• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances in scanning mode

koknesis

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2014
CA&CS 2015
VdlP 2017
CP 2018
CM 2019
Walked Camino Frances in 22 days. No blisters, no injuries, no enlightment. However got answers to the questions I was looking for. Now in Muxia.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Sorry, i'm affraid mine wont help you. You need to find your own answers.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Say hello to Begonia in Muxia for me!

Actually, the dominant feeling now is emptiness. It may sound strange, Camino gave me a lot, but also took both physically and emotionally. Perhaps thats the point. Now I have a chance to fill up with a new content.

Walked Camino Frances in 22 days. No blisters, no injuries, no enlightment. However got answers to the questions I was looking for. Now in Muxia.
A faster scan by Jenny Anderson:

As the sun came up, I was exhilarated. Though the pain was grueling, I was too excited to pay attention to my screaming body. By 11 am, I arrived at the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela. Bagpipes were blaring and tears rolled down my face. I did it! I proceeded to celebrate my journey with my amazing family. Without them, my journey would have been tougher and much more grueling. I am blessed beyond belief.

507.8 miles in 9 days, 5 hours, and 29 minutes

(total running time = 4 days, 15 hours, and 14 minutes)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you want anything more than an outline, you gotta take the time needed to read the book. An evening or two cruising through tapas bars does not mean you know Spanish cuisine. Likewise, if you go into the camino on "scanning mode," you can't expect to get a whole lot of "enlightenment" out of the experience. (Congratulations on pulling out some "answers.")
The Camino de Santiago is not a feel-good self-improvement workshop. It can be a real spiritual journey, but it requires some personal investment.
You get as much as you give. And sometimes you get a whole lot more.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you want anything more than an outline, you gotta take the time needed to read the book. An evening or two cruising through tapas bars does not mean you know Spanish cuisine. Likewise, if you go into the camino on "scanning mode," you can't expect to get a whole lot of "enlightenment" out of the experience. (Congratulations on pulling out some "answers.")
The Camino de Santiago is not a feel-good self-improvement workshop. It can be a real spiritual journey, but it requires some personal investment.
You get as much as you give. And sometimes you get a whole lot more.

Thank you Rebekah. You may know better how long it should take. For me the Camino was people i met.

It takes away what one might want and gives what one might need. Sometimes answers are found to questions we did not consider to ask.

Yes, beautiful people.

Last edited:
Three quotes from Robert Louis Stevenson:

There is no foreign land; it is the traveller only that is foreign

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere. I travel for travel’s sake.

And lastly for all those who experience a sense of anti-climax at the end of their Camino

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It feels very "meta-communication". Not actually sure what is being asked, stated or said. Then again, I am very concrete.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Congratulations on being able to understand and take answers from the Camino by scanning it.

After 14 years it is still a book that puzzles and challenges me. The more I know about it the more I understand how little I know.

I believe that in order to learn something or appreciate something, a pilgrim must not be in a rush. You may go by what you were looking for, or miss a lesson you were to learn. It's great that you were able to walk the Camino in such a fast time. Plan another one and savor the experience.

Just one question: why did you open this topic?

I too was a bit confused by this. But thinking about it, I appreciate that he started this thread. Everyone's camino is personal. The OP chose not to reveal what questions were answered for him-- that's his choice.

But it does remind me not to rush through my camino. Not to focus on my time, my mileage, my splits, my expectations-- instead, to let it evolve.

I appreciate being reminded of that.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Why bother? Don't have 500 miles of road at home you can walk/run? Why go all of the way to Spain to just do a predetermined distance in a small amount of time?

Why bother? Don't have 500 miles of road at home you can walk/run? Why go all of the way to Spain to just do a predetermined distance in a small amount of time?

No worries. Have done over 1k miles before camino this year. Does this change anything?

Your Camino your way. If you got your answers in 22 days then thats great. I walked for 34 days and didn't get any, but they came much later when I returned home.
I wish I had your energy. :)

Edit: Removed "its"

Last edited:
Perhaps it is time to summarize somehow. At the end of Camino I understood that it is a penance for me. Not a spiritual journey, or a way to discover anything. I did not rush, just walked the way as I felt it.
I do not think I will walk again. I heard the answers. I hope I will never forget them.
It was nice to be with you for a while, but now it is time to move on.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back