• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid by bici

morleydon

Getting set for my journey to Santiago por bici. Flying into Madrid June 12 and hope to spend that night in Tres Cantos. Anyone have experience with the albergue there? My son and I hope to get to Santiago in 10-12 days. I've been doing lots of riding here in the States, both on and off road, so I'm ready. Any other tips for our trip?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
morleydon said:
Getting set for my journey to Santiago por bici. Flying into Madrid June 12 and hope to spend that night in Tres Cantos. Anyone have experience with the albergue there? My son and I hope to get to Santiago in 10-12 days. I've been doing lots of riding here in the States, both on and off road, so I'm ready. Any other tips for our trip?

Talk to some of the more experienced forum Mardrid members, you will learn a lot very fast.

Hunt through the various files and strings. I've been following the weather for the past two months daily and my understanding is that its going to be hotter than hot in June. Watch your hydration on the bike. Keep a good level of isotonic drinking (water will bloat you and increase chances of dehidration). Also from my scoping of hundreds of photos and analysing the terrain from them, there are more than a few spots off road in which you will need to run on low pressures in order to compensate for the sucky sand (looks loose, dry, fine and deep, so slow! I will be very interested in your experience. :(

Hows your kit comming on? There is an experienced kit list that can be made available drawn from numerous riders experience. Finally, looking at the Roman road throught he mountains, take some spare spokes (temporary coild ones) and always wear sunscreen! :wink:

Buen Camino!

NB: if you are taking your mobile and can hold twitter, open and account and cyclists planning will follow you to get your expereince. you also get the added bonus of positive vibes and a bunch of prayers. A coupleof forum chaps have done this on various routes... invaluable.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.