it's a seasonal thing really. On the other hand, the number of pilgrims should be much lower in the first two weeks of April relative to last year, but you'll have a busy 3rd week to look forward too if more company is needed.
...and I'd like to see that hat!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I knew I'd been spending too much time on this forum in the last couple of weeks and now look what's happened - I've just ordered a panama fedora and have decided to get back to the camino with it in a few weeks' time. Too easily influenced, that's my trouble!

I knew I'd been spending too much time on this forum in the last couple of weeks and now look what's happened - I've just ordered a panama fedora and have decided to get back to the camino with it in a few weeks' time. Too easily influenced, that's my trouble!
Hilarious..love it!

Over the years on the camino I have seen very varied walking attire. First climbing the Alto del Perdon in 2004 near the summit my knees throbbed and my nose bled. Eyes closed I rested on the side of the trail and perhaps fell asleep. Suddenly with a gentle tap on my shoulder “Are you all right?” asked a very British voice. I opened my eyes and saw a young man with long hair, wearing a gray kimono, black obi sash and wooden clogs! Was this an hallucination? After hearing that I was ok he walked on. ... That night at the refuge of the Padres Reparadores we met again. When queried the pilgrim still kimono-clad replied that he wore it because he “liked it”. ..To each his own.

MM

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I leave StJpdp on Mar 14- maybe we'll cross paths along the way. Is Steeltown a Pittsburgh reference? That's where my family is from- any Steeler gear thrown in there??

I leave StJpdp on Mar 14- maybe we'll cross paths along the way. Is Steeltown a Pittsburgh reference? That's where my family is from- any Steeler gear thrown in there??
No, not Pittsburgh, referring to Hamilton, Ontario, the steel capital of Canada. Might bump into you in Santiago as I may hang around for a few days.

"full of bread, brie, olives, and wine". Bang on David but what...,,,no chocolate?
Hi Steeltown Pilgrim - the chocolate wouldn't even make it into my pack ... !
Have a completely wonderful Camino and enjoy sharing your cool music whenever you can.
Take joy in every step and in every note -
Cheers - Jenny

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well, to all those who have followed this thread, I have to say that, the night before leaving I have decided not to walk the Via de Plata,. Instead, I will walk the Frances starting in Pamplona and quit likely veer onto to the Salvador up to Oviedo, then to the Primitivo or El Norte. My plan was always to be spontaneous so I guess I have already started. This is a good decision for me and I am very excited about it.

Brave move. Or not ? I too would love to go on the shorter diversion routes off the Frances but am focused on the Plata. I was thinking today" go to my appts next Mon, osteopathy/acupuncture, Tues my sister's Month's mind Mass, then hop a flight Thurs, run to catch up with the Man in the Fancy Hat"...lucky i didn't book a new flight ?
Best of Luck with new plan. I am not leaving until 8th Apr so hope to read How you are entertaining all the Pilgrims in Granon etc...Safe flight.

I have read some of your recent songs and look forward to the sequels, know now Why other poster said you coming to get married! ?. Enjoy every step of the Way.

Last edited:
Not so much brave as practical. Generally, I like solitude, but I'm just not feeling that way at the moment..feel like enjoying a bit more human contact.. I have 6 weeks..there's lots of time for everything..., comradery, solitude, days off, walking fast, walking slow, singing ,writing, thinking, drinking....going without a schedule.

Last edited:
Not so much brave as practical. [...] there's lots of time for everything..., comradery, solitude, days off, walking fast, walking slow, singing ,writing, thinking, drinking....going without a schedule.
Practical? Then you'll know that self discipline has its long term advantages.:confused:

LFitz? are you recommending we bring bog snorkelling gear! Would gaiters be any use through water? Just keep taking the boots off or taking the road detours? Not going till Apr so maybe there will be a change, no change here in Ireland, keeps raining.

Hello Steeltown Pilgrim, Good luck enjoy. I might meet you, arriving in Seville on 11th March. Might start on 12th will walk for 2 weeks. I will be the one with the 35mm Camera around my neck.

Cheers

€46,-
Hey Steeltown, taking a guitar is awesome - there were so many times I wish I had one with me. Just curious: Are you carrying a full-sized, travel or backpacker guitar?

