• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles - Jun 2014

roberto.ea

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles (Jun 2014)
Greetings everyone!

I'll be walking my first ever Camino this June. I decided to do the Camino Ingles as the route seems to be gentle enough for me (I pretty much live a sedentary lifestyle, but have just started doing some light exercises regularly as a preparation for this Camino, though).

My original plan was to fly to La Coruna from Amsterdam with Vueling on Jun 28 and then take a bus from there to Ferrol and the proceed with the walk. Unfortunately, I was just informed that they cancelled the flight as they're restructuring their operation (they will no longer have direct flights from Amsterdam to La Coruna). After some discussion, they decided to put me on a flight to Santiago on Jun 26.

This flight change means that I will need to adapt my plan accordingly. I was thinking to take a train from Santiago to La Coruna and then to Ferrol. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or bus will be better?

Or, as I will already be in Santiago, perhaps there are another route that will be more interesting but still gentle enough for me? I plan to finish the walk in at most a week.

I'd be glad to hear your opinions. Thanks!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi
Is there a reason you particularly want to go to La Coruna ? If not there is a bus from Santiago to ferrol saving heading to La Coruna at all.

Greetings everyone!

I'll be walking my first ever Camino this June. I decided to do the Camino Ingles as the route seems to be gentle enough for me (I pretty much live a sedentary lifestyle, but have just started doing some light exercises regularly as a preparation for this Camino, though).

My original plan was to fly to La Coruna from Amsterdam with Vueling on Jun 28 and then take a bus from there to Ferrol and the proceed with the walk. Unfortunately, I was just informed that they cancelled the flight as they're restructuring their operation (they will no longer have direct flights from Amsterdam to La Coruna). After some discussion, they decided to put me on a flight to Santiago on Jun 26.

This flight change means that I will need to adapt my plan accordingly. I was thinking to take a train from Santiago to La Coruna and then to Ferrol. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or bus will be better?

Or, as I will already be in Santiago, perhaps there are another route that will be more interesting but still gentle enough for me? I plan to finish the walk in at most a week.

I'd be glad to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Hi Roberto. Welcome on this forum

You can send me a personal message Click on the picture and you'll see "start a conversation "
Click on that and you can send me a personal message.
My wife and I will start the camino Inglès from Ferrol mid of May next and we will mantain a travelblog in Dutch so if you like to follow us day by day, send me your emailaddress and read about our experiences on our second camino.

Best regards from Rotterdam

Albertinho

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi
Is there a reason you particularly want to go to La Coruna ? If not there is a bus from Santiago to ferrol saving heading to La Coruna at all.
Hi!

No, not really... I simply checked the train route and that's the shortest one I could find.
(I used these sites:
http://hafas.bene-system.com/bin/query.exe/en?L=profi
http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Santiago-de-Compostela/Ferrol)

Thanks for the info! I'll look into that option.

Hi Roberto. Welcome on this forum

You can send me a personal message Click on the picture and you'll see "start a conversation "
Click on that and you can send me a personal message.
My wife and I will start the camino Inglès from Ferrol mid of May next and we will mantain a travelblog in Dutch so if you like to follow us day by day, send me your emailaddress and read about our experiences on our second camino.

Best regards from Rotterdam

Albertinho

Hi Albertinho! I have sent you a personal message.

Last edited:
As Johnnie said above it is a simple as that. Arrive, go upstairs, by ticket, go back down and off you go. I did not have to wait long when I did it. Pay attention to where you are when on the bus to Ferrol as you pass through the Camino area, at one point even along it! When you walk back you find yourself thinking "Oh yes, I remember this".

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just finished my first ever camino, 2 days earlier than planned (6 instead of 8 days). It was an interesting experience, to say the least.

Still yet to attend the pilgrim's mass tomorrow as I arrived in the afternoon. I hope I'll have the chance to see the botafumeiro swinging!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just finished my first ever camino, 2 days earlier than planned (6 instead of 8 days). It was an interesting experience, to say the least.

Still yet to attend the pilgrim's mass tomorrow as I arrived in the afternoon. I hope I'll have the chance to see the botafumeiro swinging!
Congratulations Roberto. Well done !

Sampai jumpa

Thanks! I won't do much here in Santiago this time, will probably just attend the mass and that's it. I will come back later. ;)

I'll go straight to Madrid to meet my camino friends who had to go home early and flaunt my certificates. :D

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Well done on completing the Camino hope you enjoyed it.

How was the weather?

Two weeks and I will be doing the same :)

Weather was not too bad. There were some occasional rains, but not too severe. That being said, I would still recommend bringing some sort of rain jacket.

I only brought a pocket umbrella and while it was sufficient, having to hold my umbrella up for hours when I was tired was definitely no fun.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.