• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Inglese in June

Sol14

Time of past OR future Camino
none
Hi kind people,
We bought the flights and I became increasingly anxious about how are we gonna do it. .We plan to start in Ferrol and we have 9 days; we do detour to Coruna.

What do you advise us to wear? I walk usually just to my car and back. I worry about not having stamina to carry things which are unnecessary ?

What kind of boots would you advise? Can I walk in my running shoes? My 'walking boots' are very old, very heavy and in recent years I have been putting them on only for walking in the snow..

Accommodation..Do I have to book it now? There appears to be overwhelming number of hotels and hostels. Which ones would you recommend. Do we need sleeping bags?

Foremost do you think it is manageable to do route like below (for someone with sedentary lifestyle) in the mid June?
  1. Santiago ferrol by bus
  2. Ferrol -Neda 14K
  3. Neda - Pontedeume or Miño 20K
  4. Pontedeume or Miño -Bruma 20 k
  5. Bruma A Coruña 25K
  6. A Coruña Bruma 25K
  7. Bruma Sigueiro 24 k
  8. Sigueiro Santiago 16 K
  9. Santiago

Your help will be much, much appreciated!!!
Peace,
Sol

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi kind people,
We bought the flights and I became increasingly anxious about how are we gonna do it. .We plan to start in Ferrol and we have 9 days; we do detour to Coruna.

What do you advise us to wear? I walk usually just to my car and back. I worry about not having stamina to carry things which are unnecessary ?

What kind of boots would you advise? Can I walk in my running shoes? My 'walking boots' are very old, very heavy and in recent years I have been putting them on only for walking in the snow..

Accommodation..Do I have to book it now? There appears to be overwhelming number of hotels and hostels. Which ones would you recommend. Do we need sleeping bags?

Foremost do you think it is manageable to do route like below (for someone with sedentary lifestyle) in the mid June?
  2. Ferrol -Neda 14K
  3. Neda - Pontedeume or Miño 20K
  4. Pontedeume or Miño -Bruma 20 k
  5. Bruma A Coruña 25K
  6. A Coruña Bruma 25K
  7. Bruma Sigueiro 24 k
  8. Sigueiro Santiago 16 K
  9. Santiago

Your help will be much, much appreciated!!!
Peace,
Sol
My wife and I walked the camino Ingles last week in 7 days If you look on camino ingles/blogs and open the last thread from me (Albertinho) you can find a lot about this camino.
Now it is hot here but tomorrow it starts raining for about a week and temperture drops to about 13 degrees. When we started a week ago in Ferrol it was cold. ..look on my other blog as well and see the pictures what we wear. http://camino-ingles.reismee.nl/fotos/.

A lot of the camino is on off road treks with stones. So good shoes are advisable.
Prepare for a lot of climbing we did the caminho Portugese last year and we had the impression that this ingles was much more hard to do.
The first days you will find albuerges. No need to book in advance. In Bruma there is also an albuerge but we prefered to go to a hostal for more privacy. Hostel o Meson Novo in o Meson do Vento we also stayed in a hotel in Ordes and a hostal in Sigüero

If you are not trained as you write Pontedeume to Bruma will be your biggest challenge as a matter of speaking. About 18 kms from Miño you'll find the hardesst climb So lot of people walk as far as bar Julia, call a taxi who brings you to Bruma or Meson do Vento. Next day you go back to bar Julia without backpack and climb up back to where you slept and the day after ryou continue to your next place to sleep. In our case this was not Sigueiro but Ordes
We had aslightly different schedule as you write. We walked about 15 kms a day.
Buen camino

A Coruna to Bruma is a long stage - much nearer 40km than 25km. Your schedule says 'Bruma-Coruna' and then 'Coruna - Bruma'. Are you going to use bus or taxi or walk the whole stage twice?

Hope it goes well

Andy

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My wife and I walked the camino Ingles last week in 7 days If you look on camino ingles/blogs and open the last thread from me (Albertinho) you can find a lot about this camino.
Now it is hot here but tomorrow it starts raining for about a week and temperture drops to about 13 degrees. When we started a week ago in Ferrol it was cold. ..look on my other blog as well and see the pictures what we wear. http://camino-ingles.reismee.nl/fotos/.

A lot of the camino is on off road treks with stones. So good shoes are advisable.
Prepare for a lot of climbing we did the caminho Portugese last year and we had the impression that this ingles was much more hard to do.
The first days you will find albuerges. No need to book in advance. In Bruma there is also an albuerge but we prefered to go to a hostal for more privacy. Hostel o Meson Novo in o Meson do Vento we also stayed in a hotel in Ordes and a hostal in Sigüero

If you are not trained as you write Pontedeume to Bruma will be your biggest challenge as a matter of speaking. About 18 kms from Miño you'll find the hardesst climb So lot of people walk as far as bar Julia, call a taxi who brings you to Bruma or Meson do Vento. Next day you go back to bar Julia without backpack and climb up back to where you slept and the day after ryou continue to your next place to sleep. In our case this was not Sigueiro but Ordes
We had aslightly different schedule as you write. We walked about 15 kms a day.
Buen camino

Thank you so much!

ah..very useful to know. We might need to reconsider our route!
many thanks!
a thought:-
Had you considered either
A) Starting in A Coruña and walking towards Bruma. Take a bus if needed to Meson do Vento and then a bus to Ferrol. Then walk from Ferrol the full distance which will qualify you for the Compostella/certificate.
or
B) If in doubt about walking some of the distances given then start as planned in Ferrol and take as many days as you need to walk to Santiago. If you have time left take a bus to A Coruña and walk back to Bruma.
We took 8 days to walk the Inglés to make shorter stages. (See Inglés links in our blog 'Return to the Camino' listed below my post)
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Sol14 - you seem to be missing a leg of the trip.

2. Ferrol -Neda 14K
  3. Neda - Pontedeume (16km) or Miño (26 km)
    1. Pontedueme to Bentanzos (23 km) or Mino to Bentazos (13km)
    2. Bentanzos to Bruma (28 km)
  4. Pontedeume or Miño -Bruma (51/41km)
  5. Bruma A Coruña 25K
  6. A Coruña Bruma 25K
  7. Bruma Sigueiro 24 k (I recorded this as 25km)
  8. Sigueiro Santiago 16 K (I recorded this as 17km)
  9. Santiago
If, as you claim, you are leading a sedentary lifestyle, you might want to do more shorter days and find another way to visit A Coruna.

Regards,

a thought:-
Had you considered either
A) Starting in A Coruña and walking towards Bruma. Take a bus if needed to Meson do Vento and then a bus to Ferrol. Then walk from Ferrol the full distance which will qualify you for the Compostella/certificate.
or
B) If in doubt about walking some of the distances given then start as planned in Ferrol and take as many days as you need to walk to Santiago. If you have time left take a bus to A Coruña and walk back to Bruma.
We took 8 days to walk the Inglés to make shorter stages. (See Inglés links in our blog 'Return to the Camino' listed below my post)
Buen Camino

We decided to go to Coruna first and than walk. Thanks for your advice :) My rucksuck slightly to heavy is waiting for me outside of my door. Thanks for all the help to everyone. See you on Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back