Hey Steeltown, taking a guitar is awesome - there were so many times I wish I had one with me. Just curious: Are you carrying a full-sized, travel or backpacker guitar?
Travel guitar-not quite the same but dies the job....more or less

So, Steeltown Pilgrim, buen camino, I take it you are on your way. Keep an eye on the weather, because last year people got really walloped by the snow on the Salvador. Look at post #7 of this thread -- jpflavin walked in April and had a rough time getting across from León to Asturias. The rule of thumb seems to be that the people in the city of León are not likely to have as up to date information as in Pola de Gordón or La Robla, so you should check there before setting out from Buiza to Pajares and beyond. But it is an amazing camino, and I hope you have a great time. Let us know how it goes for you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Steeltown Pilgrim, Good luck enjoy. I might meet you, arriving in Seville on 11th March. Might start on 12th will walk for 2 weeks. I will be the one with the 35mm Camera around my neck.

Cheers
Buen Camino Dermot, can you keep this forum alerted re arroyos, sunshine and advice, I'll be a month behind you from Seville...

So, Steeltown Pilgrim, buen camino, I take it you are on your way. Keep an eye on the weather, because last year people got really walloped by the snow on the Salvador. Look at post #7 of this thread -- jpflavin walked in April and had a rough time getting across from León to Asturias. The rule of thumb seems to be that the people in the city of León are not likely to have as up to date information as in Pola de Gordón or La Robla, so you should check there before setting out from Buiza to Pajares and beyond. But it is an amazing camino, and I hope you have a great time. Let us know how it goes for you!
Thanks Peregrina2000, I'll be wary. I'm going to make things up as I go along---getting emotionally burned up by the las 24 hrs of the Frances!!! Having a little trouble with this Forum app so check me out on Facebook anytime --all welcome!

Thanks Peregrina2000, I'll be wary. I'm going to make things up as I go along---getting emotionally burned up by the las 24 hrs of the Frances!!! Having a little trouble with this Forum app so check me out on Facebook anytime --all welcome!
Steeltown Pilgrim is currently on the Camino Frances, not Via de Plata. In Gragnon tonight.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Over the years on the camino I have seen very varied walking attire. First climbing the Alto del Perdon in 2004 near the summit my knees throbbed and my nose bled. Eyes closed I rested on the side of the trail and perhaps fell asleep. Suddenly with a gentle tap on my shoulder “Are you all right?” asked a very British voice. I opened my eyes and saw a young man with long hair, wearing a gray kimono, black obi sash and wooden clogs! Was this an hallucination? After hearing that I was ok he walked on. ... That night at the refuge of the Padres Reparadores we met again. When queried the pilgrim still kimono-clad replied that he wore it because he “liked it”. ..To each his own.

I shall be wearing a full-length 'Arabic- style-' coat, with a scarf tied Berber (Sahara) style round my head.
Both for practical reasons (to protect my lightweight trousers, and my head from the sun) and to acknowledge both the wonderful Muslim heritage of Spain and my teacher who is sending me on this pilgrimage.
When I reach Santiago I'll change my grey-striped coat for a flaming red embroidered lightweight Moroccan one, to celebrate.

I shall be wearing a full-length 'Arabic- style-' coat, with a scarf tied Berber (Sahara) style round my head.
Both for practical reasons (to protect my lightweight trousers, and my head from the sun) and to acknowledge both the wonderful Muslim heritage of Spain and my teacher who is sending me on this pilgrimage.
When I reach Santiago I'll change my grey-striped coat for a flaming red embroidered lightweight Moroccan one, to celebrate.

Try to find a copy of the French film "St Jacques Le Mecque". It's very funny and takes its title because one of the characters walking the Camino thinks he is walking to Mecca.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Will Jamilla wear a special bonnet? On the camino where I am known as Margaret or Marguerite many older French pilgrims often ask me where is my hat. La Vache et le Prisonnier (English version: "The Cow and I") is a French-Italian picaresque tragicomedy movie from 1959 starring Fernandel and a cow named Marguerite; as they wander together through the countryside she sports a memorable droopy straw hat with slits for her ears.

