• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Aragonés

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Great place, Javier. From Pamplona, I took a 'day off' from the camino and visited Javier by bus, came back the same day to Pamplona and resumed the walk the day after.

Despite not being on the Camino Frances, the site had a special meaning to me as our town's patron saint is St. Francis Xavier and 2006 was a big year for the saint. I could've walked Sanguesa-Puente la Reina the next day as per Jochen Schmidtke's suggestion, but I just cannot resist going back to that homely refugio Casa Paderborn for one more night. Thankfully they let me in for another night.

Mark

Castillo de Javier

Mark. Last year I was as Volunteer in Javier, because was the 500 anniversary of San Francisco Javier´s birth.-
Do you speak some spanish words ? And do you live in Filipinas-en español-?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Javier,

Las Islas Filipinas were a Spanish colony for 300 years, so almost half the vocabulary we use contains borrowed Castellano words. But we don't speak Spanish anymore. We were an American colony for a few decades, that's why almost everyone speaks English...mostly good English with bad diction.

So much for the history lesson. Sadly, only a few Filipinos get to walk the camino because of the cost. We do have pilgrim trails here though. It was pleasing to see that in the world pilgrimages map in the Museo de las Peregrinaciones in Santiago.

(Check out the Javier photo in my personal gallery.)
[edit by Ivar: We have removed the photo gallery function since this post was made]

Mark

Most read last week in this forum

I got a WhatsApp a little bit ago and also saw here on the forum that @Vacajoe posted that the pilgrim albergue in Canfranc Pueblo will be opening April 16.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back