• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino DownUnder Course - 2nd Feb 2013

Pumbaa25

Time of past OR future Camino
{Sept 2015}
G'day All,

I am attending this course and was wondering if anyone from the Hunter valley or Central Coast is too ?

Hooroo for now,
Joe

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Jo, no i wont be as i am in Thailand at that time however i am around til early March sometime so if you want to catch up that would be great. I am at Bateau Bay.. I did my Camino July/ August last year and more than happy to swap stories and advice etc... cheers Rob.

This course looks interesting. Has anyone been to one and can recommend it? The cost is quite high so I would hate to go if it isn't really worth all that money. Please advise if you can. Thanks - Mary

Hi Mary,
I havent been to that one but Ive been to a similar one in Melbourne. For me I didnt get too much from the one I went to, in part because Id already researched alot from the forum and from this had more up to date info than the presenters as they'd last walked in 2006. But Id recommend it if you dont have time to research and would like to meet others. You always learn something new. If money's tight however, use the forum for all your research as it has everything. Hope this helps.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
2 February is also the date of our next Sydney pilgrim meeting. It will take place at the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street at noon.

It's an informal gathering and we provide information about different Camino routes, make gear recommendations and generally answer all your questions.

Hi Jo,
I don't know much about the Camino course, however I would be happy to answer any of your questions . I cycled my first Camino in July /August 2012 and really, really loved it! (SJPP /Santiago / Finisterre / Valenca )..wonderful, wonderful memories.
Feel free to contact me...would be happy to help you get inspired! :) maritagarzoli@hotmail.com
from Marita, Cairns

julie said:
2 February is also the date of our next Sydney pilgrim meeting. It will take place at the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street .

IMHO this is a much better option than a $175 a head "Camino Training Course" there are similar groups in many Australian capital cities and most meet without any attendance cost, ($175 goes a long way on the Camino)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for your opinions. I have decided that the cost of the course is too high and agree that this forum contains wonderful information. I will try to make the meeting in Sydney on 2nd Feb. instead and look forward to meeting up with other past and future Camino walkers - Mary

Hi Mary

Welcome. This is a great forum where your can learn heaps.

More than happy to share my experiences about the camino. Feel free to PM me and check out some of my posts
Sharon

Thanks Marc for the great day on Saturday 2-2-13 and the amount of info was just awesome.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.