...the French film "St Jacques Le Mecque". It's very funny and takes its title because one of the characters walking the Camino thinks he is walking to Mecca.

Oooh, thanks, Kanga - I'll look out for it.

Margaret, I thought about it, but fitting one over her ears, even with slits cut, is a bit difficult. Besides, I have to make boots for her, after seeing the arroyos I didn't take into consideration, and that's enough I think...

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hello Mum,

Quite a fashion statement !!!! But more interested in whether Jamilla gathers speed due to the carrot, the stick or the squirt of lubricating oil now and again.
I do not agree with the beating of donkeys.

Eeyore.

I would NEVER, EVER beat Jamilla. ( She is, after all, my alter-ego, and 'oil' I have. )
But she's already 24 carat to me. The stick I may have to take will be for beating off inquisitive dogs. Unless you know of a better deterrent?

I would NEVER, EVER beat Jamilla. ( She is, after all, my alter-ego, and 'oil' I have. )
But she's already 24 carat to me. The stick I may have to take will be for beating off inquisitive dogs. Unless you know of a better deterrent?

Unlike France I have never had a problem with dogs in Spain, maybe its just too tiring chasing so many pilgrims. You will be fine.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You know, when I took Jamilla out for her first walk everyone we passed just acted as if it was the most natural thing ever to be hauling a full-sized donkey on wheels round the streets of London. Everyone, that is, except the dogs - every one of which had a different (and totally uncensored) response. But they all acted towards her as if she was a real live donkey (or dog?).

Most were friendly - the last one we met was overly so, and would have tried to hump her had his owner not called him off - but one stood off to the side and barked furiously at her for about a minute, before being fed up at her non-response and running away.

It was then I thought maybe she could be actually attacked if we met, say, a pack of dogs out on the razzle.
I don't quite have an answer - do YOU have any ideas?

Should be in Ourense shortly, ie in a few hours, depending on how many more breaks I take

Steeltown Pilg was here a couple of nights ago, but yesterday took the train down to Puebla de Sanabria to rejoin the Via de la Plata. He was wearing regular clothes, far as I could tell, except a rather impractical but dashing porkpie hat.
Nice guy.
I never for a moment considered that hat practical which, of course, was one of the reasons I bought it in the first place.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
OOh, Orense! Try to take time to cross the river and go to the Japanese thermal bath! I think it´s a mere 5 Euro, and oh so worth it! Your muscles will thank you.

OOh, Orense! Try to take time to cross the river and go to the Japanese thermal bath! I think it´s a mere 5 Euro, and oh so worth it! Your muscles will thank you.
Actually, I'm really close already as we were taken to the hostal near the train station--albergue is closed due to "politics" . For 22 euros: a shared bathroom complete with a non hardly working shower and toilet, wifi included but doesn't work in the room. Room is at least warm and I get a king sized bed for lonely ol' me. Sometimes you get less for more $.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Fraternal greetings to Steeltown Pilgrim, Canada, from over here in Steel City, UK. Apart from its world-renowned forge mills and specialist craft metalwork, Sheffield attracted fame for the movie, "The Full Monty", where the objective of the exercise appeared to be to lose as much personal clothing as possible. Thankfully, you have avoided the temptation to lighten your pack by following suit. Buen Camino.

Sheffield James

Fraternal greetings to Steeltown Pilgrim, Canada, from over here in Steel City, UK. Apart from its world-renowned forge mills and specialist craft metalwork, Sheffield attracted fame for the movie, "The Full Monty", where the objective of the exercise appeared to be to lose as much personal clothing as possible. Thankfully, you have avoided the temptation to lighten your pack by following suit. Buen Camino.

Sheffield James
I met a pilgrim from Scunthorpe, UK last night in Xunqueira and I think he said his town was "steeltown" UK.

Lots of industrial northerners about these days, we had a Yorkshireman in Mass with us today.

I don´t got to tell you where the Steel City is...

I met a pilgrim from Scunthorpe, UK last night in Xunqueira and I think he said his town was "steeltown" UK.

Sheffield and Scunthorpe are not that far from each other geographically. One may well be known as 'steeltown' but the other is definitely the 'steel city'. Say a hello to your friend from me when you see him next.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back